ukbajadave

[HELP] Virtual Pivot Steering with Servo

I've reached a bit of an impasse with my latest MOC. I want to use a virtual pivot steering system to keep the wheels tight in the arches. The arrangement in the pic gives me the hub movement I want but I'm struggling to connect it to the PF servo output.

800x483.jpg

I think I need a lot less movement than the 90° each way the servo gives. I've tried different ideas and always run into problems, the hubs pointing slightly to one side due to gear teeth not meshing or lots of slack. This is supposed to end up a pendular axle under a fake engine so it cant be too tall i.e. servo pointed down toward red 2l

Can anyone see a way to succeed where I have so far failed? I really want to get off the chassis and start the cab!

Any and all suggestions gratefully received 

I would try to come up with a linkage that needs the 90 degrees on the input side, and only gives the needed amount of movement on the output side. This can be done by connecting a short arm on the servo, and link it to a long(er) arm on the steering arms. Then you also avoid the teeth-offset issue.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe something like in @Attika's Ultimate Pickup, but turned upside down, so you use the side that articulates less than the servo oitput:

800x450.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

Try to find new batmobile's steering system and @nico71's sedan. Both have virtual pivot steering and nico's sedan use servo motor.

Another example you can see here:

but it gets a bit to vertical so only good for truck, at least in this configuration that I used...