Hinckley

Thack Desteck—Day 1, The Gorgon Spies

Players (in their anonymous character accounts) only please!!!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

Day One has begun. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will last precisely 72 hours. Each day a random player will be given a scroll. The scroll will contain an ability that the Neutral (Traveler) can use. It will be up to the player who receives the scroll if they want to pass it along to the Traveler.

Rules

(Deviations from the EB standard Mafia rules are in bold blue. Modified clauses have been struck through.)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town (Oceanides) or the Scum (Gorgons). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to kill off all of the Town, or nothing can prevent this from happening (see example role PMs below) Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

1a. This is an anonymous game and you may only post in your character account sent to you by the host. Be sure to check before you post that you are in your anonymous account and not in your main Eurobricks account.

1b. When communicating in private, you should not reveal you true identities to each other, either.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character. Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character. No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. A majority being reached will not end the day. The day will continue for the full 72 hours and any majority vote that is reached can be overturned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves. Players may not target themselves. Unless otherwise noted in your role PM, players CAN target the same player two nights in a row.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Similarly, you may not directly quote any communications that were sent to you by other players in the game. If you wish to reveal private communications, these must also be paraphrased. 

5a. The Role PM is structured for every player in this way:

Player: Your EB Profile

Character: Character name

Affiliation: Town (Oceanide) or Scum (Gorgon) or Neutral (Traveler)

Role: [Either the details of a Night Action or] Vanilla. You have no ability. Your power is in your vote! Use it wisely.

Win Condition: Either (You win when all of the Gorgons (Scum) are eliminated) or (You win when all of the Oceanides (Town) are dead, or nothing can prevent this from happening) or (Neutral's win condition)

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, including suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator. A warning will be given upon our first violation of Rule 1. Do be careful when posting to ensure you are posting from the correct account.

12. There are no hints or clues in the day/night images.

NPC

0_tellia.jpg

Queen Tellia, Ruler of Thack Desteck

0_naryyus.jpg

King Naryyus, Dead King

0_kyrrio.jpg

Kyrrio, King's Guard

0_ddewy.jpg

Ddewy, Queen's Guard

0_killer.jpg

—, Killer-for-hire

0_proochllooeros.jpg

Proochllooeros, Ocean Shaman

Characters

araveea.jpg

Araveea, Master of Music

cadd.jpg

Cadd, Special Counsel to the Queen

coralaaze.jpg

Coralaaze, Master of Education

eeyara.jpg

Eeyara, Master of Negotiations

luxxon.jpg

Luxxon, Master of Music

marwyyn.jpg

Marwyyn, Master of Architecture

mazziko.jpg

Mazziko, Master of Labor

nancy.jpg

Nancy, Master of Coin

nerrio.jpg

Nerrio, Master of Public Relations

ronnan.jpg

Ronnan, Master of War

scabowee_wah.jpg

Scabowee-wah, Master of Invertebrate Relations

tameekys.jpg

Tameekys, Master of Agriculture

zandder.jpg

Zandder, Master of Coral Protection

**Council titles are strictly for players to have fun with their characters.

17 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

007.jpg

Yes, yes, this is very important information for me to have. Thank you, Clairvoyant Coral, for sharing your pronouns with us. 

Now, time for some pew-pew yet? 

pew pew! I really like the fabulous fins we have on our backs for better handling down in these depths. Except Scabowee-wah, of course, who is an invertebrate. I find they really make it feel like we are a real underwater kingdom.

I did like the excel spreadsheet suggestion, though. Excel helps me organize my coral-protection duties.

My tentacles give me all the mobility one could ever need. But had I not the tentacles, your fins would be a fabulous alternative. 

And I already use Excel (Google Sheets actually, so it's mobile) for my coral-related and Gorgon-hunting duties. 

Bah! Sheets.

In my day we had double entry ledgers and mechanical adding machines. None of this fancy pew pew. We pitchforked ‘em properly up close and personal.

Just now, Cadd said:

Bah! Sheets.

In my day we had double entry ledgers and mechanical adding machines. None of this fancy pew pew. We pitchforked ‘em properly up close and personal.

Different tools for different jobs. Sheets for when I need to be mobile while hunting Gorgons. Excel for heftier data crunching. And paper when I want to feel old and waste my time. Bah! 

Don't worry dears! I've baked some nice macadamia nut cookies for us all while we try to figure out who to zap with a magical scepter. How did I bake something underwater? Magic, that's how. Don't ask questions. 

1 hour ago, Marwyyn said:

Yay, Pew Pew.

So keen and we haven't said boo yet.  Must be one of the Gorgons.

1 hour ago, Zandder said:

I did like the excel spreadsheet suggestion, though. Excel helps me organize my coral-protection duties.

52 minutes ago, Scabowee-wah said:

And I already use Excel (Google Sheets actually, so it's mobile) for my coral-related and Gorgon-hunting duties. 

I also prefer a spreadsheet over paper. Does that make me young or just sprightly?

7 minutes ago, Tameekys said:

Don't worry dears! I've baked some nice macadamia nut cookies for us all while we try to figure out who to zap with a magical scepter. 

I'd like one of those.

1 hour ago, Luxxon said:

I'd like one of those.

Certainly my young man! Have as many as you'd like. I can always bake more! 

Pew pew. I'm glad we have chosen the most civilized way to deal with this crisis.

I was wondering about those scrolls... How will we manage to pass them on to the Traveler? I don't suppose they will want to come out and reveal themselves, because the Gorgons will want the Traveler dead. We can also pass them on at random every night until the Traveler gets them, hoping that they don't land in Gorgon hands first. Any thoughts?

4 hours ago, Araveea said:

I was wondering about those scrolls... How will we manage to pass them on to the Traveler? I don't suppose they will want to come out and reveal themselves, because the Gorgons will want the Traveler dead. We can also pass them on at random every night until the Traveler gets them, hoping that they don't land in Gorgon hands first. Any thoughts?

Pew Pew. The person who receives the scroll doesn't have to give it out immediately so maybe they may wish to wait until they have a better reading on other players?

I'd also love some macadamia nut cookies. 

39 minutes ago, Mazziko said:

Pew Pew. The person who receives the scroll doesn't have to give it out immediately so maybe they may wish to wait until they have a better reading on other players?

Or maybe it becomes void and a new random player is given a new scroll on the next day? That or they just stack up I guess.

I mean maybe in the beginning an extra role could be helpful, but towards the end, it could throw a sea-monkey wrench into a town block's plans, unless it's a ability that can do no harm like a protector role. But hey, even that could do harm if we have for example a vigilante. Now if the Traveler was in the town block that could be a different story, but we don't know what their win condition is, so they couldn't be fully brought in.

Bah! scrolls.

Someone gets seen handing over a scroll and they’ll face a mess of scrutiny and hostility. 
saying “I was just handing a scroll” has to be the weakest claim ever, how could it be verified? Nah. Which polyp came up with such a trap of a method? I wouldn’t want to hand out a scroll even with a better read on other players.

2 hours ago, Mazziko said:

I agree. But the longer one waits, the more likely the scrolls will go to waste. I don't suppose the Traveler can use more than one scroll per night?

1 hour ago, Marwyyn said:

Or maybe it becomes void and a new random player is given a new scroll on the next day? That or they just stack up I guess.

I mean maybe in the beginning an extra role could be helpful, but towards the end, it could throw a sea-monkey wrench into a town block's plans, unless it's a ability that can do no harm like a protector role. But hey, even that could do harm if we have for example a vigilante. Now if the Traveler was in the town block that could be a different story, but we don't know what their win condition is, so they couldn't be fully brought in. 

I doubt that we would have this complicated system of scrolls that we receive but only the Traveler can use, only so that it would turn against us in the end... If I get I scroll I will defiantly... or is it definitely?... try to pass it on and see what happens.

28 minutes ago, Cadd said:

Bah! scrolls.

Someone gets seen handing over a scroll and they’ll face a mess of scrutiny and hostility. 
saying “I was just handing a scroll” has to be the weakest claim ever, how could it be verified? Nah. Which polyp came up with such a trap of a method? I wouldn’t want to hand out a scroll even with a better read on other players. 

Why would you say that? I mean, it's a known fact that we get scrolls and presumably only the Traveler can use them, not the Gorgons. Why would it be suspicions to try and pass them along? If anything, only scum would try to short-circuit this plan. Or is there anything I am missing? Yes, scum might have chosen to have an Inventor, but for all we know we might have one too. The nature of Oceanian roles is unknown at the moment.

If I get *a* scroll is what I meant there.

48 minutes ago, Cadd said:

Bah! scrolls.

Odd. Just...odd.

6 minutes ago, Araveea said:

If I get I scroll I will defiantly... or is it definitely?... try to pass it on and see what happens.

In the beginning? Yeah. Sure. Why not. Towards the end? No. Nah. Uh-uh. To much chaos when one wrong move could mean game over. 

25 minutes ago, Araveea said:

I don't suppose the Traveler can use more than one scroll per night?

Also can he choose not to submit a action? 

1 hour ago, Cadd said:

Bah! scrolls.

Let's all remember that there could be a Gorgon Traitor who didn't get recalled. So something like the above post could be a Traitor trying to single to the other scum by acting overly scummy. 

I meant to say "quoted post" not "above post". :look: :grin:

3 hours ago, Marwyyn said:

The rules do say that every day a random siren (or jellyfish) will receive a scroll. I can't see why they wouldn't stack up.

9 hours ago, Araveea said:

How will we manage to pass them on to the Traveler?

Somehow I feel this process is mediated by a certain clairvoyant coral.

2 hours ago, Cadd said:

saying “I was just handing a scroll” has to be the weakest claim ever, how could it be verified?

The person allegedly receiving a scroll could verify that they did, in fact, receive a scroll.

1 hour ago, Cadd said:

Bah! scrolls.

I've been doing some reading of the rules, which is something that I've found hard to do since I misplaced my glasses for a few hours. I don't think that giving a scroll is necessarily a "night action" meaning that if you do hand over a scroll, you will not necessarily be seen doing that. It is entirely possible that I am wrong. After all, I read it without my glasses. 

Just now, Zandder said:

The person allegedly receiving a scroll could verify that they did, in fact, receive a scroll.

I find it extremely unlikely that the traveler will reveal themselves just to try and confirm that someone handed them the scroll instead of another night action. Especially since, from what I understand, the traveler will not know who sent them the scroll. What's to stop counter-claims by people in regards to scroll sending? 

I don't think the Traveler would reveal themselves, no. But if the mechanic works by passing the scroll around until it reaches the Traveler, then the claim of passing the scroll is verifiable.

10 minutes ago, Tameekys said:

What's to stop counter-claims by people in regards to scroll sending? 

Nothing, you're right. But it's possible that there may be multiple scrolls in play if they haven't been given to the Traveler and used already. So counter-claims may not be desperately helpful.

12 minutes ago, Tameekys said:

I don't think that giving a scroll is necessarily a "night action"

It's unclear whether passing the scroll is a night or day action. But you know what is a day action? Passing around cookies. You got any more of those macadamia nut ones?

2 minutes ago, Zandder said:

But you know what is a day action? Passing around cookies.

Yeah and so is voting. What are we thinking? Lynch? No lynch? C'mon I wanna hear opinions, thoughts, commentary, recipes. Gimme it all.

8 minutes ago, Zandder said:

I don't think the Traveler would reveal themselves, no. But if the mechanic works by passing the scroll around until it reaches the Traveler, then the claim of passing the scroll is verifiable.

Wait I'm pretty sure it doesn't say anything about the scroll getting passed to other people. Either it goes straight to Traveler or it doesn't right?