Kompye

[MOC] Romanian Wagon (CFR)

On 12/8/2019 at 9:47 AM, Kompye said:

Hello! This is my first MOC and I tried recreating a model from my country's train wagon models. Do you think it looks alike at least a bit and how could I improve it?

Real: Vagon_de_dormit__4d55ae3b354c5.jpg

Lego: https://imgur.com/a/K2w9bth

Kompye's Romanian Wagon

I pasted your model above to make it easier to look them over. I like your MOC! I like short train cars that are 6 studs wide. Only changes I would make would be make the connecting doors 2-3 plates taller and maybe replace that large under carriage section with some smaller, slightly more detailed touches to better represent the original. But I would totally run that car on as is on my layout!

I'm from Romania too! It's nice to see another person from my country on this site! 

As for the MOC, it could be improved, but it's still pretty neat.

As a 6 wide and city scale render it is a good MOC. I'd add some details on the bottom of the car (the bulky and maybe too tall thing underneath doesn't fit good to the original). The door also needs to e represented in bricks, fortunately you have only one door on one side so you may have the space for it keeping the length of the original MOC. Colors and proportions of colors are good. You could also add an 1×2 modified brick with grill on the side in the light bluish gray row.

Thank you so much guys for your opinions!

16 hours ago, Thai bricks said:

Agree with everything sed6 wrote. On the 'real' HO(?) model I can't see any buffers?

I'm just getting into Lego Trains and I have only one train set that has buffers, I don't really know any other way to connect wagons :)

1 hour ago, Kompye said:

Thank you so much guys for your opinions!

I'm just getting into Lego Trains and I have only one train set that has buffers, I don't really know any other way to connect wagons :)

Doesn't matter, go with buffers. I try to make my train realistic but I also decided to use only stock trucks and buffers on all my cars. They work great, look great and provide a degree of continuity from one car to the next. 

Ok for the buffers but the light bluish gray is an expensive solution (you should consider the black colors for buffers and wheels).

I would probably invest money in a slightly longer carriage. The colors of the livery are perfect but I would raise the connection tunnels between the wagons of two plates and as Ashi says I would represent the side door.
In any case, a good MOC :thumbup:

Just now, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Ok for the buffers but the light bluish gray is an expensive solution (you should consider the black colors for buffers and wheels).

I would probably invest money in a slightly longer carriage. The colors of the livery are perfect but I would raise the connection tunnels between the wagons of two plates and as Ashi says I would represent the side door.
In any case, a good MOC :thumbup:

Thanks! But I saw on Bricklink that there was only a small price difference between the gray and the black buffers.