TheLegoDr

Fire Station Modular

Hi all!

I haven't posted a MOC in a really long time, so thought I should give it a go (if I can figure out the picture thing).

I had a MOC entitled Firehouse 23 based off of the interior filming for Ghostbusters and Big Trouble in Little China. No one really commented or cared. So I tore it apart and built a different fire station. Fire Brigade was my first modular and it will always hold a special place in my heart, even though under normal circumstances I don't particularly care for fire stations. Either way, I was inspired by a 3-D puzzle I saw, so thought I should try it out in LEGO with my own personal touches.

This is the front view. You can see the bell tower with two alternating bells to alert the citizens. Ivy growing along the front adds some greenery and age. There is a kitty in the tree hiding out with no one the wiser. A fireman just gave a family a tour and is giving the little girl a souvenir.

48406630437_b807138e0a_c.jpg

Next we have a close up of the front bay door. I'm always trying to come up with new ways to make the lights. The baseplate is built up to allow roads in front, so this is angled to match the road.

48406630892_b98fc669fa_c.jpg

Next, we have another angle of the front.

48406507521_d1a1d07f36_c.jpg

A close-up of the ivy growing.

48406657122_65d9609880_c.jpg

Rear is next. A lone bush is growing.

48406629832_42a6c6cbf8_c.jpg

Interior 1st level

48406481726_cda893f58f_c.jpg

Interior 2nd level kitchenette

48406507581_442f3393d6_c.jpg

Interior 2nd level. Yes, I snuck the Fire Brigade ping pong table in there. Why not? The one firefighter is watching some tv. They have some pizza on the table and a bunkbed in the corner.

48406630962_f5955f7e1f_c.jpg

Hope everyone liked it. I am happier with the result here than I was with Firehouse 23.

Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking.

Nice work. I like the arch over the bay door & the detail on the top. The building is reminiscent of the WV fire station with the smaller building with larger tower. I don’t know if that was intentional, but I like the mix of Fire Brigade & that station. The greenery on the building is a nice touch to break up things & I like the driveway. 

Thanks for the comment. I think fire stations may just look like that. It was definitely not intentional to look WV version. This was inspired by a puzzle I saw that had a side tower. I figured everyone has their own style, so I thought I would throw my own in the mix. Thanks again.

Looking good. I like the 'architectual' part (the two-tone color, decorations and stuff) and the inside as well. a Lot of nice details, and indeed, the greenery is a nice touch too.

Looking really good. I also got the instant vibe of a mashup of the WV fire station with FB, but who cares - it's a great MOC nonetheless, and the fact that you were inspired by a 3D puzzle shows that this is a look that's propably rather common (if two toy manufacturers made something in that vein).

Really nice firehouse. I love the greenery, the architectural details and the ramped driveway to meet the road plate. The hidden feline is a nice touch as well. I don't recall seeing your previous MOC, station 23 though. Its a shame you tore it apart for lack of comments as this build shows you have talent.

10 hours ago, fordtruckin said:

Really nice firehouse. I love the greenery, the architectural details and the ramped driveway to meet the road plate. The hidden feline is a nice touch as well. I don't recall seeing your previous MOC, station 23 though. Its a shame you tore it apart for lack of comments as this build shows you have talent.

Ha! I totally missed the cat in the tree.:laugh: That’s a nice touch for sure. 

Thank you for the kind words. I am overall pretty pleased with this building. I'm sure I will look at it in the future and make some changes, but who knows.

On 12/1/2019 at 1:58 AM, TheLegoDr said:

Fire Brigade was my first modular and it will always hold a special place in my heart...

I’m with you on that except it was also my first set after my dark ages.

I really like this MOC, its like an updated FB with newer smooth techniques.

How much of the original 10197 bricks are used in this build.  Think you did a great job on this build, prefer this over TLG offering.  10197 is always low on my list for the modulars.  With this moc that would change!  You have inspired me to try something similar.

I would have no idea how many of the original building's bricks are used here. There is surprisingly little dark red in the set from what I recall. Other than a similar color scheme (which is hard to bypass considering it is a brick building), the ping pong table, the bell, and water tower, nothing is carried over. The original building has been disassembled for a long time. I wasn't trying to capture anything from it. It just happens to be a known fire station, so I brought attention to it that way.

I prefer making unique buildings these days. I still have multiple modulars in the box because I can't bear to build them since I only want to create my own stuff. So there they sit until I can think of a good use for the pieces.

But I'm glad I can inspire. That's the whole point of building.