leafan

TLG acquires Bricklink

On 8/3/2020 at 12:57 PM, 1974 said:

TLG bought BL to control the LEGO brand, not to make money. BL is no fat cow ready to milk. Those measly few millions they rack in in fees are nothing compared to the billions TLG makes

But ultimate control of the brand is worth a LOT to TLG, I wager so much they would run BL with a loss if they have to

Cheers,

Ole

Exactly. If you can't control your competitors, then control the market. And they will do it again with other platforms too once they are have a relevant share in the market. Although i understand their behavior from their perspektiv, I don't like the development.

As an owner of a Bricklink store... I'm pretty mad about this. A few months ago they started taking down incomplete minifigs... stupid. The worst part is that it's reported one at a time, and not fairly carried out.LEGO Harry Potter: Marcus Flint (Quidditch Uniform) Minifigure | eBayThis fellow here was taken down from my store because he had no cape. Meanwhile, a bunch of others with no cape are still for sale. Stupid LEGO. Not only that, but you can be suspended if you add it back. They never should have sold Bricklink. What's next, incomplete sets?

2 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

As an owner of a Bricklink store... I'm pretty mad about this. A few months ago they started taking down incomplete minifigs... stupid. The worst part is that it's reported one at a time, and not fairly carried out.This fellow here was taken down from my store because he had no cape. Meanwhile, a bunch of others with no cape are still for sale. Stupid LEGO. Not only that, but you can be suspended if you add it back. They never should have sold Bricklink. What's next, incomplete sets?

Did you state in the description that it was incomplete? And if yours was taken down the other ones will be taken down eventually.

By the way, what is your store name?

45 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Did you state in the description that it was incomplete? And if yours was taken down the other ones will be taken down eventually.

By the way, what is your store name?

Yes. And I know, but I wish they would take them all down at the same time. 

My store name is Swift Brix.

3 minutes ago, caiman0637 said:

Yes. And I know, but I wish they would take them all down at the same time. 

Did you report the other ones?

4 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Did you report the other ones?

No, I don't want to be that guy. But I do wish someone else would.

Just now, caiman0637 said:

No, I don't want to be that guy. But I do wish someone else would.

OK, then did you ask a moderator about why yours was deleted?

Just now, JintaiZ said:

OK, then did you ask a moderator about why yours was deleted?

They said that it was because it was incomplete, but for some reason the others weren't deleted.

7 minutes ago, caiman0637 said:

They said that it was because it was incomplete, but for some reason the others weren't deleted.

I mean, did you say that there were other incomplete ones?

They are only removed if reported, so if you don't report the other ones then they can stay. BL don't actively search for infringing items, they just act on reports.

@caiman0637 I had something taken down on Bricklink recently because I had stated it was incomplete in the description, but I had mistakenly marked it as a complete item. I re-uploaded it with the correct "incomplete" box checked and had no problems.

16 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

@caiman0637 I had something taken down on Bricklink recently because I had stated it was incomplete in the description, but I had mistakenly marked it as a complete item. I re-uploaded it with the correct "incomplete" box checked and had no problems.

But minifigs don't have an "incomplete" option...

12 minutes ago, caiman0637 said:

That is because minifigures are either complete or they are not minifigures, just a few minifigure parts. Bricklink has stated that they will not allow incomplete minifigures, so sell the parts you have as parts.

1 hour ago, caiman0637 said:

1 hour ago, MAB said:

That is because minifigures are either complete or they are not minifigures, just a few minifigure parts. Bricklink has stated that they will not allow incomplete minifigures, so sell the parts you have as parts.

Yikes, that's not cool.

7 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Yikes, that's not cool.

I can see the positive side. It really messes up the price guide when people sell just a head and torso using the minifigure entry and you cannot later find that out. Some people were listing - and getting away with - listing expensive figures put together from bricks and pieces parts but minus the capes as they could not get hold of them. Others were listing them but including fake / custom replacement capes. Now at least you know if a figure has been sold then it was the complete figure.

12 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Yikes, that's not cool.

My point exactly. They better not do that with sets, or I'll boycott LEGO forever.

To be honest I can see why it is not just some stupid rule and it makes sense to me.

Of course that's just my opinion and likely not a very valued one.

44 minutes ago, caiman0637 said:

My point exactly. They better not do that with sets, or I'll boycott LEGO forever.

They are allowing incomplete sets to remain. Although they are removing some incomplete listings when reported if they are only standard parts but missing all the unique important parts for the set. For example, one guy got together all the parts for Yoda's lightsaber apart from the important display tile (and box and manual) and was selling it as an incomplete set.  BL admins decided this was against the spirit of incomplete meaning a set that had lost a few parts and was rather a collection of common parts put together to make money of a apopular set that was missing the one thing that makes that set the actual set. I can understand that too. It undermines the value of real sets if ones missing anything expensive can be sold in their place using the same listing.

2 hours ago, MAB said:

They are allowing incomplete sets to remain. Although they are removing some incomplete listings when reported if they are only standard parts but missing all the unique important parts for the set. For example, one guy got together all the parts for Yoda's lightsaber apart from the important display tile (and box and manual) and was selling it as an incomplete set.  BL admins decided this was against the spirit of incomplete meaning a set that had lost a few parts and was rather a collection of common parts put together to make money of a apopular set that was missing the one thing that makes that set the actual set. I can understand that too. It undermines the value of real sets if ones missing anything expensive can be sold in their place using the same listing.

Oh, that makes sense.

I like that they have removed incomplete figures as this has reduced many many hours of searching for figures or parts as the parts are more numerous and the figures more defined. This has simplified searches for me greatly.