shugo

LEGO Technic 1H2020 videos: 42109, 42108, 42106, 42104, 42103, 42102, 42101 (My own video speedbuilds, reviews, tests and more)

Hi guys, i'm a new to world of LEGO but i'm so addicted after my first year of recording reviews. I know that many people don't like my work because I've found a local seller who sold me these sets earlier. Hope videos bellow will help you. Do not hesitate to ask for some specific information, i'll try to answer to every request. 

LEGO 42109 Top Gear Rally Car

Testing speed, slope, strenght and more.

Speedbuild and new differential review:

LEGO 42108 Mobile Crane

LEGO 42106 Stunt Show Truck and Bike,

LEGO 42104 Race Truck

LEGO 42103 Dragster

LEGO 42102 Mini CLAAS XERION

LEGO 42101 Buggy

LEGO 42107

Absolutely no information about these sets. maybe cancelled?

Unboxing video and parts lists

Edited by shugo

I like your reviews. Any negativity you're getting is just sour grapes - I'd rather enjoy the wine :drunk:

What's your impression of the new diff compared to the "old" one? Does it seem to have more friction (5 half-bevel gears versus 3)? Can it be taken apart easily or is it one of those almost no-turning-back click-ins like the small turntable and the new z60 turntable?

The new diff has a 28 tooth idler but it has no standard clutch teeth.

The gray bit has 5 internal gears and has 8 clutch teeth like on the new clutch extention ring used in 42083 and 42110.

So the diff can be used with a clutch ring to lock/unlock it but it looks like you cant with the red gear.

I hope the red gear can unclip from the gray housing.

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

I hope the red gear can unclip from the gray housing.

I'd expect so, because otherwise what would you do if you'd clipped the red gear onto the housing without putting the 12t bevel gears in first?

33 minutes ago, pleegwat said:

I'd expect so, because otherwise what would you do if you'd clipped the red gear onto the housing without putting the 12t bevel gears in first?

I tried it and it's really easy to unlip. firsty i need to disassemble diff because of really weird friction to get it working properly.

HUH?

There is a 9-page long (and counting) thread on 42109 - mostly talking about THE DIFF - and you - simply review the set - because you "found" a local seller? How cool is this?

Good for you - and use the force - no - your source - wisely!

All the very best and thanks for sharing!
Thorsten

11 minutes ago, shugo said:

I tried it and it's really easy to unlip. firsty i need to disassemble diff because of really weird friction to get it working properly.

Thank goodness for that! As for the friction, that may very well be due to the half-bevels and not the diff case - I always have to wade through a whole box of them to get three that run smoothly together, let alone five.

@suffocation really???    to be honest, I have never encounter that with my Legos on hand but I have with the Lepin brand..   Who knows a good Technic Detective???   

Just now, sirslayer said:

@suffocation really???    to be honest, I have never encounter that with my Legos on hand but I have with the Lepin brand..   Who knows a good Technic Detective???   

The other than LEGO, L word is allowed here?

4 minutes ago, sirslayer said:

@ValkyxIt is not allowed.. my comment favored LEGO's and its the truth 

When it comes to this kind of brands, i think Xiaomi is doing "better" because they are making their own sets not just copy paste reprint...

But not to make offtopic here, im curious how those differentials will handle in longer time, and if it will be possible to swap them in the "old" sets if they might work smoother than the old ones. But well if there are situations when 3 small half-bevels have additional friction getting 5 might be harder. 

My 42099 still runs fine, but when holding one of rear wheels seems to be no difference for the motor, but when i hold the other one i can hear that the motor is running a bit louder. I've taken apart whole rear of the car, built the diff etc again from scratch and after putting it back together it was exactly the same.

Edited by Valkyx

16 minutes ago, sirslayer said:

All original Lego. Quite a few people on this forum have butted heads with stubborn bevel and half-bevel gears.

4 hours ago, shugo said:

I know that many people don't like my work because I've found a local seller who sold me these sets earlier.

There's no need for a feel-sorry-for-me campaign, you got the sets early and you're not bound by an embargo so go for it, share what you found :) 

4 hours ago, shugo said:

LEGO 42107 & 42105 

Absolutely no information about these sets. maybe cancelled?

42107 is still a mystery, but 42105 is well known it's the Catamaran

On the Lego 42105 Catamaran ..  Is that a true floating device??  The USA Lego website only shows the same product as shugo review .. Hummmm??? 

Edited by sirslayer
grammar

8 hours ago, sirslayer said:

On the Lego 42105 Catamaran ..  Is that a true floating device??  The USA Lego website only shows the same product as shugo review .. Hummmm??? 

Yes, it does float.

Spoiler

Edited by agrof

@shugo Good quality videos, but I miss the detailed demonstration of the functions (what does what and how, at least at 42108) - hope this helps to improve. Anyhow, keep up with the show! :thumbup:

As I see, the steering angle is pretty limited on 42108, thus the turning radius is quite big. Is that correct? Please help me fuel the fire of hate! :grin: :wall:

1.jpg

Edited by agrof

Am i the only one disappointed in the steering mechanism in the buggy? I love small sets like this and 42084, but i simply cant agree with the usage of a steering mechanism which only works because of the slack/slop in lego parts.

2 hours ago, vectormatic said:

Am i the only one disappointed in the steering mechanism in the buggy? I love small sets like this and 42084, but i simply cant agree with the usage of a steering mechanism which only works because of the slack/slop in lego parts.

Same here. But I think they did it to get a slightly better response as they used an input of a 2L liftarm activating the steering of the 3L (building step 21 on the video at 0:47). You can easily change this, e.g. use this part as the lever. You will although get a more direct and "harder" steering I think.