Sign in to follow this  
Bodi

[OL-FB] 36-gun frigate "le Hussard"

The captain stood towering on the quarter-deck with his gaze fixed on the horizon. He's to keep a cold and reserved appearence in presence of his crew, but deep inside, he was quite satisfied with his new vessel, a 36-gun frigate built by the Eltina shipyards.

o9tmBn.jpg

okcaEq.jpg

The bow is armed with 4 obusiers de vaisseaux (carronade).

The bulwarks on the waist were pierced with gunports to mount 8 guns of smaller caliber.

In addition to the boat stored amidship, the HUssard has also a gunboat in tow, which can operate in attack or covering a retreat.

A full view of the ship without minifigs.

C&C are welcome. Vive le Roi!

Wow, what an excellent frigate! *oh2* The custom hull for the frigate and rowboats is wonderful and the detailing is nothing less than superb. Those two with the amazing rigging and sails create a very eye pleasing ship from all sides! Also, love the scenes and the anchor (how did you build it?).  Truly a wonderful piece, excellent job! :laugh:

Can't even imagine how long that rigging took. None the less though, you did an outstanding job on it.

Amazing ship. Wish I had the bricks, motivation and skill to make something similar .. 

But at least I have something to dream about :wub:

Two comparison shots between the Hussard and a smaller frigate built with prefab hull (5 midsections).

15753523021_DISPLAY.jpg

15753523032_DISPLAY.jpg

The advantage with a custom hull is we can have a more realistic width/length ratio when building larger ships. But it also requires more bricks.

Another beautiful ship! :excited: So much to look at, so much to like! The overhead views in particular demonstrate just how much effort has gone into hull shaping, which is phenomenally done. Very nice. :thumbup:

Beautiful ship! I always like seeing big builds like this executed well. I quite like the color scheme as well. The blue, red, and yellow work nice with the tan.

On 12/4/2019 at 9:12 AM, Captain Dee said:

Another beautiful ship! :excited: So much to look at, so much to like! The overhead views in particular demonstrate just how much effort has gone into hull shaping, which is phenomenally done. Very nice. :thumbup:

Thank you for you kind comment. Actually when I started building this one, the main focus was trying to find a way to work out a sturdier hull while having the right shape, a lot of bricks went to the base structure, which made the ship quite heavy.:pir-grin: 

On 12/4/2019 at 11:51 AM, LM71Blackbird said:

Beautiful ship! I always like seeing big builds like this executed well. I quite like the color scheme as well. The blue, red, and yellow work nice with the tan.

Thank you LM71Blackbird, the colour scheme is inspired by the Hermione, or more precisely its replica.

Again a really wonderful ship.

As always I love the hull and the way you achieved the bulwark to be red inwards. All the colours together add a lot to the impression.
I also like the that thing below the gallery. The Circle with the three stripes above. Looks cool.

6 hours ago, Wellesley said:

Again a really wonderful ship.

As always I love the hull and the way you achieved the bulwark to be red inwards. All the colours together add a lot to the impression.
I also like the that thing below the gallery. The Circle with the three stripes above. Looks cool.

Thanks Wellesly. That thing below the gallery is supposed to represent that richly ornated curved structure, I don't know the correct term neither.:pir-grin:

Two beautiful ships.

I especially like the stern of the hussard.

And that rigging !

The pics from above show a real attention to the shape of the ship.

Great one !

What’s beauty! Fantastic work as always. 

22 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Two beautiful ships.

I especially like the stern of the hussard.

And that rigging !

The pics from above show a real attention to the shape of the ship.

Great one !

Thanks Professor, glad you like it.

19 hours ago, KotZ said:

What’s beauty! Fantastic work as always. 

Thank you Kotz, long time no see.:pir_laugh2:

*oh2* How on earth have I missed this?!?! Fortunately frontpaging team is here! Great ship all around and the rigging really makes it look like a true gem!

I especially like the photo from above with the two ships in comparison. Really helps to showcase the size.

Vive le Roi!

P.S: You can now decorate it with cristmas led lights for the festivities (because, you know...not every country uses cristmas trees :wink: ). I for once, will do the same with 70413.

Edited by blackdeathgr

12 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

How on earth have I missed this?!?!

Probably because it isn't large enough, it's just a mere frigate, we Oleanders we want first raters.:laugh:

12 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

You can now decorate it with cristmas led lights for the festivities (because, you know...not every country uses cristmas trees :wink: ). I for once, will do the same with 70413.

Very good idea, I've seen some examples with the new Harry Potter castle, dudes lighting the interior with LED lamps, my son would love to see that.

10 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Great ship! :thumbup:

And all that work with the rigging, congrats!

Thank you Captain Braunsfeld. Tying knots maybe tiring, but the effort is worthy, a full rigging could enhance significantly the look, even it's mediocrely done like mine.:pir-grin:

On 12/15/2019 at 5:11 AM, Bodi said:

Thank you Captain Braunsfeld. Tying knots maybe tiring, but the effort is worthy, a full rigging could enhance significantly the look, even it's mediocrely done like mine.:pir-grin:

I don't think this is mediocre by all means - or were you just fishing for compliments? :pir-laugh:

9 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I don't think this is mediocre by all means - or were you just fishing for compliments? :pir-laugh:

Next time maybe, I'll try to fish some with a better rigging.:pir_laugh2:

I love ships of the line like this. Reminds me of vessels I built as a kid (just actually good)