I have only been building my creations with EV3 but for a long time now I thought about getting a BuWizz. It's a good price right now.

I'm really interested in how amazing this product is and I would be excited to make the transition to PF/BuWizz powered cars, so I have to get a servo motor and a few L motors to go with it.

What is your opinion on buying a BuWizz 2.0? What PF parts should I buy to go with it to make car MOCs?

Thank you for your feedback. :classic:

4 hours ago, StudWorks said:

What is your opinion on buying a BuWizz 2.0?

Well, at first I hesitated a long time to buy one, but after buying one and using it I was totally overwhelmed by its performance with PF motors. Before that I've bought multiple train battery boxes and a V2 PF IR receiver which about summed up to the price of a single BuWizz, not to speak of the amount of batteries I went through. Well, I'd say it was worth it to check out what PF offered in this regard, but a second BuWizz maybe would have been the better choice. The only drawback at first was that I could only use it via a tablet (now phone), but I quickly got familiar with the virtual controls and there are also other means like BrickController2 and a physical controller - I just didn't have one that worked out of the box.

From how I see it now, I should have bought two BuWizz 2.0 at the same time to benefit from the reduced price - which I'd also recommend if you plan for multiple/bigger MOCs, or four of them, if money is not an issue for you. I'm thinking about racing with your friends, your kids, your siblings kids, etc.. It's cool to watch and control by turns, but racing together should be even more fun. :sweet:

What PF parts should I buy to go with it to make car MOCs?

That depends on what MOCs you want to build. If you want to start with cars in the 42093 Corvette scale, a single PF L and PF Servo motor is already enough to have some serious fun. See for example my Palomino or my mod of the blue car of 42098 which both can get pretty fast without a hitch - sorry I don't have a video of it, but trust me :classic:. Or see  @kbalage's 42093 A (2 x PF L) and B (2 x PF M) model motorizations. A single PF L is also enough to propel bigger scale models like my RC Buggy. Or look at @Didumos69's Greyhound with only three more - i.e. 4 x PF L (though 2 x BuWizz 2.0). IMHO these relatively small PF L motors have more than enough power for even bigger models.

I'd also recommend to buy a second PF Servo motor, because you might want to keep an existing model built and create another one at the same time.

As a person who did the choice of getting buwizz.. I say go for it. I'll never go anything else. It's just so convenient and very powerful. 

As things stand, the BuWizz/PF combo is the best choice and light-years ahead of Control+. In my experience, a single BuWizz unit can easily handle up to eight XL motors (two per channel) under heavy load.

Well, if you"re a Lego purest, Buwizz is a sin.     You can use Pure Lego parts and use 1.6 volts Nizn in your Lego battery case and enjoy Buwizz like performance and still be pure Legoist.     I've done one of the first true and the original RC high speed mods early this year for the Lego set 42093 and I've step it up on my latest mods..    Here is a video example of my Lego 42093 high speed mods from 7 months ago  using the Lego battery boxes.. So don't listen to the devils and stay pure my friend ..  :) 

Edited by sirslayer

9 hours ago, sirslayer said:

Well, if you"re a Lego purest, Buwizz is a sin.     You can use Pure Lego parts and use 1.6 volts Nizn in your Lego battery case and enjoy Buwizz like performance and still be pure Legoist.     I've done one of the first true and the original RC high speed mods early this year for the Lego set 42093 and I've step it up on my latest mods..    Here is a video example of my Lego 42093 high speed mods from 7 months ago  using the Lego battery boxes.. So don't listen to the devils and stay pure my friend ..  :) 

Your model & video do not compare to what people want to do with Buwizz. Your model is small, lightweight and is running on a level surface.Using pure Lego just isn't the answer when trying to run Large, heavy Mocs on outdoor rough terrain. LEGO simply cannot do it!!!

I wish BuWizz would introduce a version without the Bluetooth functionality for a cheaper price so it could be used with SBrick as just a better version of the 8878; the SBrick providing its better range and Profile Designer system, and the BuWizz providing the increased voltage.

@1963maniac   well most big models usually would have more then one buwizz and the  Lego set 42070 that goes against on what you said , or even better the newest Lego set 42099 Control+. Lego do not promote outdoor use anyway and Buwizz is just for PF devices which my understanding that Lego will stop producing all PF devices by 2020!!  

On 12/1/2019 at 11:49 PM, suffocation said:

As things stand, the BuWizz/PF combo is the best choice and light-years ahead of Control+. In my experience, a single BuWizz unit can easily handle up to eight XL motors (two per channel) under heavy load.

It also depends in which mode you want to run it, BuWizz won't handle 8 XL motors in high/ludicrous mode for sure. If you want to use the full capabilities (meaning ludicrous mode) under heavy load then based on my experience the limit is 2-3 L or XL motors (depending on the stress and configuration) and only 1 buggy motor per unit.

Thank you everybody for your input, it will be a great purchase. :classic:

@kbalage Excellent points you gave for me to consider. I have to get some PF elements too (I used to only build with EV3). I already have one L motor I had for a long time with the Arocs set, but I'd like to buy two more new motors anyways. Are XL motors better or will two L motors do (for 1:8 scale cars)? I will also be getting a servo motor, lights, and extensions. How many lights should I get if I want to have headlights and taillights on my cars and how many extension wires would you recommend I get? Thanks.

Its all depends on your needs.

I am also at the beginning of my journey at lego technic world. In the late future my goal is to build some TATRA track from free instructions at rebrickable. At the moment Im not decide exaclty what tatra i will build, but every rc vehicle 8x8 has many different motors (xl, l, m) and power source (buwizz, battery box, etc).

Good startup for any rc is 42095 which i just bought, probably in the near future i will buy another one because its profitable, but im also collecting XL and m motors. 2 x led lights at start will be enough also, 1 for the front, and one for the back.

Edited by mysiopysio84