Sign in to follow this  
Chenben

New Ship Project

Hi everyone

I work on a new ship project. For the moment i'm thinking that on MLCAD. It will be a 22 gun fregate.

A first general pic of the future model :

bateau1redim.jpg

I want to have a davit anchors on each side and an fonctionnal capstan. I have marked the future passage of the cable. The cross circle on the top of the pics will be the future place of the capstan. I have not create this on MLCAD but I have somes ideas for that

bateau%20cabestan.jpg

I hope you will understand something of my poor english naval vocabulary :pir-sceptic:

I like it but I don't see how the capstan will work. If you turn it one way, the port anchor will go up and the starboard anchor will go down and if you turn it the other way, the same will happen in reverse. Also the capstan is too far into the middle of the ship. overall though, a pleasing MOC. But do you have the bricks to build it in reality? And your English naval vocabulary is fine. Welcome to Eurobricks-the most friendly site on the net!

Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

I like it but I don't see how the capstan will work. If you turn it one way, the port anchor will go up and the starboard anchor will go down and if you turn it the other way, the same will happen in reverse. Also the capstan is too far into the middle of the ship. overall though, a pleasing MOC. But do you have the bricks to build it in reality? And your English naval vocabulary is fine. Welcome to Eurobricks-the most friendly site on the net!

If he attaches both ropes on one side of the capstan they will go up and down at the same time :wink:

Looks good so far Chenben, i like the railings and the way the anchor ropes got outboard.

Will you make wheels under the cannons?

Looking forward to the result! :thumbup:

Yes it's simply for the capstan. But you're right, perhaps it will be too in the middle of the ship.

I will have enought bricks, i'm just waiting for somes orders ... ^^

I don't know if I will put wheels under canons. Perhaps the old small wheels whith a steel axle. I have a lot of theses parts ! lol

I think to change a little bit the prow, and must thinking of the stern of the ship. But I have a little problem on MLCAD, I can only put the parts in horizontal or vertical position.

EDIT : For not doing a double post

This pic show how I see the capstan. Simple but effective (In red : the ropes)

bateau%20cabestan1.jpg

Edited by Chenben

Hmmm. Much better ship then the one I made (tore it apart before deciding to join :pir-cry_sad: ) so yeah, this looks awesome. Good luck on the completion of your ship!

This looks indeed like a very noble project. The color scheme, especially these stripes, looks pretty cool too. :thumbup:

If he attaches both ropes on one side of the capstan they will go up and down at the same time :wink:

It looks like it would work, but when I did something very similar on one of my MOC's the strings got tangled up like nothing else. I will try this method though and see if it makes a difference.

Hi everyone,

I have work on the boat so you will have some pics.

I was out of grey plates, so the deck it's finally black. And i have a big problem with the stern, i don't succeed to do a pretty stern :(

A first overal view of the ship :

IMG_2930redim.jpg

IMG_2931redim.jpg

And details of the bow were ropes will pass

IMG_2932redim.jpg

Great progress Chenben! :thumbup:

The coloring of this ship is awesome looking.

Now that brown (err, i mean rown) is more readily available from official sets it's easier have more brown in our MOCs. :pir-grin:

Thank you Lego! :pir-sing:

Great tumblehome effect too. it's very well done.

Do you have a nationality for your ship yet?

I'd probably consider it a Corvette if it's french or a small frigate otherwise (has more than 20 cannons).

Although I'd put smaller MOC cannons on the top deck.

It's more realistic; plus, it gives you more room on the top.

I suggest 2-E of the 9-12 pounders in then MOC Cannon Index. :pir-wink:

For the stern, are you able to lower it at all, so it's more flush with the gun deck?

Yeah it will look better with lighter canons on the deck. But mu nephew will problably play with, so it's more funny for him with shooting cannons. I xill try to do somes MOC canons, but i think i have not enough parts. And the one you suggest appear the better.

It will be a french ship... yes i'm a little bit chauvinistic like all french :pir-tongue:. I have completelty change the stern and the boat will have 24 cannons, so it's a little frigate like we seen them in the 1780's years.

I have done a lower stern almost ti the deck level with less yellow bricks. It's look better. I have change a little bit the prow too.

But my nephew will probably play with it, so it's more funny for him with shooting cannons.

I've only got 1 shooting cannon. :pir_bawling:

Us americans got ripped off big time with disabled and non-shooters. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Your ship's improvements sound great.

Looking forward to further pics. :thumbup:

Yeah again big change for my ship and news pics ;)

Here the ship in an complete view. The admiral has come to see how the work have advance ! He is happy the construction was fast and the fregate have finally 24 cannons.

IMG_2933redim.jpg

On this pics the new stern, that it's completely different what i have be done the first time. I prefer this ^^

IMG_2936redim.jpg

And the new prow ... i have to work on a figurehead yet

IMG_2937redim.jpg

I can't do somes details like the keep body, i have found only one yellow cone 4589.png. In my memory i had more ... :s

I have to be patient to finalize the boat ^^