pantelis

[Moc] Helms Deep & Minas Tirith

Hi to all folks , it was a long time that i want to take photo of my two Mocs together but i always say ''some other day i have new Moc to make now..''

This days i say its time to do it..So those are my two creations together.. I hope that with the new series of LotR in amazon we will see some new sets because we wait a lot of years to see new Castle sets!!!

49109109967_665cb7884b_k.jpg

49109110832_a7c738307a_k.jpg

49109105072_43e36f3b8b_k.jpg

49108406813_28c3ac9e75_k.jpg

49101015748_2dfa1e5be5_k.jpg

49101721772_937cba6002_k.jpg

49101014458_d5333156b6_k.jpg

49101710117_8adec943de_k.jpg

49101008268_c823eff522_k.jpg

Very nice. I like the way you have the key features of Minas Tirith shrunk down to a more manageable size. Now you just need some Gondor soldiers to defend it! Although I think I prefer Helm's Deep overall, but only because of the random edge based and landscaping compared to the rectangular one for Minas Tirith.

2 hours ago, MAB said:

Very nice. I like the way you have the key features of Minas Tirith shrunk down to a more manageable size. Now you just need some Gondor soldiers to defend it! Although I think I prefer Helm's Deep overall, but only because of the random edge based and landscaping compared to the rectangular one for Minas Tirith.

Thank you Mab for your feedback..yes its true that the random edge gives to Helms more points for the eye.. Maybe a new random edge gives and to the Minas Tirith some more realistic details... Thank you once again..!! 

Nice job on both creations.  I like the mini scale Minas Tirith, looks like the movie version.  Helms Deep is a nice representation of the fortress.  Although I think it's a little too condensed and makes it look a to small in my opinion, especially the deeping wall.  But some nice detailing in the rockwork and the irregular base.  Nice figs too.  

3 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Nice job on both creations.  I like the mini scale Minas Tirith, looks like the movie version.  Helms Deep is a nice representation of the fortress.  Although I think it's a little too condensed and makes it look a to small in my opinion, especially the deeping wall.  But some nice detailing in the rockwork and the irregular base.  Nice figs too.  

Thank you zoth33 for the feedback.. The really is that this 2 creation are in my livingroom in some boxes near the tv.. Haha.. So the wall of helms couldnt be biger than this.. The all box is 63cm so this is the reason!! Thank you one more time for your comments!! 

I don't think the size matters so much - the build is always going to be small compared to the real thing unless you have an incredible amount of storage / display area. I like the way Helm's Deep has a bit of scenery each side, as it gives some context to the location and if you have gone maximum size for your display area, then you have all the details you can fit. I like that it actually has something to protect inside - unlike the official LEGO set!

2 hours ago, MAB said:

I don't think the size matters so much - the build is always going to be small compared to the real thing unless you have an incredible amount of storage / display area. I like the way Helm's Deep has a bit of scenery each side, as it gives some context to the location and if you have gone maximum size for your display area, then you have all the details you can fit. I like that it actually has something to protect inside - unlike the official LEGO set!

I have 2 display boxes 63cm in the livingroom so this 2 creations are inside them so everybody can see them.. At the first i was buy the original set before 2 years and i say.. What i can make with this.. I see a lot at the Google but i say 1st i dont have so many minifigs and 2 i want something to be playable for me.. So after the Helms come to me the idea to build and the Minas.. I hope lego my the Amazon take the feedback that the fans never stop to love Lotr and give as some good sets!! 

Very nice MOCs. They must have been tremendously hard to build. Perfect use of modern design technics without being overdone. Approved!

16 hours ago, Aine said:

Very nice MOCs. They must have been tremendously hard to build. Perfect use of modern design technics without being overdone. Approved!

Thank you very much Aine for your feedback!! iam very glad that you like it..i know that you like the classic castles....me too..hahaha!!!!:classic:

18 hours ago, RyszardBosiak said:

Piece of great work! Scale is great and walls look really good.

Thank you very much RyszardBosiak.. I hope you enjoy the builds...!!!