The Brick Boss

MOC City Bus Terminal

This is my MOC Bus Terminal building. I didn't really care for the half-butt bus terminal we got in 2017. Here is how I would've done it. Play-ability is still a factor. The bus terminal includes a seating area, clock tower and an office for the terminal manager to hang. I actually plan to push the baseplate out a little so there shall be enough room between the bus and the building. 

latest?cb=20191206152824

Part of the inspiration came from Classic Town set number 379-1 titled Bus Station. This MOC is a modern day CITYfied version of the sets. 

379-1.jpg

Edited by pooda

I'm not seeing it. That could be a ticket booth to a county fair, a sno cone booth, coffee booth, a tourist information booth or a security guard shack if you remove the green block benches and insert an arm to block off traffic. And it isn't up to the standards of City set quality. But it is a great start. What stands out about the transit station you work at? How could you modify and expand this to look more identifiable? When I see a building I don't want to be told what its purpose is, I should be able to just know. Like where I am from there used to be a lot of Pizza Hut locations that all had the distinctive look to them. Most are no longer Pizza Huts but the building is instantly recognizable and every one that isn't still a Pizza Hut is some other form of restaurant. 

1 minute ago, fordtruckin said:

I'm not seeing it. That could be a ticket booth to a county fair, a sno cone booth, coffee booth, a tourist information booth or a security guard shack if you remove the green block benches and insert an arm to block off traffic.

Pardon? If you ever come to the DC area and travel on the WMATA system, that's basically how most of the stops look like. The only addition is the information cubicle where the manager stands - which is based off of the small cubicles seen at the subway stations. There is really nothing fancy about the bus terminals on my system. Not even the one at Union Station, if you can believe it. Matter of fact, we don't have a Port Authority. If you were to build a bus terminal based off of the ones you see in D.C., it would be as dull as the tower from police set. 60210. 

6 minutes ago, fordtruckin said:

When I see a building I don't want to be told what its purpose is, I should be able to just know.

So you couldn't tell that that was a seating area? You couldn't tell that the black piece hanging from the roof was a bus stop? 

7 minutes ago, fordtruckin said:

Most are no longer Pizza Huts but the building is instantly recognizable and every one that isn't still a Pizza Hut is some other form of restaurant. 

I....think that has a lot to do with trademarking. That's their trademark look! That's why we all can tell what it is. I have a pizzeria too btw.

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/174599-moc-city-pizza-restaurant/