Sign in to follow this  
peedeejay

[MOC] Modular Police Station

Hey everyone. I would like to present my 11th modular building. A modular police station.

Since I wasn't sure what to build next, I asked my son what I should build and of course, the answer was: A police station! ;-)

So here it is. Outside the police station you can see Ace Brickmann trying to get new information on a lead from a police woman (or maybe her telephone number?). Inside you have a parking lot that fits 6-wide police cars and small prison cells on the ground floor. Middle floor features an interrogation room as well as a mugshot room. Top floor features offices space for detectives and the police commissionor.

3 floors this time and a less crowded facade, which - however - took quite a while since I wanted to combine SNOT tiles, 1,5 plate thick window framing and tiles that stick out with half a plate offset. In the end headlight bricks with SNOTed brackets did the trick. Most of the time however went into the roofline. I always wanted to build an overhanging roof that looks like this one here. In the end, I had to build everything upside down.

Below is a selection of images. All of them on flickr.

Statistics:
Parts: 5101
Design time: About 80h
Build time: About 8h

As always: Building instructions are available (see signature)!

49184515177_f6fd71341d_b.jpgPolice_Station_01 by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

49184312076_717861e0bb_b.jpgPolice_Station_03 by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

49183815573_fa391a9461_b.jpgPolice_Station_04 by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

49183815698_fd0d4f9ca3_b.jpgPolice_Station_06 by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

49183815903_365ae2bb43_b.jpgPolice_Station_08 by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

49183816008_9acd01b6c0_b.jpgPolice_Station_09 by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

49184516497_67e25b18dd_b.jpgPolice_Station_12 by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

49184313951_a3fbff98bf_b.jpgPolice_Station_18 by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

49184314401_93d56d1b65_b.jpgPolice_Station_21 by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

49183814948_e3885ca896_b.jpgPolice_Station_26 by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

Edited by peedeejay

Looks good, great interior too. Lot of details and of course ... donuts :classic:
I only missing a sign on the outside a bit. It looks not so 'inviting' as a police station.
For the rest, nice architecture / colors. Also like the shield/weapon on the roof with the two guns, nice one.

btw... no more pictures of the police car? Looks like cool and fast car.

Wonderful Peedeejay! You have a way with exterior facades, always an elegant blend of realistic subdued tones to achieve a sophisticated look. I really like this one. Love the snot-work to achieve detail and fraction of stud depths on the face of the structure. Fantastic and detailed interior that feels like a real city police squadroom. Most excellent work.

Stunning!

The facade looks very clean and elegant and the interior is really well designed.

The large corridors and internal spaces make it seem quite realistic, although I believe that reducing those a bit would not take away too much. I say this as I think it would fit very well with the other official modular buildings if this particular is changed to reduce a bit the piece count.

Great work (and patience)!

19 hours ago, neonic said:

Looks good, great interior too. Lot of details and of course ... donuts :classic:
I only missing a sign on the outside a bit. It looks not so 'inviting' as a police station.
For the rest, nice architecture / colors. Also like the shield/weapon on the roof with the two guns, nice one.

btw... no more pictures of the police car? Looks like cool and fast car.

Thank you!

You can get more picture of the police car in the official lego shop, since this is set number 60239. ;-) I asked my son which car he wants to place into the picture and he gave me that one. I actually tried building a car but failed miserably. I leave this part to other people like @ER0L. ;-)

17 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Wonderful Peedeejay! You have a way with exterior facades, always an elegant blend of realistic subdued tones to achieve a sophisticated look. I really like this one. Love the snot-work to achieve detail and fraction of stud depths on the face of the structure. Fantastic and detailed interior that feels like a real city police squadroom. Most excellent work.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Strakk said:

Stunning!

The facade looks very clean and elegant and the interior is really well designed.

The large corridors and internal spaces make it seem quite realistic, although I believe that reducing those a bit would not take away too much. I say this as I think it would fit very well with the other official modular buildings if this particular is changed to reduce a bit the piece count.

Great work (and patience)!

Thanks! I would need to cut down the piece count by 50%, which would be quite difficult unfortunately. :)

30 minutes ago, Berthil said:

Excellent inside and outside!

I also miss a ‘Police’ sign out the outside :)

For some reason I tend to miss outside signs. People were also asking for that with my Sushi Bar. Maybe I go with the cheap excuse that these building are under cultural heritage management and don't allow for signs to be added to them. :D Just kidding. I will keep that in mind for my next builds.

One of the better looking police stations I have seen in my pretty short out-of-the-darkness-period of my life. But still, I have seen a few =)

I think it's the period to do some good police station MOC ;)

I really like the melt of colors used

Very good interiors to

Nice job Peedeejay

Looks great. The colors work really well together. Is that sand blue?

I think the flowers pop out front. I agree a sign to signify it is a Police HQ would be good, but I'm guessing people can figure it out based on the clientele/staff that comes and goes.

Plus, you add in those lovely interior details. That is a lot of fun making interiors, but since I rarely look inside of it, I stopped doing them. Maybe on one of the next buildings I will add it in.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!. Yes it's mainly using Sand Blue, which proved to be a challenge for the interiors, because some parts (especially SNOT parts) do not exist in Sand Blue. I don't like using other colors which then stick out like a sore thumb when looking at the building from outside. I'm glad LEGO finally brought back 1x2 bricks in Sand Blue with Assembly Square.

I have to admit (again), that building interiors is the least fun for me. I'm always happy when I'm done with it, so I can start working on the next facade (which I enjoy most). ;-)

I like the incorporation of a car port and the main entrance door is quite imposing and well done. I really like the busy-ness feel on the inside with the desks and clutter. Blue being an appropriate choice of colour for the facade. Great job!

On 12/8/2019 at 8:28 PM, peedeejay said:

You can get more picture of the police car in the official lego shop, since this is set number 60239. ;-) I asked my son which car he wants to place into the picture and he gave me that one. I actually tried building a car but failed miserably. I leave this part to other people like @ER0L. ;-)

@peedeejay Thanks for the mention. Yeah, I guess police vehicles are quite important in a Lego city - also because they are (often, not always, alas) where the action is. You might want to take a look at the Dodge Charger from SharpShot which I guess might fit in very nicely here, also because it's got a kind of Town-ish approach, whereas I would probably have something larger in mind. 

Great Police Station btw., I had already seen it on Flickr. I especially love the atmosphere of the interior which for whatever reason reminds me of "The Wire". I also like the exterior - this is "moccing in modular style" at its best (would fit smoothly in any modular street), and there's some really nice stuff going on. 

There are a fair few modular police stations round the web but this is my favorite. Simple but slick. 

Dunno about guns on the heraldry  outside, seems a bit police state! There are lots of cool printed shields that might look good.

On 12/14/2019 at 1:57 PM, snaillad said:

I like the incorporation of a car port and the main entrance door is quite imposing and well done. I really like the busy-ness feel on the inside with the desks and clutter. Blue being an appropriate choice of colour for the facade. Great job!

On 12/15/2019 at 9:42 PM, Wout said:

It looks very nice.

The inside is lovely too.

On 12/24/2019 at 3:32 PM, Merlict said:

There are a fair few modular police stations round the web but this is my favorite. Simple but slick. 

Dunno about guns on the heraldry  outside, seems a bit police state! There are lots of cool printed shields that might look good.

Thanks everyone!

On 12/22/2019 at 9:36 PM, ER0L said:

@peedeejay Thanks for the mention. Yeah, I guess police vehicles are quite important in a Lego city - also because they are (often, not always, alas) where the action is. You might want to take a look at the Dodge Charger from SharpShot which I guess might fit in very nicely here, also because it's got a kind of Town-ish approach, whereas I would probably have something larger in mind. 

Great Police Station btw., I had already seen it on Flickr. I especially love the atmosphere of the interior which for whatever reason reminds me of "The Wire". I also like the exterior - this is "moccing in modular style" at its best (would fit smoothly in any modular street), and there's some really nice stuff going on. 

Thanks! The Charger looks great and that was actually a car I tried to built. :D

Regarding "The Wire": It's funny that you mention it because I just recently watched the series for the first time and was blown away. Perfect series. I was actually watching it during the same timeframe that I was designing the polce station. Maybe it had an indirect impact on my design. :)