leafan

TLG acquires Bricklink

Just now, pooda said:

@TeriXeri That's a relief. 

So do you think if Lego plays its cards right, we may see a harbor this summer? 

I don't think the bricklink data will directly have a big effect on 2020 sets, unless this negotiation/data analysis have been going on well before the official announcement.

8 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I don't think the bricklink data will directly have a big effect on 2020 sets, unless this negotiation/data analysis have been going on well before the official announcement.

Ok

44 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Achievement Unlocked!

Congratulations! :excited:

Gotta admit I'm a touch jealous. It's such a petty thing but you didn't just get quoted in the Guardian for any old thing but for letting your Lego-nerd flag fly high!

50 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Achievement Unlocked! Quoted in The Guardian. :laugh:

*oh2*

Eurobricks, where serious news outlets go to for authentic AFOL reactions. :laugh:

2 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Don't you get a badge for that?

My family are finding it greatly amusing. 

One of my brothers put it thusly: "Local Woman Angry" 

It is interesting that EB was searched as a source too. 

6 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Congrats.  Interesting that they didn't use your real name. 

Of all the possible news outlets to have your Lego forum username quoted in, The Guardian has to be pretty close to if not the top choice. That's awesome.

9 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Well done! It's very interesting that referencing Eurobricks would put more weight to the argument instead of just going with a Twitter or Facebook quote. Seems like they did a research where all the veteran AFOLs hang out. 

@Peppermint_M Congrats! :laugh::thumbup: 

Obviously this is off-topic, but the article raised two questions with me: who calls it "CrackLink" and who is still angry about the bluish greys?? :wacko:

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

Obviously this is off-topic, but the article raised two questions with me: who calls it "CrackLink" and who is still angry about the bluish greys?? :wacko:

I noticed those two points myself! :laugh:

I remember reading about both in a book about AFOL culture many years ago, maybe the journalist used it as additiona source material! 

4 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Some still do.  I meet my local BL seller in parking lots to hand over cash in exchange for a handful of little plastic bags.   Not that I'm that addicted to BL as a parts source nor old grey with new.  I think I can adjust to change.

17132067289_1ce759499a.jpgDay 120 of 365: Down And Out by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

3 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Some still do.  I meet my local BL seller in parking lots to hand over cash in exchange for a handful of little plastic bags.   Not that I'm that addicted to BL as a parts source nor old grey with new.  I think I can adjust to change.

Day 120 of 365: Down And Out by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

You can stop anytime you want, huh? :tongue:

Edited by Vindicare

On 12/21/2019 at 11:04 PM, dr_spock said:

:snicker: Yeah.. sure... 

On 12/21/2019 at 5:22 PM, Exetrius said:

That is what is found when a journalist google searches for lego problems.

I hope TLG won't interfere too much. Removing copyrighted MOCs is alright to me, since there are better forums for that.

They really need to fix their servers though. The site is slow as crap, and the Want/Buy searching often doesn't work at all.

6 minutes ago, knotian said:

No Problem here.

Thank you very much. Still not working here - neither with Firefox nor with Internet Explorer.

There is an AMA going on at Bricklink.
Go ask your questions of TLG's plans for Bricklink and tell them what you'd like to see happen.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/community/newsview.page?newsid=50

"We will update the LEGO FAQ on an ongoing basis with your most top-of-mind questionsuntil the closing of the AMA on 31st January 2020 at 9AM EST."

On 11/26/2019 at 3:09 PM, leafan said:

I think that the updated Terms & Conditions will be an interesting read.

Things to think about:

• They now have access to any personal details and communications that you've entered into Bricklink.
  • Do they technically own any moc designs created in their studio?

Is there any elaborated information about current stud.io rights things?