Hinckley

Thack Desteck—Night Zero and Confirmation

Players (in their anonymous character accounts) only please!!!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

The name of the game is Stack the Deck, with a little bit of Blood on the Clock Tower thrown in for some fun.

Let’s start with Stack the Deck

There are currently 2 Scum (Gorgons) team members with the ability to night-kill and 1 Scum Traitor

Welcome to Night Zero.

Over the next 24-48 hours, the 2 Scum team members will decide which abilities they would like. They can choose 1-3 of the following abilities:

• Inventor (gives one shot ninja, one shot strongman)
  • Blocker
  • Rolecop
  • Recall Traitor*
  • Modify role to be bulletproof

*If the Scum opt to not use the “recall Traitor” action, they can still recall the Traitor by targeting them with the kill action. In which case, the Traitor would survive and be recalled. Until the Traitor is recalled, any investigative Action will produce a “Not Gorgon” result.

The specifics of this choice can only be discussed with the host via the writeboard. No questions about the setup regarding the Scum’s list of choices will be entertained in this thread at this time.

Once the Scum have made their choice, the Town (Oceanides) will receive their roles.

The Town begins with two roles. If the Scum choose 1 ability from the above list, the Town will receive 1 additional role. If the Scum choose 2 abilities from the above list, the Town will receive 2 additional roles. If the Scum choose 3 abilities from the above list, the Town will receive 3 additional roles.

The list of roles the Town has will not be revealed in the semi-open setup.

In the interest of helping EB Mafia evolve, and hopefully not getting too ridiculously complicated, I’m adding a Neutral role—that is not a serial killer—based on the Traveler role from Blood on the Clocktower. Feel free to read up on the mechanics of that role in that game. TLDR; the Traveler role is given in the IRL game Blood on the Clocktower, to people who show up late or have to leave early. They are neutral and can’t vote but have powers that effect the mechanics of the game. In that game, every player knows who the traveler is. For (I assume) obvious reason, a host-confirmed role would not work in an EB game. (In this case, the Traveler in this game will be allowed to vote.) There are other aspects of this role that make its addition to an EB game problematic, so I’ve added my own twist to it and I hope to the Mafia Gods that it maintains a balance. Full transparency: I’ve run projections with this setup, but I admit it may fall flat, really frustrate everybody and cause controversy and hatred…just like old times! :blush: Either way, I promise you will have fun along the way.

Each day a random player will be given a scroll. The scroll will contain an ability that the Neutral (Traveler) can use. It will be up to the player who receives the scroll if they want to pass it along to the Traveler.

Rules

(Deviations from the EB standard Mafia rules are in bold blue. Modified clauses have been struck through.)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town (Oceanides) or the Scum (Gorgons). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to kill off all of the Town, or nothing can prevent this from happening (see example role PMs below) Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

1a. This is an anonymous game and you may only post in your character account sent to you by the host. Be sure to check before you post that you are in your anonymous account and not in your main Eurobricks account.

1b. When communicating in private, you should not reveal you true identities to each other, either.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character. Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character. No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. A majority being reached will not end the day. The day will continue for the full 72 hours and any majority vote that is reached can be overturned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves. Players may not target themselves. Unless otherwise noted in your role PM, players CAN target the same player two nights in a row.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Similarly, you may not directly quote any communications that were sent to you by other players in the game. If you wish to reveal private communications, these must also be paraphrased. 

5a. The Role PM is structured for every player in this way:

Player: Your EB Profile

Character: Character name

Affiliation: Town (Oceanide) or Scum (Gorgon) or Neutral (Traveler)

Role: [Either the details of a Night Action or] Vanilla. You have no ability. Your power is in your vote! Use it wisely.

Win Condition: Either (You win when all of the Gorgons (Scum) are eliminated) or (You win when all of the Oceanides (Town) are dead, or nothing can prevent this from happening) or (Neutral's win condition)

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, including suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator. A warning will be given upon our first violation of Rule 1. Do be careful when posting to ensure you are posting from the correct account.

12. There are no hints or clues in the day/night images.

NPC

0_tellia.jpg

Queen Tellia, Ruler of Thack Desteck

0_naryyus.jpg

King Naryyus, Dead King

0_kyrrio.jpg

Kyrrio, King's Guard

0_ddewy.jpg

Ddewy, Queen's Guard

0_killer.jpg

—, Killer-for-hire

0_proochllooeros.jpg

Proochllooeros, Ocean Shaman

Characters

araveea.jpg

Araveea, Master of Music

cadd.jpg

Cadd, Special Counsel to the Queen

coralaaze.jpg

Coralaaze, Master of Education

eeyara.jpg

Eeyara, Master of Negotiations

luxxon.jpg

Luxxon, Master of Music

marwyyn.jpg

Marwyyn, Master of Architecture

mazziko.jpg

Mazziko, Master of Labor

nancy.jpg

Nancy, Master of Coin

nerrio.jpg

Nerrio, Master of Public Relations

ronnan.jpg

Ronnan, Master of War

scabowee_wah.jpg

Scabowee-wah, Master of Invertebrate Relations

tameekys.jpg

Tameekys, Master of Agriculture

zandder.jpg

Zandder, Master of Coral Protection

**Council titles are strictly for players to have fun with their characters.

Please use this thread to confirm your participation. If you don't have your anonymous character login yet, please wait a few minutes. I'm rushing to get this done before I have to leave for an appointment.

‘Tis fitting, that I, the first of the council to spawn should be the first to arrive to this hall,

Curse you Tamerkys, sneaking upon me like that!

Hi all. I'm Araveea, Master of Music.

1 hour ago, Luxxon said:

Hi all.  Luxxon, Master of Music, here.

Wait... who's the real Master of Music here? Fishy (get it? fishy...)

This is a lot to take in. In the meantime I can play you something appropriate for the circumstances, death metal perhaps? So soothing.

Nancy? Shouldn't it be Nancee or Naancy? Scum. :hmpf_bad:

5 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Zandder, Master of Coral Protection

It seems I am not merely "Zandder" but "Zandder". I like it. Gives me a bit of oomph.

Let's all just talk this out, surely we can come to a solution that doesn't involve more violence and death.

Come on out, Gorgons, let's talk.

Hello I'm Nancy, Master of Coin so I guess I'm in charge of the money around here. If you want to solve a problem you throw money at it don't you? So I'll be throwing money at the dead king in hopes that'll bring him back or something.

And I, Scabowee-wah, am here as well. As the Master of Invertebrate Relations, I feel I am the best to communicate with our clairvoyant coral. Oh coral, speak to me! Tell me who the Gorgons are that we may slay them posthaste and move on with our undersea lives!

Ronnan, Master of War is here and ready to take the battle to our foes.

11 hours ago, Eeyara said:

Let's all just talk this out, surely we can come to a solution that doesn't involve more violence and death.

Shut up, Eeyara.  The time for talk has passed.

Kyrrio... you have some explaining to do.

1 hour ago, Zandder said:

What an amazing figure you've got there, Scabowee-wah! What exercises do you do to keep in shape?

None. That's how you maintain a flowing, blobby figure. 

Everybody has checked in. I am setting up the new day. It may take me a few hours. Once the Day is posted, the Townie roles will be assigned and the first Traveler scroll given.

The Day One conclusion is up. Please get your Night Actions in. Thank you!

I will have the new day up within approximately 8 hours. Thanks, everybody!

Deadline now!

I'm posting the new Day and sending Night Action results. In mere moments... (maybe 10-15 minutes?)

Hey kids! Merry Christmas! I hope everybody enjoyed the holidays. I'm back in town and have a ton of errands to run today. I will start putting the new day thread together about 7 hours from now and will hopefully take just an hour or two to do so. So, you can expect Day Three in about 9-10 hours.

Thanks, everybody!