Sign in to follow this  
Ross Fisher

[BTSC 619] Rovers' Return

"You watched them crash and burn in Bastion! You saw them rounded up and shipped out by the Provosts! Now, prepare to welcome; straight from the dreaded Chateau D'Ouennes; Oleon's Most Wanted; the impertinent; the incorrigible; the unforgivable; and now under strict new management; It's the OCEAN ELEVEN (Eleven, eleven...)"

Announcer at the Ocean 11's first BTSC 619 game.

The Ocean 11 return!

Well chaps, they're back! And this time the Abbé is in charge! Since player-coach Merde the Murderer went AWOL after the last tournament, his place has been filled by Robin the cabin boy

While the Abbé is a famed disciplinarian, their opponents are scum, villains and foreigners, and the 11 have been promised their freedom if they win. Therefore, they will be playing unfairly. You have been warned...

A 3

M 1

D 5

Edited by Ross Fisher

13 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Therefore, they will be playing unfairly.

:rofl:

I like the beach, the transition from seawater to wet sand and dry sand looks very convincing.

Nice minifigs posing too.

I too like the team alot! And those players have got the right motivation.. We will see how well they play off the chains :laugh:

Another rag tag group of scallywags come to challenge the Brick Seas finest! Win or be burned at the stake, quite the motivation the Padre has got there!

Aye, a fresh start under new management. They might play better if they weren't shackled together.  :pir-wink:   (Although that makes it easier to do a group burning.)  

4 hours ago, dr_spock said:

They might play better if they weren't shackled together.

And risk them running off? Besides, there's a lot you can do tactically with a good length of chain...

A great team introduction! I think you have achieved a lot of background story and character of the team in not that much of text. Please take it as the compliment it is intended to be! :pir-classic:

@Ross Fisher: I took the freedom to assign positions and come up with names for your players, based on actors and their roles in a certain movie:

Spoiler
  1. Brad „Rusty“ Ryan (Keeper)

2. Danielé „Danny“ La Mer (D)

3. "Cabin Boy" Robin (D)

4. Elliot Tishkoff (D)

5. Shaobo „The Amazing“ Yen (D)

6. Carl Bloom (D)

7. Matt Caldwell (M)

8. Bernie Catton (M)

9. Don „Basher“ Tarr (A)

10. Casey Malloy (A)

11. Scott Malloy (A)

12. Abbé François (Coach)

Any complaints should be shouted in my general direction. :pir-grin:

Edited by Darnok

@Darnok my only comment is that Robin is a player, whereas the Coach is Abbé François himself. Also, there's a girl on the team, but one of those could be her. Thanks for filling in the blanks for me!

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

@Darnok my only comment is that Robin is a player, whereas the Coach is Abbé François himself.

Fixed both, I got something wrong about Robin it seems. :pir-oh:

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

Also, there's a girl on the team, but one of those could be her. Thanks for filling in the blanks for me!

The lady is Danielé "Danny" La Mer, spiritual leader of the pack. A feminized version of Mr. Ocean, with "la mer" being a french version of his second name.