Hello fellow EB members.

I've been working on this MOC for the last couple of months which includes a Cinema, bakery and clothing shop. No interiors were included this time. Its been only my second project this year due to moving my whole Lego collection to another room and re-organizing. Hopefully more to come next year!

It is based on 1930-1940's timeline as it was a flimsy excuse to build a old style car and tram and more importantly the Luxor cinema which is what I started building first. Anyway on with the pics, 4 in all to include a few closeup shots. Any questions on building techniques or general comments I'll do my best to answer.

49189069867_b2d84c5b12_c.jpg

49188857116_d85054db65_c.jpg

49189029467_5c41e72b34_c.jpg

49188813426_9601aa2de2_c.jpg

You can find all the same pics on my flickr here in bigger sizes if you so wish: https://www.flickr.com/photos/52656812@N04/

Cheers!

Edited by snaillad
Included flickr link for larger sized photos

Truly beautiful. Another real snaillad instant classic. The color selection, the architecture and the balance are unmatched.

I wonder how long you play around to find the perfect parts, because in every build every part selection is just plain perfect. I sometimes play around for hours and after looking at the final build I still feel that it could be done better but I'm too blind to see it. Your builds are always flawless in that regard. :)

Once I see who posted a new topic, I know what to expect. Another incredible build by you. I particularly like the theater (and the side door and front door). I was planning on an art deco theater for my town, but I've been struggling with motivation. Maybe this will help!

I also want to see more pictures of that gray building. I really like the use of the pyramid pieces. The colors here are always so subdued, but they work really well together. I always struggle with what will go together and still look appropriate.

Plus I always forget to make a scene. My posts are always build only, so it isn't as eye grabbing.

Thanks for sharing.

On 12/8/2019 at 7:31 PM, peedeejay said:

Truly beautiful. Another real snaillad instant classic. The color selection, the architecture and the balance are unmatched.

I wonder how long you play around to find the perfect parts, because in every build every part selection is just plain perfect. I sometimes play around for hours and after looking at the final build I still feel that it could be done better but I'm too blind to see it. Your builds are always flawless in that regard. :)

Thank you! I spend far too long trying to balance colours out. :laugh: It's important to me to try and find new techniques and implement ones I've had saved for a while. Really adds too much time!

On 12/10/2019 at 4:24 PM, TheLegoDr said:

Once I see who posted a new topic, I know what to expect. Another incredible build by you. I particularly like the theater (and the side door and front door). I was planning on an art deco theater for my town, but I've been struggling with motivation. Maybe this will help!

I also want to see more pictures of that gray building. I really like the use of the pyramid pieces. The colors here are always so subdued, but they work really well together. I always struggle with what will go together and still look appropriate.

Plus I always forget to make a scene. My posts are always build only, so it isn't as eye grabbing.

Thanks for sharing.

The grey building has a less interesting facade in my opinion but if anything I was more pleased with the ground floor - most of which is hidden by the tram. I'll probably re-use some of those techniques on a bigger build in the future though!

I made an Art-Deco cinema several years ago. Different shapre but has an interior with many Art-Deco elements: https://www.flickr.com/photos/52656812@N04/albums/72157638125748846

I find a little bit of minifigure action goes along way in bringing a bit extra colour to a scene.

Cheers!

On 12/12/2019 at 5:32 PM, Gongoro73 said:

Huge fan of your MOCs. You own a unique personal style, instantly recognizable.

Congrats once again.

Thank you very much, glad you like it!

Absolutely stunning. You have such a clean style throughout all of your builds and most excellent presentation. The entire seen you've made is gorgeous and I especially like the brown and white building. Fantastic work!

On 12/14/2019 at 5:24 PM, Itsasecret581 said:

Amazing build! I particularly like the brown corner building.

Thank you, I spent quite a bit of time working on that corner!

On 12/14/2019 at 7:38 PM, LegoDW said:

The trolley is my favorite part of your moc. Great job

On 12/15/2019 at 8:30 PM, Wout said:

That cinema is brilliant. Well done!

Thank you!

On 12/16/2019 at 12:44 AM, koalayummies said:

Absolutely stunning. You have such a clean style throughout all of your builds and most excellent presentation. The entire seen you've made is gorgeous and I especially like the brown and white building. Fantastic work!

Glad you like it! :laugh:

How did you do the carved relief above the marquee on the cinema? Can we see a closeup of that section? It's beautiful, and just-so. Really great work!