The Brick Boss

MOC City Pizza Restaurant

So....I recently began using Lego Digital Designer again! I see that we have a special forum for LDD. But I think this is more fitted for the topic of Town much better. So here is my MOC Pizzeria. No its not a physical creation, but its still my own creation. My encouragement to other town planners is that even if you make something on LDD from scratch, you're still MOCing. Though I can't really give entire credit to my mind because I actually used influence from the shops that have been released in City throughout the years.

I actually plan to acquire the bricks to build this. The middle wall piece on the front top is where the City Pizza logo is supposed to go. The grey pieces on the inside are going to be a cash register and some of the grey flat tiles are actually gadgets. So without further to do, feel free to talk about it in the forum. 

latest?cb=20191210142113

Edited by pooda

Looks like a good start to me! (Though I would suggest turning the cash register around 180 degrees, as it currently faces the customers, making it easier for crooks to rob!)

Just now, Murdoch17 said:

Looks like a good start to me! (Though I would suggest turning the cash register around 180 degrees, as it currently faces the customers, making it easier for crooks to rob!)

Oh crap! I didn't even realize that. Thanks for catching that. I meant to turn it towards the cashier bay. 

Nice start, a simple little building to help get you going is not a bad jumping off point. Plus, you can always add to or change things a lot easier down the road. That’s pretty much what I did. 

Just now, Vindicare said:

Nice start, a simple little building to help get you going is not a bad jumping off point. Plus, you can always add to or change things a lot easier down the road. That’s pretty much what I did. 

Oh. So you outline your MOCs on LDD too?

9 minutes ago, Collector245 said:

Looks cool! Maybe you should consider adding places for people to sit while eating.

I actually plan to do that soon. I'll post an update on it when I get to that. 

Just now, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

I'm curious to see what happens next :thumbup:

Well I also have a Bus Terminal coming up. 

2 hours ago, pooda said:

Oh. So you outline your MOCs on LDD too?

No, I played around with it years ago, but nothing since. My idea was just in my head & built & tinkered with as I get pieces for it. It started with a clever window build I saw awhile back & I just went from there. 

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

No, I played around with it years ago, but nothing since. My idea was just in my head & built & tinkered with as I get pieces for it. It started with a clever window build I saw awhile back & I just went from there. 

Cool 

You've got a start! I really like how simple the pizza oven is, and it's still instantly recognizable. I would suggest adding a pizza sign out front though. Nice start.

5 hours ago, KotZ said:

You've got a start! I really like how simple the pizza oven is, and it's still instantly recognizable. I would suggest adding a pizza sign out front though. Nice start.

Thank you! Now if only they had stickers on the program, I put it where everyone could see it. 

Looks sweet. Very realistic, not the usual over0done LEGO places xD. Maybe a table and chair out front? Or a vending machine

3 hours ago, pooda said:

Thank you! Now if only they had stickers on the program, I put it where everyone could see it. 

the LDD Extended mode has a variety of decals you can use, I think a pizza is in there.

So here is an update on the pizzeria MOC. I added a little dining area where people can sit and I also added a fence around the front. 

latest?cb=20191206152527

Edited by pooda

You're initial MOC looked similar to the Toys R Us building in set 7848. And while a lot of buildings have a similar shape they can definitely stand out. The update you posted shows that as it adds much needed character to further define its purpose. I like where you are going with it and look forward to seeing what you do next!

@fordtruckin Why thank you! I really appreciate that. I actually based the colors and all off of the 60150 Pizza Van set. When all said and done, you really are a good bloke dude. You do care a lot about the theme like I do and make a lot of your views according to the reality of the way Lego does their City sets. I personally don't think we'll ever see another pizzeria in City (I think 60150 is as far as we'll get) unless we see one in this year's (2020) town plan set. 

Edited by pooda