KotZ

MAfia - Day 3 - You Can't do Anything

3 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Thing is, you didn't think he was a knitter. Because you got investigated last night and you're scum.

So we have to lynch you. I see it's been 24 hours, so I'll go first:

Vote: Autumn (fhomess)

I know, I know, it looks likely that Miranda is scum (or maybe Karen is???). But right now, factually, Autum is scum, and we have to vote in response to that knowledge.

Adam, you blew your load in a couple of ways there. :hmpf: Just like my ex. I was like "Let's use protection, OK? Pause." And he was like " :wacko:  Plbrrrrrrt." And that was Chad. And then a year later "Let's use protection." "Pllbbrrt. Kyle."

Think about keeping it in your pants in the future, Adam.

3 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Thing is, you didn't think he was a knitter. Because you got investigated last night and you're scum.

So we have to lynch you. I see it's been 24 hours, so I'll go first:

I know, I know, it looks likely that Miranda is scum (or maybe Karen is???). But right now, factually, Autum is scum, and we have to vote in response to that knowledge.

There is evidence, but the only fact is that I'm not a knitter and unfortunately, tomorrow, if there is one, will reveal that.

My role is town Tracker.  Night 1 I targeted Kendall and saw him target Karen.  Night 2 I saw Miranda target no one.  That's why I was curious about how Kendall's night action was reported.

39 minutes ago, fhomess said:

My role is town Tracker.  Night 1 I targeted Kendall and saw him target Karen.  Night 2 I saw Miranda target no one.  That's why I was curious about how Kendall's night action was reported.

Why did you choose those targets?

Anybody could claim tracker with those results because the results were already claimed in public.

53 minutes ago, fhomess said:

That's why I was curious about how Kendall's night action was reported.

Something is bugging me about this. What is it? :look: You wanted to know how Kendall's Night Action was reported...because you saw Miranda targeting nobody? Did you get an answer to that? I don't remember you getting an answer. Why... (thinking) ...why would Kendall's Night Action result have any bearing on you seeing Miranda targeting nobody?

What did your result tell you about Kendall and what, if anything did you do with this information? Likewise, what did your result tell you about Miranda?

I want to believe this investigator's result. My instinct tells me to. I need to channel my inner–Chelsea and not double guess myself. Because I can now logically see every player as Scum and every player as Town. Just because the night went horribly wrong and Robert was Town and Chelsea is dead and we were unable to block the killer doesn't mean we shouldn't stick with our plan. Although, there were many people that knew who the blocker was targeting... What did I just say? Inner–Chelsea, Inner–Chelsea.

Aha, this:

12 hours ago, fhomess said:

I'm really interested to know if anyone has had a successful result from their visitor role (Kendall, night 1?).  If we have so many compulsive visitors, and none get a successful result, there has to be another point.

53 minutes ago, fhomess said:

Night 1 I targeted Kendall and saw him target Karen.  Night 2 I saw Miranda target no one.  That's why I was curious about how Kendall's night action was reported.

Your reasons for wanting to know how Kendall's results are reported has evolved. As a wise man once said, :look: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Furthermore, because let's face it–I can't help myself (Maybe that's why Kyle and Chad are so awful. The apple doesn't fall far... :cry_sad: )–this idea that a visitor would be unsuccessful because their target is out performing a Night Action is utter horseshit. That's not a visitor, that's a weak tracker. You think in a group of 8 of us, there were a bunch of weak trackers?

Also, if I were hosting this meeting of our club, I would not make the death of a player result in an unsuccessful visit. Why would a player's death make a visit unsuccessful? That doesn't make sense to me.

5 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Adam, you blew your load in a couple of ways there. :hmpf: Just like my ex. I was like "Let's use protection, OK? Pause." And he was like " :wacko:  Plbrrrrrrt." And that was Chad. And then a year later "Let's use protection." "Pllbbrrt. Kyle."

Think about keeping it in your pants in the future, Adam.

Alrighty then. :snicker:

Unlike what I said on day one, we have plenty of time.

To vote. Not...that.

12 hours ago, jimmynick said:

:wub_drool: Woo!  That's awesome! 

17 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Cards on the table, I know of a blocker, a protector and an investigator. Additionally, I believe we had a vigilante. If you're any of these things and you haven't been talking to me behind the scenes, it's time to claim against these claims in case I'm being lied to. 

I am really curious as to how any of this is true.  You yourself always say verify verify verify and yet I'm seeing nothing that points to a vigilante existing - and one in such a small group? Not inconceivable, but that would mean the person was successfully blocked and/or target protected every night so far? That seems pretty lucky on multiple levels.

A blocker and protector? One of those has to be scum I would think in a group this size, don't you? I know we've had this argument in the past, that's the royal we as in 'group of players' not we as in specifically you and I. I recall something about a blocker being a scum role in some people's eyes?  Not that these clubs have ever been "normal" or "by the book" anyway.

Just now, Darkdragon said:

I'm seeing nothing that points to a vigilante existing

Remember when Robert said "I did some research and it turns out there's a role called vigilante"? I asked him if he was implying something and he said nothing more about it. With the benefit of hindsight, that statement looks like a roleclaim.

Just now, jimmynick said:

Remember when Robert said "I did some research and it turns out there's a role called vigilante"? I asked him if he was implying something and he said nothing more about it. With the benefit of hindsight, that statement looks like a roleclaim.

Oh well that makes some sense but then ... oh wait i misread Karen's post. :blush: Sorry Karen!  I saw "have" not "had". My bad.

No worries, Miranda. :thumbup: Sorry I come off strong some times. I pissed off one of my club members too by being kind of an ass...and just sitting around and staring at everyone all evening.

I'm relatively certain we have/had a blocker, protector, vigilante and investigator. I think that's a decent balance in a game this size? I guess? I think if we had a blocker, protector, vigilante, investigator and tracker and Kyle, that would be unfair to the Scum. Not to mention, we should've steamrolled them by now.

Autumn claiming tracker is very easy to do when I've listed the roles that we did find and enough people discussed night action results that she could claim what we all already know to be true. Oh, right and that investigation result of Scum.

Vote: Autumn Martin (fhomess)

I'm not sure it's worth being coy about it anymore. There isn't technically a blocker and protector. The claim is jailkeeper, which makes sense to me in a game this size.

Because I voted before KotZ said we could, I think it bears repeating that I

3 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Autumn claiming tracker is very easy to do when I've listed the roles that we did find and enough people discussed night action results that she could claim what we all already know to be true. Oh, right and that investigation result of Scum.

I'm not sure it's worth being coy about it anymore. There isn't technically a blocker and protector. The claim is jailkeeper, which makes sense to me in a game this size.

I was already growing suspicious of her, but of course always leery of an unverified result - until she said she is the "town tracker"  because that's just a scum thing to say. If you're tracker you're tracker not needed to say "town tracker" to be sure everyone understands you are saying you are town...classic slip-up there.

Ah! Jailkeeper makes much more sense!  The numbers were just not adding up to me with so many dead and so many visitor roles. I wrote a story once with a jailkeeper, such a lovely memory.

4 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

I wrote a story once with a jailkeeper, such a lovely memory.

I liked your self-published YA novel with the evil hedgehog. That story made me angry, paranoid and happy! It was fun.

This is an automated message! 

Kendall isn't available right now, because her head hurts since she can't decide who da fug is scum!

If you wish to reach Kendall, you can find her hiding in a corner, wondering what she'll die from first. The croissant beating, or her gluten intolerance.

14 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Why did you choose those targets?

Kendall because of the public claim.  Miranda because she was the alternate lynch candidate on Day 2.

Something is bugging me about this. What is it? :look: You wanted to know how Kendall's Night Action was reported...because you saw Miranda targeting nobody? Did you get an answer to that? I don't remember you getting an answer. Why... (thinking) ...why would Kendall's Night Action result have any bearing on you seeing Miranda targeting nobody?

I only cared about how Kendall's action was reported after other results came out with unsuccessful results for visiting people.  Knowing that lined up with my results on Miranda.  It has bearing on how trustworthy Kendall is.  I believe there's two scum among the four of you.  I can't imagine there's just one knitter in a group this size and if there were three, we'd already be done.  We have two claimed visitors, plus an investigator and whatever your roleclaim is.

Your reasons for wanting to know how Kendall's results are reported has evolved. As a wise man once said, :look: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Kind of.  My thinking is always evolving over time as I learn more, but I also don't always say things publicly exactly how I'm thinking about them.  Sometimes it's helpful to see how people react.

6 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Not to mention, we should've steamrolled them by now.

This is what has been giving me pause about what's going on.  Protector is probably town.  That's generally not a scum role and it's generally not a safe claim to make as scum.  Not sure when it was claimed, but if it was early, then it's probably true that the protector is town.

6 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Autumn claiming tracker is very easy to do when I've listed the roles that we did find and enough people discussed night action results that she could claim what we all already know to be true.

I can't argue with that.  In a game this size and with the amount of night action results that have come forth already, it's unfortunate that my actions are among those already known.

1 hour ago, fhomess said:

Kendall because of the public claim.  Miranda because she was the alternate lynch candidate on Day 2.

I thought I was the one with the votes at the end of Day 2? Wasn't I? :cry_sad: You ladies act like I'm not here. I'm never included in anything. Is it because I'm a steel worker? And not a pretty girl like you?

Also, considering you voted for Robert on Day One and made a case against him on Day Two, why wouldn't you track him? Robert asked Kendall who she visited and you told him he was being too hasty about it. If you voted for him and jumped on him first thing in the morning, I think you'd want to know if he'd been up to anything at night.

We have two claimed visitors, plus an investigator and whatever your roleclaim is.

Now, this is very interesting. Why wouldn't I be the investigator?

Protector is probably town.  That's generally not a scum role and it's generally not a safe claim to make as scum.  Not sure when it was claimed, but if it was early, then it's probably true that the protector is town.

I have the distinct feeling you're not paying attention. It must be really hard to play Scum when you don't have the time to really concentrate on things. The claim is jailkeeper, and as I said, I think the claim makes sense based on the size of the game. It's nice that you're so quick to trust this person. I don't full trust anybody at this point and the paranoia is driving me bonkers. I'd rather have family time with Chad and Kyle. I really would! I'll be in the corner with Kendall...trying to figure out if she's Scum.

Come to think of it, you told us that if you would've voted on Day One, you would've voted for Robert, but then you tracked Kendall. Then you voted for Robert, knowing only that Kendall targeted me. While seeing Kendall targeting me would've verified she had a role, it wouldn't verify what role she had. If Kendall is still suspicious at that point, aren't I suspicious as well? Maybe the Scum have protection or maybe, if she's a Scum visitor and I'm her Scum buddy, she visited me in case she was tracked to make it look like we weren't on the same side. Or she's a tailor. Or any number of things. And we revealed that we were talking to each other on Day One. And didn't it seem a little odd that we also jumped right up to say that we'd been talking? Didn't anybody find it odd that we had connected so early in the game? You didn't seem to have any suspicion that way, you just went for Robert. I just came up with a ton of response to the tracking result you got and we didn't see any of that out of you. We saw you steer the heat off of Miranda. That's what I think happened.

VOTE TALLY
Autumn (fhomess) - 4 vote (jimmynick, darkdragon, hinckley, trekkie99)

With five players, a majority of 3 is needed to lynch. There are 22 hours left in the day.

SIDE NOTE: It has been brought to my attention by some that since this is a very small game, that rule 3.5 where you may not target a player two nights in a row could be an issue. If everyone is ok with removing this rule please vote Yes or No. A unanimous vote is needed for this, in desire of fairness for all players. Send me a PM please to remain anonymous.

Edited by KotZ

15 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I thought I was the one with the votes at the end of Day 2? Wasn't I? :cry_sad: You ladies act like I'm not here. I'm never included in anything. Is it because I'm a steel worker? And not a pretty girl like you?

That was an OMGUS vote plus penalties.  Miranda was the other legitimate lynch candidate.

Also, considering you voted for Robert on Day One and made a case against him on Day Two, why wouldn't you track him? Robert asked Kendall who she visited and you told him he was being too hasty about it. If you voted for him and jumped on him first thing in the morning, I think you'd want to know if he'd been up to anything at night.

I did not vote for Robert on day one... I voted for the same person you did.

Now, this is very interesting. Why wouldn't I be the investigator?

Because you're the instigator.  :laugh:

Come to think of it, you told us that if you would've voted on Day One, you would've voted for Robert, but then you tracked Kendall. Then you voted for Robert, knowing only that Kendall targeted me. While seeing Kendall targeting me would've verified she had a role, it wouldn't verify what role she had. If Kendall is still suspicious at that point, aren't I suspicious as well? Maybe the Scum have protection or maybe, if she's a Scum visitor and I'm her Scum buddy, she visited me in case she was tracked to make it look like we weren't on the same side. Or she's a tailor. Or any number of things. And we revealed that we were talking to each other on Day One. And didn't it seem a little odd that we also jumped right up to say that we'd been talking? Didn't anybody find it odd that we had connected so early in the game? You didn't seem to have any suspicion that way, you just went for Robert. I just came up with a ton of response to the tracking result you got and we didn't see any of that out of you. We saw you steer the heat off of Miranda. That's what I think happened.

I didn't make that determination about Robert until day two.  Kendall's role clearly didn't impact you in a negative way, so it seemed legitimate and there was nothing that I felt needed to happen as a result other than waiting to see where things went.  The notion that Kendall may have targeted his scum buddy didn't enter my mind.  Perhaps it should have.  I never find it odd when anyone says they're talking to you early on.  It registers just about nothing on my suspicion scale one way or the other.

tenor.gif?itemid=12910960

Bored.

I'm having a having a hard time seeing how there could be another scum if fhomess is indeed scum.

Miranda has claimed visitor which is possible since there's been others along with myself, so she likely isn't scum unless she learned about the multiple visitors, or is a scum visitor.

Karen has claimed investigator which is a risky fake claim for scum if there is a real town investigator, but if not could be very rewarding. 

And finally Adam the jailkeeper who was the reason my visit was unsuccessful.

A lot of possibilities for there to be two scum, but not when fhomess is scum. 

3ifafk.jpg

I'm just waiting for Autumn to make like a banana and split.

30 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

Karen has claimed investigator which is a risky fake claim for scum if there is a real town investigator

She'd have had to know there was no investigator at all, considering Bob was a visitor too.

57 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

Bored.

I'm having a having a hard time seeing how there could be another scum if fhomess is indeed scum.

Miranda has claimed visitor which is possible since there's been others along with myself, so she likely isn't scum unless she learned about the multiple visitors, or is a scum visitor.

Karen has claimed investigator which is a risky fake claim for scum if there is a real town investigator, but if not could be very rewarding. 

And finally Adam the jailkeeper who was the reason my visit was unsuccessful.

A lot of possibilities for there to be two scum, but not when fhomess is scum. 

Plllbrt :wacko:

Jesus... :hmpf:

2 hours ago, fhomess said:

That was an OMGUS vote

No it was not.

1 hour ago, Trekkie99 said:

Just one scum in this game would be pretty unfair setup, it's not a team with just one person.    Come to think of it, this is the scummiest thing you've said all game.

3 hours ago, fhomess said:

Hey! Where's my vote for the false investigation result?! :cry_sad: Aren't you even going to go through the motions? You're supposed to say "Well, if you're the investigator, you're the clear Knitter among us. Vote Karen McMillan (Hinckley). Join me or the Book Club is doomed to never read a Robert Ludlum novel again."

You always forget about me. I'm never invited over for bridge night. Is it because I cut my hair? You said you liked it!

2 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Karen has claimed investigator

3 hours ago, fhomess said:

Damn it! Now I see why. I read these posts out of order. Thanks a lot, phone! :hmpf_bad:

1 hour ago, Darkdragon said:

2 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Just one scum in this game would be pretty unfair setup, it's not a team with just one person. Come to think of it, this is the scummiest thing you've said all game.

1470156387-cat.jpg?fill=320:443&resize=3

I'm having a hard time seeing how there could be a cat in this picture.

VOTE TALLY
Autumn (fhomess) - 4 vote (jimmynick, darkdragon, hinckley, trekkie99)
Nonvoters - fhomess

With five players, a majority of 3 is needed to lynch. The day has ended with a lynch of fhomess.

SIDE NOTE: I did not recieve a unanimous vote for the amendment, so 3.5 is still in effect. Please send in your night actions.