seejay

Hello from Geneva

I've been lurking around Eurobricks for a few months, getting a bit of advice here and there from this great resource.  I live in France, just across the border from Geneva.

A bit over a year ago, when my kid was two, I started gathering a some used bricks from colleagues whose kids were outgrowing them.  Then I started trying to organize them, just a little, to see what I had.  And then I discovered Rebrickable and LDraw and Studio and LDCad and LPub . . . And so, a year later, I have a wall of little labeled drawers of well-sorted Lego, an inventory on Rebrickable, and a dozen MOCs posted there, some of which I designed for my kid, some of which are really just for me.

I seem to most enjoy functional Lego, like the key organizer I built, or the Lego Idea maze set for which I have built a couple of mazes.  GBC seems to be a whole other world whose siren call I can hear . . .  And as the little one gets older, I think the light at the end of the tunnel is most definitely an oncoming Lego train.

seejay-small.png?dl=1

Edited by seejay
typo

Welcome to EB, seejay!

You've got some nice builds there; I especially like the charging station that matches the wood!  Looking forward to seeing what else you create, and maybe even a GBC module from you too.  Happy building!  :classic:

6 hours ago, Reaper said:

Welcome to Eurobricks! I like the mini robot :classic:

Thanks!  I've had the little wind-up version since 1977 when I was little kid.  I was so enamored with the LEGO version that I ordered chromed bricks to match it as closely as possible to its ancestor.  Then came the tracked version, because my kid loves anything with tracks.  Soon it will be an army . . . 

13-Dec-19%2011-44-13%20AM.png?dl=1