Sign in to follow this  
Captain Pirate Man

My pirates/medieval collection

What a lovely collection you have, Mikey! I've seen a few of your older videos before, but your current arrangement is extremely impressive! You have many wonderful modifications and custom elements that definitely makes everything so unique. Thanks for showing us your beautiful collection! :pir_laugh2:

Also, the Saint Mary is a very nice looking ship. Excellent job on that!

11 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

You're welcome!  As for you layout...

What do you mean you've removed the green faction aka mighty Imperial Armada?

How could this be! :pir-oh3:

Lack of room tbh, as well as it being more difficult to acquire minifigs to fill out the army/navy. I currently have 6 or so, plus a few that I've brick linked together. But that PALES in comparison to the amount of red and blues that I have. I entered my Dark Age around 1994-2012, so I completely missed out on the Green Coats. While I had a pretty large collection of reds and blues when I got back into Lego. 

Every faction HAS to have a castle/home base in my layout. Which my original green castle was Helm's Deep, but I have since made a LOTR display, so the greens lost their castle. 

Another reason was the IFS just plain looks better as a Blue Coat flagship imo. So giving them the IFS, and making my Saint Mary my Red Coat flagship just seemed a viable solution. So even though The Saint Mary was intended to be a green coat ship, they had to lose that as well.

So when I added all these reasons up, the green coats just had to go unfortunately. Perhaps someday things will change (that's the beauty of Lego ?). At this point, that would probably only happen is if these 2020 Pirate set rumors are true, and the Green Coats are featured. So I guess we shall have to wait and see. You are making me feel bad for them, lol.

11 hours ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

What a lovely collection you have, Mikey! I've seen a few of your older videos before, but your current arrangement is extremely impressive! You have many wonderful modifications and custom elements that definitely makes everything so unique. Thanks for showing us your beautiful collection! :pir_laugh2:

Also, the Saint Mary is a very nice looking ship. Excellent job on that!

Thank you. 

I hate to say it, but for the last 2 years or so, my Pirate/Medieval layout has gotten the short end of the stick. I was never satisfied with how things looked or how they were placed, etc. I also had some MAJOR lighting issues in my basement, and they were in the "dark" part, so they kinda got ignored. So we spent a lot more time on my Lego City, which was fun and what not. But truth be told Lego City's are pretty common. But Pirate layouts on the other hand... So when we got the lighting fixed, I made it a priority to give them proper attention. 

Which even since this video I have made 2 more MOCS as well as updated The Saint Mary Which I will have videos for all of this in the near future (I'll be sure to post them on here). One of them is a SUPER Soldiers Fort inspired by the 2009 set. 

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

4 hours ago, pantelis said:

Wowwww very nice.. So many lovely old sets and i think you will make a great display!! 

Thank you.

Yes, I LOVE the classic Lego Pirate sets. They are my absolute favorite sets Lego ever made. 

18 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

Lack of room tbh

I know of this problem all too well...  I'm at a point at which I don't think I can fit anything else in...  boxed or otherwise.  This will be quite troubling in an entire wave of pirate sets were to be released.

18 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

At this point, that would probably only happen is if these 2020 Pirate set rumors are true, and the Green Coats are featured.

What rumours?  Tell us everything you know! :pir-skel:

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Tell us everything you know! :pir-skel:

Yes! Tell us all your secrets! :devil::ugh:

21 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

Lack of room tbh

Haha, plenty of us are in the same boat! Like Phes, I am completely out of space and a new wave would be killer. At one point and I even had to put the barracuda on top of my falcon! :wacko: 

Also, no worries with removing the all powerful greencoats. We all know you just removed them because they are superior in all ways to those filthy corries and oleand-... I mean, redcoats and bluecoats! 

i'm not biased! i swear... :look:

4 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

I know of this problem all too well...  I'm at a point at which I don't think I can fit anything else in...  boxed or otherwise.  This will be quite troubling in an entire wave of pirate sets were to be released.

What rumours?  Tell us everything you know! :pir-skel:

I HOPE we see an entire wave of sets, I'll find room in my display to make them happen (especially if they are red or blues). Greens I would have to do some reconfiguring,  but that's ok. Heck I even hope for 2 more ships (Pirate and Soldiers). Even though the ships are harder to find sufficient room for in the display, I'm at the point that "lesser" vessels just get retired aka given to my son to play with. Or if that doesnt seem plausible, I'll just make a shipwreck island or something similar out of one. 

So I for one WELCOME a full wave of 2 large sets (pirate and soldiers), 2 ships (same), and plenty of smaller sets.

As for rumors... Only what I've heard on this forum, sorry to get your hope's up.

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

9 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

As for rumors... Only what I've heard on this forum, sorry to get your hope's up.

Awwwwwww damn!

The way you phrased "if these 2020 Pirate set rumors are true, and the Green Coats are featured" it somewhat seemed you were implying you'd heard rumours about the green coats being featured.  But perhaps I was undermining the use of the comma.