Aurore

[MOC] Mitgardia Advent Calendar

Day 13 : Light Bearer

On the longest night of the year, most Mitgardian villages celebrate Light : young girls carrying candles walk from house to house to bring back light and hope in the darkest times of winter.
Inspired by the scandinavian Saint Lucy's Day.

49111895677_307234d03c.jpg

Previous | Next

Nice feeder.  I love those small birds, I hope Lego does make them in other colors.  

@zoth33 Thank you! I love those birds too...You may have seen that a blue one will be coming with the 2020 Bookstore modular set, let's hope it will open the path for more recolors! 

Day 16 : Ice Hole

Fishing is much more than just catching fish for dinner. It's also a peaceful moment when a man can meditate, think about the great things in life, and question his place in the universe.
At least, that's what Mitgardian husbands say.

49187186993_8717ed95cb.jpg

Previous | Next

Edited by Aurore

Love all these little builds and the latest is great!  Didn't know they made the bucket handle in black... is that new?

And... are you implying that Mitgardian husbands are ice holes? lol

Day 17 : Migoo

Migoos are discreet, quiet people who live in the Frozen Beyond and northern parts of the Clan Lands. Since they're not very talkative, little is known about their culture and habits. They may or may not be related to yetis...

49111177053_c8c5ed08cf.jpg

Previous | Next

Edited by Aurore

On 12/16/2019 at 12:50 AM, Aurore said:

@zoth33 Thank you! I love those birds too...You may have seen that a blue one will be coming with the 2020 Bookstore modular set, let's hope it will open the path for more recolors! 

I did not see that yet thanks for pointing that out.  

I like Migoos nice fig.  Got to love those chima figs for great parts to use.  

@W Navarre Thank you! I noticed too late that there is only one white Chima Gorilla...Building a tribe (or even just a family) of Migoos would be unfortunately quite challenging! 

@zoth33 Thank you very much! I really like Chima fig parts, they are proving more versatile that I initially thought.

Day 19 : Cosy Burrow

With its distinctive, classy black and white coat, the Great Northern Skunk (Mephitis Borealis) is one of the most recognizable Tundra inhabitants. It is universally known for its ability to spray a liquid with a strong, unpleasant smell when it feels threatened but is, apart from that, a quiet and pleasant little critter. 

49187186943_8bc459bc10.jpg

Previous |Next

Edited by Aurore

Those are amazing! That bird feeder is so cool! the ice hole is super neat, the migoo looks amazing, fish rack is very clever with the hook hands, and the skunk is cute!

@Alfadas Thank you very much! 
PS : I can't take credit for the idea of hanging fish using a hook hand though, I've seen it in several MOCs before...:blush:

Day 20 : Bather

For some obscure reason, pumice ducks are a very popular bath toy in Mitgardia. They are usually painted in yellow or green - in tribute to the Guild's colors.

49111680231_b97be715d5.jpg

Previous | Next

Edited by Aurore

@Yooha It may make more sense tomorrow...:sweet:

@Alfadas When I saw that TLG had made the rubber duckies yellow and green, I could not help but find them a way to Mitgardia! :head_back: