KotZ

MAfia - Conclusion - Reading Rainbow

img_3992.jpg
Autumn was thrown from a building as part of her being voted out of the group. She fell to the ground, following the path a rainbow would take. Unfortunately for Autumn, there was no man with laser glasses to catch her.

img_3993.jpg
It was a quiet night. When the town awoke, they went to see the news.

"God. Where is Kyle?" Karen asked into the void. "He's late to the party. I always knew Chad was the better son."

"Well," Molly started, "I looked into Autumn's pockets after she was thrown off the roof, and found she was part of the Knitting Club."

"So what does that mean?" Kendall asked.

"It means we won!" Adam shouted.

"Yup," Molly said. "Now we can go wait for the new bookstore that opoens next month."

"A month??" Miranda repeated.

Congratulations to the Bookclub (Town)! Specifically to survivors Adam (jimmynick), Miranda (darkdragon), Kendall (trekkie99) and even Karen (Hinckley).

A big thank you to everyone for playing. I'm sorry the conclusion was posted late. The dead board below.

https://123.writeboard.com/bkntv61plt8lfc2ndlrray1l
PW: readingrainbow

Players

kendallkane.png Kendall Kane (Trekkie99)

adamstewart.png Adam Stewart (jimmynick)

karenmcmillan.png Karen McMillan (Hinckley)

mirandabeal.png Miranda Beal (darkdragon)

Dead Reader's Society

beckycarroll.png Becky Carroll (Bob) - Book Club (Town)

robertstewart.png Robert Stewart (jackjonespaw) - Book Club (Town)

chelseacaron.png Chelsea Caron (Kristel) - Book Club (Town)

autumnmartin.png Autumn Martin (fhomess) - Knitters (Scum)

It's not really a knitting club if there was only of them.

Damn! Great game, fhomess. If it wasn't for the investigation result, I think you would've cruised through to victory.

I still think Darkdragon is Scum. :laugh:

Thanks, KotZ, for hosting. I would like to host next. Please sign up so I can torture you with a role assigment for making us wait for the conclusion for so long. :snicker: Seriously :hmpf_bad:

:tongue:

Seriously, Trekkie and jimmy, I thought you were both Scum when I saw that it was the conclusion. A moment of rage filled me, then passed. :wub:

Just now, Hinckley said:

Thanks, KotZ, for hosting. I would like to host next. Please sign up so I can torture you with a role assigment for making us wait for the conclusion for so long. :snicker: Seriously :hmpf_bad:

I can never tell if you are actually mad at me or not:laugh:.

20 minutes ago, KotZ said:

I can never tell if you are actually mad at me or not:laugh:.

Don't worry. I can't either. :tongue:

Wow, I'm glad the dead board didn't get a vote. I'd be dead. I really am diabolical! :devil: Wait, I was Town. :look:

Just in case anybody wants to experience the madness, these were the in-game thoughts I sent to KotZ:

On 11/24/2019 at 11:51 AM, Hinckley said:

I knew voting was mandatory, just lost track of time. I was waiting for Trekkie to explain himself and then had to drive to St. Louis.

Trekkie's claim is weird. Trekkie is weird. I think I want to target Trekkie but I can't imagine why he would want to claim to protect himself from a watcher if that claim would also attract the blocker. Really weird. Really really really weird. Really really really Trekkie.

So, I want to target more for my block ability than protection. In a game this small I was considering I had the only Town role. I'm thinking out loud just so you know more about the game. I love when players do this when I host... Anyway, I'm considering targeting either Trekkie or Bob. I think Trekkie is just weird enough that the claim might be true but if we all have roles, why would the visitor be used? Bob just hasn't done anything and I don't like when people fly under the radar.

Honestly, I didn't realize Trekkie was role-claiming in his first three posts. I thought he was rambling about being a pervert. I have the habit of lightly skimming the first posts on the first day because I assume it's all fluff roleplaying.

Damn it, what to do?

I guess I have time but I'm out of town so I'll put in a temporary Jailkeep: Kendall (Trekkie99)

If I can get more out of Bob or Trekkie via PM, I may change my target.

On 11/24/2019 at 9:58 PM, Hinckley said:

Ok, Holy freakin' Kyle. I contacted Bob and Trekkie, they both claimed visitor and they're both targeting me.

What the actual Kyle here?

Just thinking out loud. I'm considering if there's a better player to target now...

Damn it! 20 hours into the night phase, Night Actions are due??

Crap. Can I have 30 minutes please?

If I have the time remaining I would like to un-Jailkeep: Kendall (Trekkie99) and Jailkeep Robert Stewart (JackJonespaw)

Kristel also seems to agree there might be several visitors, judging by her post.

Darkdragon, jimmynick and JackJonespaw all seem to be unaware of the possibility of there being several visitors, judging by their reactions to Trekkie's claims.

Please please tell me I got the action in on time?! :cry_happy:

On 11/27/2019 at 10:18 PM, Hinckley said:

You're welcome!

Just in case I forget I'm playing a game again, I will Jailkeep: Miranda Beal (Darkdragon) tonight.

Thinking out loud for the host:

What a course this game has taken with Trekkie roleclaiming with Day One-Post One! I thought Kristel was clearly also a visitor, based on her response to Trekkie's roleclaim, so I contacted her. I didn't think Kristel was subtle. But neither Trekkie nor Bob noticed. :wacko: I thought jimmynick seemed like he accepted Trekkie's roleclaim too so I contacted him and told him Bob was a visitor and another person has also claimed visitor. He was surprised and I immediately started kicking myself for revealing too much for him so then I uselessly started being very guarded with him. As the day progressed he revealed he trusted Kristel, for a reason. He may have thought this was subtle, but it was only as subtle as a jackhammer. That "for a reason" immediately clued me into the fact that he was the investigator and he had investigated Kristel. Eventually, we all let our guards down and now have a Town PM going with Kristel, jimmynick and me. Jack and Darkdragon are both behaving in very Scummy ways. The only wild card is fhomess...who is clearly the serial killer. :snicker:

And they would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for us meddling kids! Kyle! Chad!

On 12/2/2019 at 3:47 PM, Hinckley said:

More thoughts:

I feel really dumb and terribly confused now. Is Darkdragon or Trekkie a Scum visitor? Or both? Is jimmy Scum and only giving me fake investigation results? He says he got a Scum result on fhomess. Damn, that would be an amazing Scum game if that were true. He definitely would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for us meddling kids. But, is that it then? Is it fhomess and Darkdragon?

Yesterday's bloated ego and misplaced confidence have turned into a deflated balloon of WTK is going on? This seems like townie Darkdragon if you discount all the Scummy contradicting statements. But how would she know to claim visitor if she isn't one? Did she infer from Kristel's post? Wouldn't she have noticed that if all three of them were visitors? And if jimmy is Scum why would Kristel have been killed? I'm the one with the role and he knows it. What would the difference end up for him if I was dead and he still had Kristel to work with? Why would the Scum kill a visitor if they knew of a PR? Trekkie is so hard to read. What if he is a Scum visitor and decided to claim with his first post in case he was caught, just like Darkdragon said. :wacko: Fhomess doesn't seem Scummy!!! Am I Scum??? I don't know anything anymore.

By the way, I was the Jailkeeper. We had Trekkie blab that I was the investigator so Darkdragon would kill me instead of Jimmy. :laugh:

Well I guess I owe you an apology @Hinckley but I know I wasn't the only one thinking it. Jimmy seemed positive you were town though, so loyal :)

I'm also floored that there really was only one scum. Good job staying alive so long @fhomess

20 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

Well I guess I owe you an apology @Hinckley but I know I wasn't the only one thinking it. Jimmy seemed positive you were town though, so loyal :)

I'm also floored that there really was only one scum. Good job staying alive so long @fhomess

Well, I should too, honestly. We're good at metagaming each other. Look how many times I wrote "This is Town play for Darkdragon" then rambled off a list trying to convince myself you were Scum anyway. Well, the past can be hard to shed but I hope you know I love ya! :wub:

Speaking of which, the paranoia between @jimmynick, @Trekkie99 and me in our group PM was hilarious too.

Though I'm glad we came out of this with a town win, I can't help but feel sorry for fhomess. As Hinck said, it's not much of a club if there's only one scum.

I have been incredibly paranoid for about a week and I'm happy this is over :laugh:.

And @Hinckley and @Trekkie99, this is why I said we had to focus on Autumn over Miranda: there was always a possibility there was only one scum, and you both seemed to lose sight of that.

1 hour ago, Hinckley said:

Well, I should too, honestly. We're good at metagaming each other. Look how many times I wrote "This is Town play for Darkdragon" then rambled off a list trying to convince myself you were Scum anyway. Well, the past can be hard to shed but I hope you know I love ya! :wub:

Speaking of which, the paranoia between @jimmynick, @Trekkie99 and me in our group PM was hilarious too.

I take it as a compliment that town-hinck doesn't trust me :laugh:

3 hours ago, KotZ said:

karenmcmillan.png Karen McMillan (Hinckley) - Somehow not scum

Huh????

I thought for sure you ordered the hit on me after you found out that I had selected you to visit that night. Anyway, sorry that I couldn't partake as much as I would have liked to on Day One before being killed. Things have quieted down at work as I've gotten into it. After your game, Hinckley, I might be able to finally host. 

Edited by Bob

Yay! 

Honestly one of the funnest games I've played with how much it had me racking my brain.

2 hours ago, Hinckley said:

:laugh: Yeah.

Do you all see why I want to play anonymously so badly?

How about we run a meta Hinck mafia with anonymous characters, and everyone is a character Hinck has played in the past.

9 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Lol everyone in the deadboard was so convinced you were scum.

Guess if I got burned a couple times I'd question it more.

16 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

How about we run a meta Hinck mafia with anonymous characters, and everyone is a character Hinck has played in the past.

Mafia - Hinckley Family Reunion

Thanks for hosting, KotZ!

I really thought there was another scum out there and that we just weren't connected.  In part because I had to eliminate all but one townie to win.  I had a night kill and a 1-shot PGO that I obviously should've used on Night 2.  Next time I'm scum, I'll just kill Hinckley on night 1.  :devil:

As I told you in PM, I was a bit distracted due to my mother-in-law passing away early in the game, so I couldn't be quite as attentive as I probably needed to be.  In some ways, maybe that helped me a bit since I made some unorthodox decisions.  Good job to the town on coming together and systematically working through the possibilities.  I'm glad to hear that the investigation result was real... I was wondering if perhaps it was just a complete fabrication to see how I'd react and I didn't have the mental wherewithal to figure out how to do that.

3 hours ago, jimmynick said:

And @Hinckley and @Trekkie99, this is why I said we had to focus on Autumn over Miranda: there was always a possibility there was only one scum, and you both seemed to lose sight of that.

Maybe it seemed that way, but I think we proposed lynching Darkdragon and blocking fhomess in 2 posts out of our 4 page PM convo. And that was just so I could block Scum as I couldn't block Darkdragon two nights in a row.

1 hour ago, fhomess said:

I was a bit distracted due to my mother-in-law passing away

I'm so sorry to hear that. 

I was a bit curious if this was your scum play or if you were preoccupied with RL.

2 hours ago, fhomess said:

As I told you in PM, I was a bit distracted due to my mother-in-law passing away early in the game,

Kudos to you for not dropping out. Sorry for your loss. Love to your family.

Let me also share my condolences. Thanks for staying in the game, and I'm sorry you didn't have a partner.

3 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I'll grant your wish and change TNG Mafia to be anonymous. 

3 hours ago, fhomess said:

I was a bit distracted due to my mother-in-law passing away early in the game, so I couldn't be quite as attentive as I probably needed to be.  

Greatest of sympathies, and greatest of respects for sticking with the game.

5 hours ago, fhomess said:

I was a bit distracted due to my mother-in-law passing away early in the game, so I couldn't be quite as attentive as I probably needed to be. 

Sorry for your loss.

5 hours ago, fhomess said:

Next time I'm scum, I'll just kill Hinckley on night 1.  :devil:

I think we need to make this standard practice to save everyone the stress of trying to figure out what side he's on.

@KotZ, thanks for hosting.  What was the logic behind only one scum?

53 minutes ago, Kristel said:

I think we need to make this standard practice to save everyone the stress of trying to figure out what side he's on.

My favorite comment from the writeboard was when you said "Careful what you wish for." :snicker:

I was really trying to channel my inner-Chelsea and not double guess myself. Sorry you had to be the recipient of all the double guessing for a few days. I guess fhomess performed a mercy killing. :blush:

4 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

My favorite comment from the writeboard was when you said "Careful what you wish for." :snicker:

I was really trying to channel my inner-Chelsea and not double guess myself. Sorry you had to be the recipient of all the double guessing for a few days. I guess fhomess performed a mercy killing. :blush:

No apology required.  Just between you and me, I don't mind being the recipient of your ramblings! :wub:

1 hour ago, Kristel said:

No apology required.  Just between you and me, I don't mind being the recipient of your ramblings! :wub:

It was beneficial to have someone who knows me IRL in the town block to stop me from my worst impulses. :laugh:

:blush:

Thanks for the kind words all.  

7 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

I was a bit curious if this was your scum play or if you were preoccupied with RL.

Who knows?  Not me!  I'm generally not very good at being scum, I don't think.  Still fun, though.

The logic behind one scum was because originally I was hoping for ten players, and this setup called for two scum originally. When I didn’t get the original target of players, I was worried two scum would be OP. If I ran this setup again with the same amount, I would have kept two scum. Sorry fhomess!