leafan

Creator Expert 10270 Modular

I just built it and yes there are some flaws but still great.  The side of the wall of the apartment is a let down with the fireplace bricks showing but it's ok, it's common in the series.  I really like some of the exterior designs although it took be ages to align every thing.  Overall, I like it.  One last thing, can LEGO releases the same printed tiles for other numbers instead of just 107?  would love to build a street of a similar apartment!  Oh poor minifigures that will need to find toilets in case of need =P  

I've upgraded the Lego 10270 and made it more "Dutch" (the 3th floor higher) and I added a balcony at the blue building at the extra floor.

Result:

540.jpg

540.jpg

Not bad, but for my taste the "dutch extra" is a bit too tall. I would try 2x3 instead of 2x4 windows.
I like the changes you made next to the white windows: The 1 nougat brick at the sides really grades the building up. :thumbup:

The house is okay.  The best thing I can say about the Birch Books modification is that it’s ‘odd’.  It just looks terribly awkward. 

On 3/17/2020 at 7:07 PM, Holodoc said:

Not bad, but for my taste the "dutch extra" is a bit too tall. I would try 2x3 instead of 2x4 windows.
I like the changes you made next to the white windows: The 1 nougat brick at the sides really grades the building up. :thumbup:

Is this better? (changed the 2x4 to 2x3 windows)

540.jpg

Edited by SvandeW

10 hours ago, SvandeW said:

Still a bit odd in that the window appears higher that the roof line, but would need to see different angles.

Not a criticism, just an observation.

On 3/20/2020 at 9:26 AM, SvandeW said:

That's a definite YES! :thumbup::laugh:
I wouldn't care about the different heights of the roofs in your street, the PR is 'out of height' as well. And if you had the FB in your street, it would also stuck out. :wink:

Well, since I don’t particularly care for the original Lego design, I’m probably not going to like an XL version.  Think about a horizontal expansion of some of your buildings rather than just a vertical one. 

Does anybody know if this set will be available in Germany for example at Galeria from 1st april? Or when will it lose exclusivity and being distributed from shops other than Lego itself.