Holodoc

Eurobricks event 2020 Billund sign up topic

Steven, Martijn & Danny will also come along to the EBĀ event with me. They all came before to EB events.

On 12/4/2019 at 8:29 AM, Calanon said:

Provisional yes - will be definite yes when I have confirmed annual leave from work.

It is now a definite yes!

We hope to be able to come, but we can't say for definite yet. We're working on it.

8 hours ago, Pandora said:

We hope to be able to come, but we can't say for definite yet. We're working on it.

Really hope you can make it!Ā :wub:

Hello everybody,

I will be there too, with maybe my wife this time but that's not sure.

I'm very excited and impatient to spend a good time after some bad personals events in the last months.

See you soon.

Julien.

Hi All,

It's now mid-Jan and I'm after official confirmation as to how definite the dates are so I can think about booking flights and also time off work.

I don't want to go spending ~Ā£200 on flights only to find the dates have shifted but also I don't want to leave it too long before all my flight options go.

Thanks

Seasider/Ian

As far as I know these are the final dates.

Ā 

On 1/5/2020 at 4:19 PM, Bonaparte said:

Steven, Martijn & Dannyļ»æ will also come along to the EBĀ event with me. They all came before to EB events.

Is there still room for another eventee on your way to Denmark? :blush:

On 1/8/2020 at 3:06 PM, Pandora said:

Wohoo! Fingers crossed on this one! I really hope you can make it! :wub:

Especially (but not exclusively) for all those who are first time eventees: Please check the brand new accomodation and information topic!

Iā€™m officially pulling out of this trip. Itā€™s a lot of money for me and the TLG involvement that if heard about in past Billund trips was the big sell for me. Also Iā€™d been there 2 years ago on my own so I feel itā€™s too soon to go back to house and land. So perhaps another year

So Japan got cancelled, and I have not seen anything about any cancelation here, so I'll join :)Ā 

Incredibly optimistic! :laugh::thumbup:

As much as I appreciate such commitment, I don't think our event will really take place at this time. :look:Ā 
We can cancel our accomodation until 6th of May. By this time we have to know for sure if journeys will be allowed again. I wouldn't bet on it right now, but there's still 5 weeks to go.

It is also all dependent on travel restrictions from country to country.... Some might not let us out, others might not want you back in!

11 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

Who said we couldn't have our version of the event on here?Ā :classic:

It's what Peppy said above: Denmark might not let us in, or our own countries might not let us out. :def_shrug:

Or our countries will put us in quarantine when we enter back again. (On the other hand this would result in another 14 day free holidays...) :devil_laugh:

2 hours ago, Holodoc said:

It's what Peppy said above: Denmark might not let us in, or our own countries might not let us out. :def_shrug:

Or our countries will put us in quarantine when we enter back again. (On the other hand this would result in another 14 day free holidays...) :devil_laugh:

I think he meant online!

Per 6th of April 8pm local Danish time, the following restrictions is:Ā 
- Border's closed until at least 10th of May.Ā 

- Bigger event's are a no go until end of August.Ā 

- Events with a total of 10 persons is not allowed until at least 10th of May.Ā 

Edited by eiker86

Based on what I read in the press it's very unlikely the event can happen as plannedĀ :sad:

Yes I think so, too. :look:
Why not shift it to August/September?Ā 

It is questionable whether there will be no more restrictions until then.

Moreover, inĀ September the Skaerbaek Fan Weekend is planned anyway, if they don't cancel it.Ā 
I don'tĀ really want to make two trips to Denmark in the same month.

It may be that I am a bit too pessimistic - Holodoc should be able toĀ judge things better by profession.
But I don't think that an event can take place this year.

Skaerbaek (if it's not cancelled, I fear it may well be) rules out september for me as well. I guess I'm somewhat pessimistic too...Ā maybe pushing the event untilĀ next year is the moreĀ realistic option.

I don't mind postponing to late August/September. I want to be at home since my boy has a first day of school on September first.

Other than that, I have events planned for October, November and December, if the dates will hold. I'm not sure about September, if there will be Bricking Bavaria which I thought to attend.

For sure with travel banned, going abroad might be a challenge in June.

late august, and early septemberĀ is fine for me currently. My only full weekends in the second half of the year are the smaller brickworld dates. If we decide on dates before the end of may, I can even just move my flight around to it :)

I hope everyone is ok during this time period. I know the chaos is getting to me a bit.