Hi all,

is there a simple way to send the GATT commands needed for Powered Up from a Arduino?

Are there libraries that can be used?

Thanks in advace!

Thanks a lot,

I cannot find any hints to MAC Adresses to connect a device in the legoino project, that's why I don't kow how to use.

For my Raspberry I wrote my own programms using GATTTOOL, which works fine and has been shown on different exhibitions his year.

My idea: Arduino needs less time to start, less energy to run, has analog inputs, that's why I wanted to switch to the Arduino

Hi,

Surprise: sent a question yesterday concerning MAC-Adresses to the developer of legoino, and solution was implemented 3h later!

Next Step: buying an arduino..........

Edited by Lok24

Now, thanks to "Cornelius" (and my suggestion on the NimBLE library) it is possible to use Legoino to manage up to 8 hubs ;)

In the video I connected 8 device, changing the led color in a continuous loop

On 8/5/2020 at 1:24 PM, dr_spock said:

Fantastic.

It really is.

Got myself an ESP32 (nodeMCU, with not knowing at all what that thing can do - for 8 Euros - and yes, I know, I got the overpriced version, but it came in the mail within 2 days) and installed the required stuff for the Arduino IDE - and it simply >works<.

It is amazing, what Cornelius and @GianCann and many others are creating on GitHub. I asked Cornelius (Legoino) about the implementation of the LWP code for the L motor on the 2 I/O hub - and he responded positively! That means train speed control (not power) with an ESP32 will be possible rather soon. And that makes the difference for me, as power regulated speed results in very smooth train operation, even when not using 2 XLs to simply kill friction forces.

Thanks a lot to all the developers!

Best
Thorsten

Hi,

yes it works!
I just did some testing, but compiling with arduino IDE is very very slow, even a program with only a dozen of lines withtuout any includes takes half a minute, the leguino exaples a minute or more, upload of course depends on size of program. So for testing and developing purposes this is very hard.  That's not what I expected. Can I improve this?

On 8/23/2020 at 12:44 PM, Lok24 said:

That's not what I expected. Can I improve this?

Try to disable the Antivirus (if you have one)

On 8/23/2020 at 11:44 AM, Lok24 said:

That's not what I expected.

How many bytes is the compiled code for a few lines of code?

Best
Thorsten