Aurore

[MOC] Mitgardia Advent Calendar

Day 21 : Nordic Bath

Given the climate of the region, no wonder that hot baths are a substantial part of Mitgardian culture.
Be it in natural hot springs or in artificial baths heated by a wooden stove, the tradition is to relax in hot water before jumping in a cold lake - or simply to refresh in the snow.

49111875887_60c470b75d.jpg

49111680216_6a3d8779b2.jpg

Previous | Next

Edited by Aurore

Looking great! That group shot makes it clear once again that this Advent Calendar is very well planned out, and I love it :) 

Also that bonfire looks super cozy 

This is so much fun to watch! I especially love the last two days' builds.  That bonfire is very clever, and the tree looks amazing (though it's definitely bigger than the standard Lego advent mini-build)!

@The Stad Thank you very much!

*hm...indeed, I may have been slightly enhusiastic with the two last builds, that are much bigger than standard Lego advent calendar builds...:blush: 

The snowy tree looks great.  Very clever design.  

Day 24 : Strange Traveller

If you venture on Mitgardian backcountry paths during the winter solstice, you may meet a strange, jolly little man and his dogs.
No one knows who he his or where he comes from. You may chat with him, share your meal or your fire with him, but you won't learn anything about him.
He will give you candies and toys four your kids, and then continue his own way.  
And no one will see him until next year.

This is the last build for this year's Calendar! Thank you all for watching and participating, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

49187683711_ccde9fb210_c.jpg

49187879937_e28644e155_c.jpg

Previous

Edited by Aurore

Hilarious Mitgardian santa and cool idea to go a little bigger for this last day (though the tree was a sizeable piece too!).  It's been fun to see all your little builds, great job sticking with it! :excited:

Excellent advent calendar. This looks professionally done. I like the creativity and the designs are all really good. I like the fact that you went big at the end; my gripe with most of these calendars is that, altogether, they don't really add up to much! Good work.

Awesome jolly man and sleigh, nicely done with the huskies.  He does give off that yule time vibe.  Great job on the whole project.  

Awesome looking tree! The sled also looks very nice. The pulling system is quite genius, and looks good! 

I loved this Calendar! Great work on it!

12 hours ago, Aurore said:

@Kai NRG, @Captain Dee, @zoth33, @Alfadas, @mrcp6d, @(Luc)ky Luke, thank you very much for your support and your comments! And best wishes for 2020. :sweet:

@W Navarre Thank you very much, and best wishes for 2020! I have not planned a complete group shot...I'm not even sure my usual photo setting would be big enough! :laugh: 

And best wishes to you also Aurore in 2020.  great job.  

Lady Aurore, 

I'm still amazed that you've pulled it together so consistently and in such high quality. 

The builds - all of them - are absolutely lovely. It warms my heart to know how much thought you've put in each and every one of these perks. Imagining that all are a piece of Mitgardian history, still being thematic to the holidays period is really inspiring and impressive. 

The last ones (tree and sleigh) are particularly my favorites (although larger). The sleigh has such clever use of parts, still being simple and representing Mitgardian Santa. Lovely! And the tree is incredibly elegant even being of small scale. The bonfire is fantastic too! Super intelligent and efficient build.

I'm still scrolling through all the days and builds and grasping what lasts of the holiday spirit in these pages. 
Amazing work, lady Aurore. Thank you for your lovely contribution. 

Great Mitgardian Santa! Every one of these builds are amazing. I have enjoyed seeing a new one every day, with fun ideas like the Mitgardian bather! My favorites are the last week with the snowy tree and Mitgardian Santa.:dsweet:

Well done making such quality figs so consistently, and it certainly made for very enjoyable viewing :thumbup:
Highlights for me are the pastry stand, bretzel barrel, training dummy, bird feeder, bonfire, and of course the snowy tree.

Loads of great little models that others could easily incorporate in their own scenes, and everything is distinctly Mitgardian :wub: