SteamSewnEmpire

I'm having some trouble with LDD - can anyone help me?

I just finished switching over to a new PC. Upon downloading LDD, I discovered that the sorting for parts was completely messed up, missing many of the divisions I am familiar with:

QZ9roSd.png

Worse, a ton of bricks that I previously had access too appear to be gone from the program. I went so far as to delete the software and use a USB drive to bring the version from my old PC over, but to no avail - it's still wonky and unusable. I'm concerned that I may never be able to design models again, because I simply cannot use horrible Studio 2.0 (nothing against the designers of this program, but I can't scroll through every brick in creation just to find the one I want). 

Does anyone know how to get the version I was using back? Or what it prompting LDD to behave like this? Is it Windows 10? 

Edited by SteamSewnEmpire

Hi, what is your version of LDD that is causing this problem? Does it say 4.3.12 on the LDD download website and does it give you an internet error on startup? Because the latest version of LDD on the website is super wonky.

Is the version on your old PC an older version of LDD? 

One thing I can think off is when uninstalling LDD, it gets rid of the software but not the asset library, so when you reinstall it, it sees that the asset library is already there and therefore does not replace it. This is only my guess, so you can try deleting the LDD folder in C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer, and installing the older version (4.3.11) back. Hopefully that should fix the issue...

Unfortunately, that appears to have done nothing. I have no idea how LDD was set up on my old PC - it was version 4.3.11, but gave a message that it couldn't connect to the internet upon loading. The bricks it could load, however, were (as far as I know) the same they have been for about 3 years.

I tried deleting all the assets on the new PC, then bringing over the ones from the old PC, but that hasn't solved the problem, either.

Is 4.3.11 the wonky version? What version should I be trying to acquire, and do you know where I can nab it?

9 minutes ago, ExeSandbox said:

Version 4.3.12 is supposed to be the wonky one, so it's odd that 4.3.11 isn't working for you. Perhaps you can try installing 4.3.10 first and then updating it afterwards?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QO9FZDsdftSrWW1KdvUau4VKnXY_5UOK

Thanks for your continuing help. When I attempt to install 4.3.10, it tells me that it could not locate Adobe Flash on my PC (I do have flash on my PC). It then attempts to download Flash and crashes. 

This is what I am getting. I even uninstalled Flash just so that LDD would not attempt to override a newer version of Flash, and it still crashes whenever it attempts to D/L it:

wevbXx0.png

There doesn't appear to be any option where LDD 4.3.10 installs without it attempting to download flash... and when it tries to do that, it blows up. So... I'm not sure where to go from here.

5 minutes ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

Thanks for your continuing help. When I attempt to install 4.3.10, it tells me that it could not locate Adobe Flash on my PC (I do have flash on my PC). It then attempts to download Flash and crashes. 

Hmm, that's funny. You mentioned you switched over to a "new" PC. Is it a latest model? Because there may be compatibility issues due to the fact that LDD hasn't been updated for centuries. It could still be fixed, which might require messing with Windows itself, but I don't know about programming, so I'm at a dead end. :laugh:

I hope there is a solution to this, lest you have to use Stud.io 2.0 :ugh: (you're right about it being a pain to use...)

1 hour ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

I got it. Got it, got it, got it - thank the lord (and thank you for your help).

I want to link this guide here for ANYONE else who runs into this problem:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/lego-digital-designer-gives-error-that-flash-player-is-not-installed/td-p/10441017

Thank you again, Exesandbox. 

Woah, that's great! :thumbup: 

Did installing it fix the issue with the parts inventory?

Had this problem and I did the worst thing you can do - ignore it... Somehow I managed to install LDD, but it doesn't wanna let me acces any of models now. The loading bar loads to about 1/3 and then the program closes. I have no idea what to do know... Could anyone help me? 

THANK YOU both @ExeSandbox (for the link to the download of the ldd) and @SteamSewnEmpire (for the workaround with the flash) I'd already given up hope of getting ldd to work on my new W10 laptop, when I did one last attempt and check here (which I should've done first) 

8 hours ago, Bart said:

THANK YOU both @ExeSandbox (for the link to the download of the ldd) and @SteamSewnEmpire (for the workaround with the flash) I'd already given up hope of getting ldd to work on my new W10 laptop, when I did one last attempt and check here (which I should've done first) 

That's good to hear! Glad to be of help. :laugh:

When I install the link ExeSandbox posted, I don't get that flash popup... When everything is done installing LDD opens, but then says not responding. I've tried deleting the Adobe flash file, but no luck...