Bob De Quatre

[MOC] Skull ISland

Somewhere in the Caribean, where no one dare wanders, surrounded by treachous reefs, there was a giant skull laying just above the water surface. No one knows where it cames from, or who carved it... or if someone actually carved it... 
The place was reputed to be doomed and haunted, and just seeing its shape over the horizon was believed to bring bad fortune. So ships made great detours to completely avoid this part of the see.
But one dared to come to the Skull Island, he dared to step on the white surface and look into the skull's eyes... And what he saw was gold...
This was the legend of the Skull Island. The once feared giant skull is now a  prolific gold mine, and someone became the richest pirate the world ever known...

So this is a Moc I made in summer 2018 for Brick66 pirate collab. Didn't have the time to take good pictures of it before today. It was really refreshing to build it, even if I struggled to get the right parts as rocks and woods aren't what I'm used to build.

49187765836_b5cd98f7f3_c.jpgSkull Island by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

49187766181_fb2f72b9fb_c.jpgSkull Island by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

49187267768_e1227e4c58_c.jpgSkull Island by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

49187962037_74f7100911_c.jpgSkull Island by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

49187764591_52df97b0bf_c.jpgSkull Island by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

49187766966_0ba4fcec5d_c.jpgSkull Island by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

Very creative :classic: cool skull.
Great rock with all those plants and great house. Also really like that crane.

en français pour @Bob De Quatre (et Faladrin et bodi, etc)

Ca roxe du poney Bob !

Le torrent de slime est superbement fini... il fallait y penser à utiliser un pied de banshee.

Et le demi tonneau pour la grue :thumbup:

Now in english for the others :wink:

Wow, Bob ! That's top notch !

This sand green slime flood is well finished... well thought out the use of the banshee bottom part !

And this half barreled crane :thumbup:

Sorry for being late in the game and bringing this back from Davy Jones' Locker, but I was so captivated by your MOC that I had to rebuild the skull in Stud.io (in light bluish grey). As always with these rebuilds, some aspects might differ from your original and especially the back of the skull has not been cleaned up yet as it's hidden in the mountain in your version. I am seriously considering ordering the parts and combining the skull with my Barracuda Bay set.

640x360.jpg