KotZ

MAfia - Day 3 - You Can't do Anything

day3.png
Chelsea was walking to the ATM with her boombox. "I just need some cash to buy some merch at the Saylor Twift concert tonight. She's my fav. I think $100 studs will be enough. Then I can buy a shirt and a CD! She say's I can do anything, just like her song Brick Them Off!"

day3b.png
"You can't do anything," a voice said behind her.
"It's you! It's the masked figure! Can you sing?"
"With an ice cream cone in my hand?" the figure replied. "I can't give away hints."
"Well what flavor is it?"

day3c.png
"ABS." And then the masked figure beat Chelsea down.

day3d.png
The next day was the next book club meeting, and Molly quickly informed everyone.
"Well, Robert my not-hubby-but-wish-he-was was voted off last night and after searching through his golf bag, we found he was Book Club (Town)."
There was a collective groan.
"AND there was a murder. It was Chelsea. She was going to a concert, dear lord it wasn't even Medium Stone Grey 5, what a tween." Molly pulled out her notes and continued, "anyway I found Chelsea was also Book Club (Town). You people need to hurry it up. Now, this week is free week for books. Pick whatever you want. But I swear to brick if any of you pick Bless the Bricks and Children or The Bricksiders I will string you up myself."

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Book Club (Town) or the Knitting Club (Scum). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town. Third-party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player.  Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player).  No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. Failure to vote will incur a 2-vote penalty the following game day.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached after 72 hours. After the day has been concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 20 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the "Off-hour"/night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next "Hour"/day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host, or in PM with any other players. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread. 

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of any of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty for the first offence, and death on your second offence.

12. There are no hints or clues in the day/night images.

Players

kendallkane.png Kendall Kane (Trekkie99)

autumnmartin.png Autumn Martin (fhomess)

adamstewart.png Adam Stewart (jimmynick)

karenmcmillan.png Karen McMillan (Hinckley)

mirandabeal.png Miranda Beal (darkdragon)

Dead Reader's Society

beckycarroll.png Becky Carroll (Bob) - Book Club (Town)

robertstewart.png Robert Stewart (jackjonespaw) - Book Club (Town)

chelseacaron.png Chelsea Caron (Kristel) - Book Club (Town)

How the actual Kyle was Robert a member of the book club? :facepalm:

I was so convinced with what his mindset on Kendall seemed like. This absolutely blows my mind. And another murder in the night. I really thought we were onto the Knitters with Robert and Miranda. Confidence blown, I need to go back to the drawing board.

By process of elimination, I suppose most of my suspicion right now falls on Autumn.

I think we should take a moment to honor poor Chelsea. Killed with an ice cream cone? How does that even work. Are we sure she's dead? Maybe just slightly bruised and very sticky somewhere. But she was a good kid and fun to talk to. I think she liked Chad. I caught her visiting him at night from time to time. I really think she was the right type of girl to make a better man out of him. He was going to ask her to the Saylor Swift concert. She wasn't a Taylor Swift fan but she just loved her evil twin Saylor Swift. But, mostly, it was just so much fun to chat with her about the conflict between us book club members and the knitting bitches. I will truly, truly, truly miss her. And if she's in the afterlife cursing herself for trusting me and wondering if I killed her, I would just like to say, "Fuck no, I did not. This sucks. I was having a lot of fun chatting with you. I've never been anything but honest with you...in this game...of life." Just in case she's listening. Her spirit, I mean. Or from her hospital bed where I hope they're bathing the ice cream off of her. Or on a dead writeboard, whatever that means.

Losing two of us is a huge blow... I thought we were on the knitters' trail with Robert. Sorry daddy. Gotta figure out who the knitters are before they needle us in the backs.

10 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

Losing two of us is a huge blow... I thought we were on the knitters' trail with Robert. Sorry daddy. Gotta figure out who the knitters are before they needle us in the backs.

8 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

Ooh. BTW. It's game over if we don't get this right today.

For what it's worth, I think we're the Book Club and those other two are the Knitters.

1 hour ago, Hinckley said:

For what it's worth, I think we're the Book Club and those other two are the Knitters.

Hmm...yes. 

Autumn did do an excellent job at steering us off of Miranda and onto Robert.

Let's be honest, though. So did I. :facepalm: I actually cringe at thinking how I went off for 3 or 4 posts about Robert clearly slipping up. I even thought I should lay off because slipping up in lying is an indication that he's actually a very honest person. Turns out he just had holiday-brain, I suppose. I still don't feel good about it. It seemed like a solid read at the time.

18 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

@Darkdragon & @fhomess very much like to hear from you guys.

Shhhhhh...they're sleepy from murdering. Let them get their rest.

That was an amazing bandwagon you formed, karen. I am surprised at how easily you got everyone to jump on poor Robert. Kept me around as the sacrificial lamb today?

I never believed Kendall's initial role claim for one reason - that's the role I have and I didn't think there's more than one of the same role.  Now I wonder if everyone has a visitor role at the very least.    

I tried to visit Becky on the first night and was unsuccessful, and Autumn  last night and was unsuccessful. I would think, at this point that we can't visit someone who isn't home.  

So, Autumn, what were you up to last night?

12 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

That was an amazing bandwagon you formed, karen. I am surprised at how easily you got everyone to jump on poor Robert. Kept me around as the sacrificial lamb today?

I never believed Kendall's initial role claim for one reason - that's the role I have and I didn't think there's more than one of the same role.  Now I wonder if everyone has a visitor role at the very least.    

I tried to visit Becky on the first night and was unsuccessful, and Autumn  last night and was unsuccessful. I would think, at this point that we can't visit someone who isn't home.  

So, Autumn, what were you up to last night?

I'm amazingly talented with my ability to form a bandwagon on you and Robert, aren't I? Funny, I didn't say a word about Robert until Autumn did. Adam also had a lot to say against Robert, but you don't call him out, either. Interesting. I think that's where Autumn found her plan to save your megablocks. Robert did say some concerning things and Autumn dug into the things Adam had pointed out. Why are you not scrutinizing Adam or Autumn who, using reason and logic, were the ones actually formed the bandwagon on Robert?

So, you're a visitor now? Why would you vote for Kendall for claiming visitor when you yourself were also a visitor? Wouldn't it be uncanny that she was describing the exact role you had? I could see if your were the investigator and Kendall had claimed investigator but Kendall claimed the role with specifics that must've matched yours, right? So, then why are you just now claiming to also be a visitor?

I didn't say anything about a bandwagon on me, are you panicking and mixing up your stories already?   I plainly stated in the post you are replying to why I didn't believe  Kendall. For godsakes. I think that everyone who doesn't have a "useful" role must be a visitor, it seems strange and very scum-leaning to set up this way but I've seen worse.

Why am I not scrutinizing others? Because once we get rid of you, the rest of your team will become self evident and we can move on to reading another great book.  You have not proved yourself a loyal book club member but have shown how willing you are get us all killed. 

I was going to leave it there, but I'll keep going.

My problem with your claim is that I believe you and I'm getting nervous about where I've dug my heels in. I have some other questions, if you could humor me. You clearly think I'm Scum but I'm not, so there. :tongue: Obviously, I didn't read your post thoroughly enough before posting a response. You said why you voted for Kendall, initially but it still raises more questions.

Why didn't you mention anything about Kendall yesterday? If you think she's Scum because of the matching role claim, why not go after her again? As you asked me, did you contact her in private before you voted for her? What about Kendall's actions (or private communications) have made you feel now that she isn't Scum and just has a matching role claim to yours and that all vanilla townies are visitors? That's my biggest question about you right now, what changed your mind and brought you to your current conclusion? 3 (11) days after she made her initial role claim?

Just now, Darkdragon said:

I didn't say anything about a bandwagon on me, are you panicking and mixing up your stories already?  

Yesterday, you said I formed a group against you...by voting for you. That's pretty consistent. If you read what I've said in this game, you'll see I haven't mixed anything up because I don't have any stories to mix up. I don't believe I've even told any stories. My cases against you and Robert were both piecing together your behavior because that's all I have to go on.

I plainly stated in the post you are replying to why I didn't believe  Kendall.

True. My bad. Sorry about that. I mentioned it above but we cross-posted.

I think that everyone who doesn't have a "useful" role must be a visitor, it seems strange and very scum-leaning to set up this way but I've seen worse.

When did you come to this conclusion? This means you trust Kendall now. Why? Also, what seems "scum-leaning" about it?

Because once we get rid of you, the rest of your team will become self evident and we can move on to reading another great book.  You have not proved yourself a loyal book club member but have shown how willing you are get us all killed. 

How have I proved I'm willing to get us all killed?

Contact people in private on day 1?  No, never, you know better than that.  I don't have any feeling if she is scum or not at this point, i already stated why I didn't believe her claim on day 1, but she isn't the major problem here.  The knitting club needs be taken out at the head, get rid of the brains and the body will fall. 

13 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

When did you come to this conclusion? This means you trust Kendall now. Why? Also, what seems "scum-leaning" about it? 

I explained this on day 1 as well.  I don't know if what I say is actually being ignored or if people are really this dense.    

I'll have to have time to respond to the rest because you posted a huge amount somehow while I was replying to your first question. I need to take care of some stuff that pays for all these books first.

1 minute ago, Darkdragon said:

Contact people in private on day 1?  No, never, you know better than that. 

I don't find that answer sufficient. I do contact people on Day One. Especially when they say this:

On 11/21/2019 at 1:20 PM, Kristel said:

There are probably a few perverts in a small town like this.

That's how a Townie with a matching role claim responds. So I contacted her and she did, indeed, claim to also be a visitor. To be honest, (or not mix up my stories :hmpf: ) I actually contacted her on Night One but only because I was traveling and missed the end of Day One. But, I was proactive—for the book club—once I got back in town.

The first few posts on Day One are normally fluff, so I have the habit of skimming them. My Day One performance here sucked and I had no idea that Kendall had claimed. I summarized what I scanned in my head as people making jokes about visiting people at night for perverted reasons and even rolled my eyes at how stupid Day One posts can be. It wasn't until after I had asked Kendall what the Kyle she was talking about that I saw the role claim. I did not immediately vote for her because of the details in her claim. As I said, I probably would've voted for her to achieve a lynch so we could all see voting patterns. I know you said yesterday that this was a Scummy idea, but you said:

On 11/26/2019 at 5:50 PM, Darkdragon said:

Everyone who is now saying they would have voted for Becky to "get a lynch" is also suspect because that's a horrible idea.  How many of us are there? 4? 5?  The numbers are very low and every life matters.

"Everyone who is now saying they would have voted for Becky" but that was only Autumn. Why didn't you say Autumn? That pinged me at the time because it was like you didn't want to say her name to directly implicate her.

1 minute ago, Darkdragon said:

I don't have any feeling if she is scum or not at this point, i already stated why I didn't believe her claim on day 1, but she isn't the major problem here.  The knitting club needs be taken out at the head, get rid of the brains and the body will fall. 

You haven't answered any of my questions. For you to now be going after me (again) and coming to the conclusion that there are several visitors, your opinion of Kendall has to have changed. Why? You can't simultaneously believe that she's also a visitor and that there are many visitors and still think she might be Scum. There's a lot of logic and reason missing here. What led you to the conclusion that there were several visitors? Because all you've stated is that Kendall has the same role. Why isn't Kendall lying Scum?

Also, why do you think your role was unsuccessful both nights?

You haven't answered any of my questions

I told you I had to get work done and would be back later.  You post, i respond, and you post again while I respond. I can't reply to something you hadn't posted yet. 

I don't know if Kendall is scum or not at this point, she seemed scummy at the first day to me AS I EXPLAINED.  I didn't think two people would have the same role and be on the same team, but now things look different. 

The first night I was unsuccessful, obviously, because the person I tried to visit was dead. Second night, no idea, but my guess now is that everyone has at least a visitor role and that we will always be unsuccessful on a visitation since nobody is ever home at night.  

Why didn't you say Autumn? That pinged me at the time because it was like you didn't want to say her name to directly implicate her.

It seemed like more than just one person was saying it at the time, I really didn't put that much thought into naming or not naming anyone in particular.  

You can try and tear down everything I say or "don't say" but we both know I'm not a knitter so you're no going to be able to rile me up. 

16 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Oof. So I visited @Darkdragon last night and was unsuccessful. :wacko:

Maybe she wasn't home? Don't know if it works that way.

Were you unsuccessful on Night 1 when visiting Karen?  Karen, did you stay home on Night 1?

14 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Autumn did do an excellent job at steering us off of Miranda and onto Robert.

Let's be honest, though. So did I. :facepalm: I actually cringe at thinking how I went off for 3 or 4 posts about Robert clearly slipping up. I even thought I should lay off because slipping up in lying is an indication that he's actually a very honest person. Turns out he just had holiday-brain, I suppose. I still don't feel good about it. It seemed like a solid read at the time.

I pushed for Robert's lynch because I thought he was a knitter.

2 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

I didn't say anything about a bandwagon on me, are you panicking and mixing up your stories already?   I plainly stated in the post you are replying to why I didn't believe  Kendall. For godsakes. I think that everyone who doesn't have a "useful" role must be a visitor, it seems strange and very scum-leaning to set up this way but I've seen worse.

If you didn't believe the role claim because it was identical to yours, then isn't it odd that you didn't come out and say that on Day 1?  The role isn't common enough for people to make up randomly and fake claim day 1 in such accurate detail.  So it seems like you should've believed it but figured Kendall was an opposite faction member.  Normally, when a townie sees another player claim a role that matches theirs they either think it's true and multiple townies have that role, or it's true and the other player is scum... it's usually worth coming out and saying, "Wait a minute, I'm the Town <ROLE>, so you must be scum!"

16 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

The first night I was unsuccessful, obviously, because the person I tried to visit was dead. Second night, no idea, but my guess now is that everyone has at least a visitor role and that we will always be unsuccessful on a visitation since nobody is ever home at night.

I'm really interested to know if anyone has had a successful result from their visitor role (Kendall, night 1?).  If we have so many compulsive visitors, and none get a successful result, there has to be another point.

1 minute ago, fhomess said:

I'm really interested to know if anyone has had a successful result from their visitor role (Kendall, night 1?).  If we have so many compulsive visitors, and none get a successful result, there has to be another point.

That's why it seem such a pro-scum role, because it only appears to be there to sew confusion. 

2 minutes ago, fhomess said:

If you didn't believe the role claim because it was identical to yours, then isn't it odd that you didn't come out and say that on Day 1?

Because I don't think role claiming on day 1 is the right way to go and doing it, especially with such a role as that seems very strange to me.

4 hours ago, Hinckley said:

So, you're a visitor now? Why would you vote for Kendall for claiming visitor when you yourself were also a visitor? Wouldn't it be uncanny that she was describing the exact role you had? I could see if your were the investigator and Kendall had claimed investigator but Kendall claimed the role with specifics that must've matched yours, right? So, then why are you just now claiming to also be a visitor?

Yeah if your were the only visitor, what's the chance that scum would decide to fake claim visitor on day one just for the hell of it?

1 hour ago, fhomess said:

Were you unsuccessful on Night 1 when visiting Karen?  Karen, did you stay home on Night 1?

She said she visited Baeicky!

Ah, shit. I read too fast again.

Kendall claims she got a successful result on Night One when she visited me but we only have Kendall's word for that. I was given no indication that I received a visit.

3 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

I told you I had to get work done and would be back later.  You post, i respond, and you post again while I respond. I can't reply to something you hadn't posted yet.

I know, I know, I know. I realize that. I'm really sorry. I'm not trying to pester you and I'm not Scum. I'm explaining what I've been doing and trying to discern your behavior. The problem is everybody is still reading Town to me! :facepalm: and I'm trying to go through process of elimination as to who the Scum are. I don't have much to work on. You're reacting to me like I'm a hot stove, but I could imagine that's because you've been burned by me before. But for the love of all that is Not Kyle, if you are Town, please consider that I am also Town, because I am, and if you get a bandwagon going on me, we've lost.

No, not obviously. This is my concern about your claim to visit Baiucky. I hinted in thread yesterday that I knew you did something at night but that is only because you didn't believe Kendall's claim. I was definitely fishing. Why did you choose Buuiocky? Because it seems like a convenient claim considering that she was killed that same night and I was saying there might be info regarding what you did. So this would be a good cover in case I did have information knowing that you targeted Beeeucky. As you accused Kendall, Scum could just say, if they're caught targeting a player who was killed, that they were just visiting. So again, the question is, why Baaaacky?

Why wouldn't a visitor be able to visit a dead person? What do you think a wake is?

It seemed like more than just one person was saying it at the time, I really didn't put that much thought into naming or not naming anyone in particular.  

Right. Two would be the maximum for the "more than one" aspect, because it was only Autumn and me that didn't vote.

You can try and tear down everything I say or "don't say" but we both know I'm not a knitter so you're no going to be able to rile me up. 

Again, no. I'm not trying to tear down the things you say or even don't say and I can't possibly know if you are or aren't a knitter, because I'm a Townie with Jack Kyle to work on, but my concerns are valid, so the stove has been off for a long time. It'll only burn us if we both keep expecting it to be hot. If we're both being manipulated then we're doing the Scum's work, you and I together, and murdering the Town ourselves.

Cards on the table, I know of a blocker, a protector and an investigator. Additionally, I believe we had a vigilante. If you're any of these things and you haven't been talking to me behind the scenes, it's time to claim against these claims in case I'm being lied to.

7 hours ago, fhomess said:

I pushed for Robert's lynch because I thought he was a knitter.

Thing is, you didn't think he was a knitter. Because you got investigated last night and you're scum.

So we have to lynch you. I see it's been 24 hours, so I'll go first:

Vote: Autumn (fhomess)

I know, I know, it looks likely that Miranda is scum (or maybe Karen is???). But right now, factually, Autum is scum, and we have to vote in response to that knowledge.

Voting is open. A majority of 3 is needed to lynch. There are 45 hours left in the day.