Itsasecret581

[MOC] Lavender Ice Cream Shop

Here is my small Ice Cream Shop. The front features a gumball machine and bench under a tree for people to sit and eat their Ice Cream.

oozKsLM.png

The first floor has the actual ice cream and a small table setup.

t9L3HMx.png

Here's a closeup of the counter and the supplies closet under the stairs,

zvWZD8G.png

Second floor is a seating area as well as as another area to store some supplies/materials.

LAbvZwG.png

Here is it alongside my bookstore and fishmonger. I'm almost done physically building the bookstore and then need to get working on the other two.

GQY8Fwe.png

I love it. I really like the use of the floors, both being the ice cream shop. It’s cool seeing a single use business in a half sized Modular. 

10 hours ago, Itsasecret581 said:

Here is my small Ice Cream Shop. 

It strikes me as very similar to Emma's Art Studio from LEGO Friends, not just because of the color. The top floor windows and even the arrangement of the front door are just too much alike. Anyway, nice model and the good news probably is that you timed it just in such a manner that it could actually be built physically now as well without having to substitute colors...

Mylenium

Charming little building that fits in well with the others on your street. Good use a more unusual colour too!

The color is stunning. It's a perfect feel for an  ice cream shop. Everyone always complains that Friends theme is too colorful for a city, but this why all colors should be used.

Edited by Maple
Typo

7 hours ago, Mylenium said:

It strikes me as very similar to Emma's Art Studio from LEGO Friends, not just because of the color. The top floor windows and even the arrangement of the front door are just too much alike. Anyway, nice model and the good news probably is that you timed it just in such a manner that it could actually be built physically now as well without having to substitute colors...

Mylenium

Never really paid any attention to the Friends line but looking at one, do see a bit of a resemblance. I designed it with all existing parts and colors so it should be build-able.

1 hour ago, Maple said:

The color is stunning. It's a perfect feel for an  ice cream shop. Everyone always complains that Friends theme is too colorful for a city, but this why all colors show be used.

As soon as I saw the Lavender I knew it was perfect for an Ice Cream shop like this. I think the Friends colors give some interesting new options that can be used creatively.

On 12/14/2019 at 11:56 AM, Itsasecret581 said:

As soon as I saw the Lavender I knew it was perfect for an Ice Cream shop like this. I think the Friends colors give some interesting new options that can be used creatively.

It's a great color and I don't think it looks anything like the Friends set besides the size which means nothing. It's a great use of an amazing color. I want to make a similar sized ice cream shop with a patio on top to eat it on but in what I think is called light aqua.

6 hours ago, Maple said:

It's a great color and I don't think it looks anything like the Friends set besides the size which means nothing. It's a great use of an amazing color. I want to make a similar sized ice cream shop with a patio on top to eat it on but in what I think is called light aqua.

The light aqua would look nice!

Built it in person. Changed up the Ice Cream sign with the Ice Cream cone minifigure from the Collectible Minifigure series, and I think it came out better than the small cone piece.

PIV06X1.jpg

Here it is tucked in with the Detective's Office and an apartment I made.

jOIPIHb.jpg

It looks really nice next to the blue of DO. However the ice cream piece you used (which is much better) is from The LEGO Movie 2, not a CMF series. (Unless I missed a series.)

Really lovely! Actually, I'm amazed how much better it looks when built with real pieces. It fits perfectly next to the DO :wub:

A bit more simple details on the second floor (maybe some minifig scenes) would make it even better :)

On 1/13/2020 at 6:35 PM, Maple said:

It looks really nice next to the blue of DO. However the ice cream piece you used (which is much better) is from The LEGO Movie 2, not a CMF series. (Unless I missed a series.)

Oh, my mistake! I like it next to the DO too.

On 1/14/2020 at 1:54 PM, adwind said:

Really lovely! Actually, I'm amazed how much better it looks when built with real pieces. It fits perfectly next to the DO :wub:

A bit more simple details on the second floor (maybe some minifig scenes) would make it even better :)

I'm working on getting some minifigs going on the 2nd level and working at the shop as well!