Sign in to follow this  
Mestari

[MOC] Small house with dock and airboat

This is my 2018 build in steampunk style of a flying rock with a small house on top. It has a dock with airboat moored.

The rock houses rechargeable battery which in turn powers an M-motor that drives the windmill.

The airboat features two domes right from Johnny Thunder Scorpio Palace set. I have waited several years to use it in this configuration :P when finally I had good opportunity to do so. I hope you'll enjoy it!

I only have photos from the exhibition, I'm sorry for lack of clarity due to that. There are some distractions in the background...

640x427.jpg

800x800.jpg

800x733.jpg

800x1188.jpg

640x427.jpg

This is a lovely build all-around, but I must say one thing that jumps out at me is how nicely you've integrated the support with those clear panels.  I love they way they go straight into the rock with the point inside, and then the clouds beneath.  It's great!  :classic:

Thank you :) As can be seen in the background, we have chosen this type of support for all of our rocks. It proved to be surprisingly strong and stable. And not too distracting from the actual build :)

I wonder if the rumored Pirates for the next year will look something like that... Steampunk sets would be very interesting - a very cool build Mestari!

The use of those dome pieces is ace indeed, never seen it done before despite the numerous steampunk I've seen over the years! Also, that's a nice fence. :thumbup: Any pictures of the full layout somewhere?

On 12/11/2019 at 5:10 PM, Exetrius said:

The use of those dome pieces is ace indeed, never seen it done before despite the numerous steampunk I've seen over the years! Also, that's a nice fence. :thumbup: Any pictures of the full layout somewhere?

There are some pictures towards the bottom of that album of my friend: LINK

Thank you all for comments :)