Norton74

[MOC] Walden; or, Life in the Woods

Walden; or, Life in the Woods

A few months ago a friend of mine loaned me a book I had always heard of but never read. The book is the well-known "Walden; or life in the woods" written by Henry David Thoreau and published in 1854.
Walden details Thoreau's experiences over the course of two years, two months, and two days (1845–47) in a cabin he built near Walden Pond amidst woodland owned by his friend and mentor Ralph Waldo Emerson, near Concord, Massachusetts.
By immersing himself in nature, Thoreau hoped to gain a more objective understanding of society through personal introspection. Simple living and self-sufficiency were Thoreau's other goals, and the whole project was inspired by transcendentalist philosophy, a central theme of the American Romantic Period. It is considered Thoreau’s masterwork. 

Struck by the history and inspired by the cover of the book, in the few past weeks I built Thoreau's cabin in the wood. It´s the first time that I made a woods-themed creation and I really had a lot fun building it. Hope you like it!

49136242651_c390a33e5b_h.jpg

For more detailed pictures tap here.

Thanks for stopping by!

The irregular base is great.  I like the wood shed.  Very nice trees and other plants.  The roof looks wonderful.  Door is neat.  Really well done.  

On 12/2/2019 at 4:21 AM, zoth33 said:

The irregular base is great.  I like the wood shed.  Very nice trees and other plants.  The roof looks wonderful.  Door is neat.  Really well done.  

Thank you!

1 hour ago, RyszardBosiak said:

Great job! Very nice roof, trees and mushrooms (very good idea with hats!).

On 12/9/2019 at 10:54 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

When I see norton74 I know it is a guarantee of well done work! 

Also this time the MOC is excellent: the woodshed and the ax on the block are perfect :wub:

Thank you my friend :classic: 

What a beautifull moc.

I've never read the book self, but I know some writers in my country were also inspired to do something like that influenced by this book.

On 12/15/2019 at 8:50 PM, Wout said:

What a beautifull moc.

I've never read the book self, but I know some writers in my country were also inspired to do something like that influenced by this book.

Thank you! Yes, the book inspired generations of writers and common citizens too.

On 12/20/2019 at 6:59 PM, 2mpaired said:

This is great looking! All the different plant life really looks really good. Well done!

Thank you very much! 

On 1/16/2020 at 8:51 AM, wanderer1980 said:

fantasic !!!!

On 1/16/2020 at 11:40 AM, ArneNielsen said:

Amazing! And now I want to play Fallout 4 again, where this hut is pictured very similar to your great build

ah ah, I didn't know... Thanks for stopping by!

On 2/15/2020 at 9:08 AM, kaelthas said:

So pleasing to look at! Great MOC @Norton74! I found a mouse in disguise. haha. 

ah...ah...:laugh: Thanks @kaelthas :classic: :thumbup: :sweet:

On 2/15/2020 at 4:12 PM, sander1992 said:

Wooh! That is a stunning build! *oh2*

Great job on the SNOT build house.

Thank you!