Sign in to follow this  
Kompye

Bricklink stud.io pieces confuse me

Hello! I recently switched from LDD to stud.io and I saw different parts ending with "a", "b" or "c" and I don't really understand the difference. For example I need piece #3245 and there are more versions of it...

Also, why are panels so expensive? 6 dollars for a piece woah

Hi a, b, and c designations are there to indicate variations of a part that LDD didn't address but can sometimes be important in a MOC.  Here's the differences in part 3245 that you mentioned:

3245.jpg

So that may not matter to your build, and in that case you can purchase any of the different part variants just based on cost or availability.

As for panels being expensive, that's all supply and demand!  The market is the market...

1 hour ago, deraven said:

Hi a, b, and c designations are there to indicate variations of a part that LDD didn't address but can sometimes be important in a MOC.  Here's the differences in part 3245 that you mentioned:

3245.jpg

So that may not matter to your build, and in that case you can purchase any of the different part variants just based on cost or availability.

As for panels being expensive, that's all supply and demand!  The market is the market...

1 hour ago, splatman said:

Part 3254c appears to be made such that it can be centered on a stud.

Thank you! Could you also tell me the difference between the two versions of glass panels please? (solid and hollow)

Edited by Kompye