1920x839.jpg

Factions have appeared all over the galaxy. The New Republic is still trying to sway enough planets over to its side to become the legitimate replacement for the Empire. Various Imperial Factions are vying for control of as many sectors as they can manage to control. The Scum of the galaxy is running rampant. What does all this mean? A lot of business for the many Corporations across the galaxy. Starfighters in particular are in high demand. Incom, Sienar, and MandalMotors in particular have seen a spike in profits as every Faction buys up the Starfighters they think will help them gain control of new territories or hold on to the ones they already have.

Incom - Location: Fresia K10
Z-95 Headhunter
ARC-170
U-Wing
T-47 Airspeeder (Snowspeeder)
X-Wing

Sienar - Location: Castell M9
Sith Infiltrator
TIE Series: Fighter, Interceptor, Defender, Bomber, Advance, Reaper, Striker, etc.

MandalMotors - Location: Mandalore O7
Fang Fighter
Kom'rk Fighter
M3-A Fighter
Aka'jor Shuttle  
Lancer Class Pursuit Craft

Contest Specifics:

• Build a Starfighter from one of the three Corporations. The Starfighter should be minifigure scale. It should clearly fall within the Starfighter category and not be classified as a transport ship or larger. If you have questions please ask!
  • You can also build a setting for your Starfighter: the factory where it's built, a shipyard in space where it's built, testing the Starfighter on a planet, taking the Starfighter into battle, etc.
  • Each entry will be judged in two ways. The Starfighter will be judged by itself. Then the setting will be judged. The combined score will equal your XP/IP for the contest. But control of the Corporation will only be judged on the score from the Starfighter.
  • Entries can be set on any planet and will earn appropriate XP and IP there. Regular rules for IP access apply.
  • The highest scoring Starfighter for each Corporation will earn 50 IP on the corresponding headquarters. Only the Starfighters will be scored for this reward. So if CorSec builds the best MandalMotors Starfighter, CorSec will get 50 IP on Mandalore regardless how many other entries there were from other Factions, and regardless of the setting for any of the Starfighters.

The Rules:

• Must be minifigure-scale.
  • Must be a starfighter produced by 1 of the three listed Corporations. It doesn't have to be on the list of examples under each Corporation, but if it's not you should provide Wookiepedia proof.
  • All entries must be posted as a new topic in the Factions subforum, the title prefixed by [Factions Ep. 4][Corporation - Starfighter][Build Sector - Build Planet - Faction]. For example, “[Factions Ep. 4] [Sienar - TIE Striker] [M11 - Corellia - CS] Imperial Forces”.
  • Each person is only allowed 2 entries. Each entry may be for a different Corporation or the same. However, Factions would be wise to coordinate their builds to maximize points within one Corporation.
  • All entries must be entered using this formLink to Submittal Form
  • All rules in the Core Rules topic apply unless otherwise stated in this explanation or the rules above.
  • There are no restrictions on the size/form/content of the builds, as long as they follow the above described goals.
  • The Episode will run from November 27th to January 31st. As long as it is still Jan 31st somewhere in the world, you can still enter. 
  • Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified from the episode and will not be eligible to receive points or XP.
  • Entries will be judged according to the following rules:
    • Your build can earn up to 50 points.
    • The amount of points you earn is also the amount of XP your character earns.
  • This episode/contest is open to all players of Factions, even if they joined EB or signed up for the game after the episode has begun, with the exception of the Star Wars staff, who are not eligible to win XP or prizes; the EB admins and moderators, who are not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP; and the episode host, who is not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP.
  • All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to the start date of this episode. You can use creations for this contest in other forums or contests, but it should not have been displayed before the start date for this contest. You may be asked by a staff member to change your entry if it is too similar to an earlier creation.
  • All entries must be built from real LEGO or with Lego Digital Designer. No third-party molds may be used for the subject non-human.
  • If you are using Lego Digital Designer, please remember you can only use existing colors and pieces. Also be aware that the judges will watching to make sure your LDD model could hold itself up in real-life.
  • Post pictures no larger than 1024x768, as specified in the EB Member Guidelines.
  • You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects on ANY picture. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited,.
  • All entries are considered WIPs (Works In Progress) until the deadline passes. Until the deadline has passed, you are allowed to change and improve your MOC.

The Prizes:

• You will receive XP equal to the number of points you are awarded from the judges.
  • Your faction will receive IP  on your posted planet if your MOC is eligible for them.
  • If your Factions earns the most XP for a Corporation, they will earn 50 IP on the given headquarters for the Corporation.

40 minutes ago, goatman461 said:

Damn, I don’t have much to show for for starfighters recently. I was trying to make promos and had to go back to 2017 and 2014.

Sounds like the perfect time for a contest!

Could you do a prototype of an updated version of an existing tie fighter role - still recognisable as the same sort of craft but updated/modified/up armoured to improve it? Or is this strictly we have seen it in this form and know that it exists? I'm happy either way, I just want to know whether I will need to modify one of my WIP's or not. 

Thanks!

Edited by marvelBoy123

6 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Could you do a prototype of an updated version of an existing tie fighter role - still recognisable as the same sort of craft but updated/modified/up armoured to improve it? Or is this strictly we have seen it in this form and know that it exists? I'm happy either way, I just want to know whether I will need to modify one of my WIP's or not. 

Thanks!

You need to either make a fighter that's instantly recognizable, or one that has a Wookiepedia reference. Additional guns, different color scheme, and other surface changes are okay. But if you took a B-Wing and gave it 4 or 5 s-foils instead of 3 that would be pushing it too far.

On 12/1/2019 at 11:17 PM, MKJoshA said:

It should clearly fall within the Starfighter category and not be classified as a transport ship or larger.

Hi @MKJoshA How do we read this specification of 'only starfighters? The last two example starships mentioned under MandalMotors is a shuttle and a transport... I'm totally for opening up the rules to expand on ship types, but I'd hate to see players penalized for reading one thing and you meant another...

4 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Hi @MKJoshA How do we read this specification of 'only starfighters? The last two example starships mentioned under MandalMotors is a shuttle and a transport... I'm totally for opening up the rules to expand on ship types, but I'd hate to see players penalized for reading one thing and you meant another...

Thanks for asking! The idea is to not have too large a ship. The Aka'jor may not be the best representation, but we won't penalize someone for building it obviously. It still fits the spirit of the rules because it's a small shuttle. The Tydirium would not work since it holds too many people and therefor is too large.

The Lancer class is a pursuit craft and was clearly shown as a fighter in the Rebels episodes it was in. Though the emphasis is less on fighter and more on size. SW has shown that any shuttle or freighter can be turned into a fighting vessel. So if you want guns on your "shuttle" you can modify it.

I hope that helps!

Well this is embarrassing. The contest creator (me) might have just tried to ignore the rules. I've been planning on building an E-wing which I had remembered as being an Incom ship. In all my research for ships for this contest I must have got my wires crossed. It's made by FreiTek which was founded by former Incom designers. So, I'd like to put it to a vote. All in favor of or against including the E-Wing in the allowed Incom ship list please let me know here.

42 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Well this is embarrassing. The contest creator (me) might have just tried to ignore the rules. I've been planning on building an E-wing which I had remembered as being an Incom ship. In all my research for ships for this contest I must have got my wires crossed. It's made by FreiTek which was founded by former Incom designers. So, I'd like to put it to a vote. All in favor of or against including the E-Wing in the allowed Incom ship list please let me know here.

I dont see why it wouldnt be included.

Why restraint creativity ?

2 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

I can agree to this, but why not throw it open to all corporations?

Do you mean why not allow any and every Star Wars ship? We wanted the corporations to have a headquaters planet we could use for challenge rewards. And we've found that unlimited creativity is harder for someone people than a more limited number of options for builds. So we wanted to limit it a little for those reasons.

I think the E-Wing can fall under the umbrella of Incom. I assumed it was Incom too. 
@Ross Fisher we had to be careful which planets we just gave away; several HQs are already controlled by specific factions. We also needed to limited it to a few corporations to get more competition going

I’m sure we can do another challenge to cover them with different incentives involved. You can always build them in your regular builds, of course, and I’m sure you’ll be rewarded well for a good one. 

Thanks for all the great entries! Judging is done and scores are posted. As a reminder each entry earned XP and IP as usual. But for each Corporation there was chosen and top entry and they are as follows:

Incom: E-Wing

Sienar: TIE Advance x1

MandalMotors: Fang Fighter

Just now, Darth Bjorn said:

@MKJoshA @goatman461 Will the Planet IP document be updated with planet control (the 50 IP from this episode?)

The "document" has already been updated. Is there a form out there you're referring to that's not updating correctly?