Hinckley

Thack Desteck [Mafia Game] Signups

signup_01.jpg

Hey everyone!

I'm hoping (against hope?) to get 13 players for this game. It will be a semi-open setup with some complications. :blush: I'm hoping I've struck the right balance but, you never know until it's in motion, do you?

If you are interested in playing, please respond to this thread with the following information:

1. Are you available for the next 4 weeks (excluding December 21-27*, when the game will have to take a break for the holidays) to check in and post every 24-48 hours?
  2. What's your favorite movie/tv show/book/mythology/story, etc that takes place underwater?
  3. Do you know the freakin' difference between your and you're???? Advanced question: Do you know the freakin' difference between definitely and defiantly?

I hope I can get the amount of people I'd like for this setup. I know the holidays are a busy time but we can always compensate for people's travel/party plans. I'm really looking forward to this game so I will keep the signup thread open for a while and try to coax people in. If it has to wait until January, I would rather start it then with a good amount of people rather than reduce the roles that I have in the setup. Wish me luck.

*The ideal setup would be to start a new day on the 21st so it can run its course while I'm traveling.

1. Trekkie99
  2. jimmynick
  3. KotZ
  4. Bob
  5. Kristel
  6. Tariq J
  7. Fugazi
  8. Chromeknight
  9. Darkdragon
  10. fhomess
  11. Pandora
  12. CMP
  13. mostlytechnic

Wow that was fast. :laugh:

1. Should be available. :thumbup:

2. I liked Aquaman. I'm such a pleb.

3. Yup. Pretty sure lol.

Oh yay a Hinckley game!

1) yes

2) the legend of Karen the mermaid. I kid. It’s really Sadko. 

3) I defiantly refuse to give a definitive answer for this. 

12 hours ago, Hinckley said:

signup_01.jpg

1. Are you available for the next 4 weeks (excluding December 21-27*, when the game will have to take a break for the holidays) to check in and post every 24-48 hours?
  2. What's your favorite movie/tv show/book/mythology/story, etc that takes place underwater?
  3. Do you know the freakin' difference between your and you're???? Advanced question: Do you know the freakin' difference between definitely and defiantly?

1) I promise this time, I mean it.
2) Finding Nemo :blush:
3) What's you're problem with being so strict and wondering if we've defiantly got our grammar straight? 

1.) Yep, should be available.

2.) The Phantom Menace obviously :laugh:

3.) I defiantly think I have.

Hullo. :cry_happy:

1) Aye, though if this only starts in January I might have to bow out. I'm sort of between jobs right now with a bit more time on my hands, but it's only temporary.

2) Umm... The Shape Of Water?

3) Yore kidding me, rite?

6 minutes ago, Fugazi said:

1) Aye, though if this only starts in January I might have to bow out. I'm sort of between jobs right now with a bit more time on my hands, but it's only temporary.

2) Umm... The Shape Of Water?

3) Yore kidding me, rite?

No offense to anyone else, but Kyle yes! I'm pretty geeked out that @Fugazi is returning to EB Mafia for this game. :wub:

:wub: to all of the other signups as well. Even those whose favorite underwater story is the fucking gungan sequence from TPM. :sick:

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

1.) Yep, should be available.

2.) The Phantom Menace obviously :laugh:

3.) I defiantly think I have.

Yo @Tariq j, it's going to be an anonymous game. :snicker:

13 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

No offense to anyone else, but Kyle yes! I'm pretty geeked out that @Fugazi is returning to EB Mafia for this game. :wub: 

Mafia? Uh, sorry, I thought this was the Christmas raffle. I'll be on my way then, carry on! :tongue:

Just now, Fugazi said:

Mafia? Uh, sorry, I thought this was the Christmas raffle. I'll be on my way then, carry on! :tongue:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:look:

Wait, you're joking, right? :cry_sad:

:tongue:

Mafia? You mean those childish games with furry animals and crude jokes? I would never... :sadnew:

Just now, Fugazi said:

Mafia? You mean those childish games with furry animals and crude jokes? I would never... :sadnew:

Watch out, everyone. There may be some old-school Mafia jokes in this game not that a veteran has crawled out of med school the woodwork.

Awesome. I'm really happy with the signups so far, everyone. Feels like a reunion. :blush:

8 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Watch out, everyone. There may be some old-school Mafia jokes in this game not that a veteran has crawled out of med school the woodwork.

Nothing about sausages and pumpkins though, please. 

On 12/7/2019 at 11:28 PM, Hinckley said:

1. Well that's a question, isn't it?  Maybe?  Dec 21-27 is actually easier for me than the following week.  Put me down to fill a spot if you need it, but if you get enough, let those folks in first.

2. I'm not sure if it's my favorite, but the first thing that popped into my head was 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, so I'll go with that.

3. The real question is whether or not auto-correct knows the difference.  No one types anything themselves anymore... it's all just a series of prompts and we're along for the ride.

3 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

1. yes

2. sealab 2020

3. i'm fairly certain i know what there used four

4. i might regret this

5. why isn't anyone stopping me @Quarryman

Yay! I promise the serial killer can't be recruited by the Scum and retain their kill...and also not be Scum. :wacko:

1 minute ago, Hinckley said:

Yay! I promise the serial killer can't be recruited by the Scum and retain their kill...and also not be Scum. :wacko:

Promises before day one, now i'm suspicious!

Vote: Host (Hinckley)

Just now, Darkdragon said:

Promises before day one, now i'm suspicious!

Vote: Host (Hinckley)

That's an OMGUS vote! Vote: Darkdragon

OK, now we're doing it outside the game, even. :laugh:

On 12/8/2019 at 7:28 AM, Hinckley said:

Hey everyone!

Hey

On 12/8/2019 at 7:28 AM, Hinckley said:

If you are interested in playing, please respond to this thread with the following information:

1. No not really, but I will find time, somehow.

2. I have thalassophobia; I don't like underwater much. Finding Dory is good, mostly because of Hank the octopus. He would be my spirit animal, if I believed in that kind of bollocks.

3. Do you know what a rhetorical question is?

On 12/9/2019 at 2:47 AM, Fugazi said:

What Da Foog?? :oh: :cry_happy: