ks6349

Were some parts never sealed in bag?

Well, you are welcome to have a negative opinion of everyone, but I prefer to think positively. I think that most people do not rob a bank because it is a bad thing to do and would cause fear and problems for normal employees, people just like themselves who do not need a day like that.

I think that fans selling to fans, in the most, would try and do right by their customer. 

I'd say your best chance of 100% perfect and unaltered sets is to travel to the distribution warehouse LEGO owns and purchase a set at the door, fetching it off the shelf yourself and checking it before you go. After all, anyone could have tampered with it otherwise (by the philosophy you have presented).

6 hours ago, ks6349 said:

We can't request the business world to ban return of items after payment, however, as a big services like Amazon / Lego which are the direct providers should at least emphasize to their customers that they will not just sell returned Lego without investigating the contents. 

@ks6349, I think you've brought up this exact same worry a few months ago.  It wasn't a big problem then, and it's not a big problem now.  Walmart and Amazon may be big scary corporations with pretty lax return policies, but the chance that you'll get tampered Lego from them is extremely small.  Bricklink may be a mess of many individual sellers with different policies and practices, but Bricklink sellers aren't out to get you.  The chance that you'll get tampered Lego from them is extremely small.  Don't worry about it.

3 hours ago, icm said:

@ks6349, I think you've brought up this exact same worry a few months ago.  It wasn't a big problem then, and it's not a big problem now.  Walmart and Amazon may be big scary corporations with pretty lax return policies, but the chance that you'll get tampered Lego from them is extremely small.  Bricklink may be a mess of many individual sellers with different policies and practices, but Bricklink sellers aren't out to get you.  The chance that you'll get tampered Lego from them is extremely small.  Don't worry about it.

I am NOT worried about it. Because Lego bricks is not to eat.

BUT, as I have said many times, I am suggesting possibilities that are possible to happen, easy to happen, and the likelihood is unpredictable. I have repeated the reasons for so many times any late comers could easily find in the above message

Edited by ks6349

On 11/30/2019 at 2:20 PM, ks6349 said:

But what I do not agree with you is that "most sellers on Bricklinks are not out to rip people off".

So how many bricklink orders have you placed? And how many of those were fraudulent?

You are incredibly negative about other people. There are many sellers on bricklink with many years, in some cases more than a decade, of experience selling both new and used LEGO. Each seller has a feedback record where it would show if a seller was selling fakes, or was selling boxes that had been opened and the contents removed, or the bags had been opened and the minifigures stolen. And yet you think most sellers on BL are out to rip people off.

Why don't you just stick to buying from LEGO only. You will miss out on the opportunity of buying what you want if you want things that LEGO does not sell, you will miss out on better deals from amazon and other companies, but at least you will know you have dealt only with LEGO. LEGO also accept returns by the way.

None of this is a problem if you open the sets then inform the seller if there is a problem.

19 hours ago, MAB said:

So how many bricklink orders have you placed? And how many of those were fraudulent?

You are incredibly negative about other people. There are many sellers on bricklink with many years, in some cases more than a decade, of experience selling both new and used LEGO. Each seller has a feedback record where it would show if a seller was selling fakes, or was selling boxes that had been opened and the contents removed, or the bags had been opened and the minifigures stolen. And yet you think most sellers on BL are out to rip people off.

Why don't you just stick to buying from LEGO only. You will miss out on the opportunity of buying what you want if you want things that LEGO does not sell, you will miss out on better deals from amazon and other companies, but at least you will know you have dealt only with LEGO. LEGO also accept returns by the way.

None of this is a problem if you open the sets then inform the seller if there is a problem.

Incredibly negative about other people? Then why don't you have your door opened during the night and why do you keep your money in the bank for that incredibly low interest rate? keeping piles of banknotes on your trouser is always more convenient. Everyone is holy and nobody will steal or rob you

19 hours ago, MAB said:

If you are still not convinced. I tell you a fact. 

https://media.weibo.cn/article?id=2309404334619846696997&from=singlemessage&isappinstalled=0

This is what happened in the most popular and the biggest toy shopping center in Hong Kong where there are up to several tens of shops selling only Lego sets. It's the report from a tourist

that he got Lego sets manipulated and bricks are swapped with the sneaky methods we have suggested. You can say that it's another language that you don't understand, you can say that this is a fake report from malicious customers or his competitors. Whatever, I don't mind.

5 hours ago, ks6349 said:

Incredibly negative about other people? Then why don't you have your door opened during the night and why do you keep your money in the bank for that incredibly low interest rate? keeping piles of banknotes on your trouser is always more convenient. Everyone is holy and nobody will steal or rob you

If you are still not convinced. I tell you a fact. 

https://media.weibo.cn/article?id=2309404334619846696997&from=singlemessage&isappinstalled=0

This is what happened in the most popular and the biggest toy shopping center in Hong Kong where there are up to several tens of shops selling only Lego sets. It's the report from a tourist

that he got Lego sets manipulated and bricks are swapped with the sneaky methods we have suggested. You can say that it's another language that you don't understand, you can say that this is a fake report from malicious customers or his competitors. Whatever, I don't mind.

So if one person does something bad and swaps out genuine LEGO for fake, does that mean everyone selling LEGO, everywhere, is also fraudulent? You seem to think so. Even though many BL sellers have years of experience and 100s or 1000s of feedback from customers that have also purchased 100s or 1000s of times, they must be fraudulent as it is possible to open boxes and replace parts almost invisibly. Due to your paranoia, I do not think you should use BL, ebay, amazon, etc. Even LEGO.com sell returns. Just stick to the LEGO store and make sure that you inspect the boxes carefully before paying. They also accept returns, so you might want to keep receipts and open boxes as soon as possible and inspect them.

2 hours ago, MAB said:

So if one person does something bad and swaps out genuine LEGO for fake, does that mean everyone selling LEGO, everywhere, is also fraudulent? You seem to think so. Even though many BL sellers have years of experience and 100s or 1000s of feedback from customers that have also purchased 100s or 1000s of times, they must be fraudulent as it is possible to open boxes and replace parts almost invisibly. Due to your paranoia, I do not think you should use BL, ebay, amazon, etc. Even LEGO.com sell returns. Just stick to the LEGO store and make sure that you inspect the boxes carefully before paying. They also accept returns, so you might want to keep receipts and open boxes as soon as possible and inspect them.

I still buy from Amazon, ebay because there is no way to avoid this problem totally, but problem is problem, I am suggesting the possibilities in which you just do not have enough evidence or support to say that this is unlikely. You are only imagining that you are a doctor and speak your own word saying the other is paranoia. Your purpose behind is debatable

1 hour ago, ks6349 said:

I still buy from Amazon, ebay because there is no way to avoid this problem totally, but problem is problem, I am suggesting the possibilities in which you just do not have enough evidence or support to say that this is unlikely. You are only imagining that you are a doctor and speak your own word saying the other is paranoia. Your purpose behind is debatable

No, I am using mainly feedback at BL and years of experience at BL as both a buyer and a seller. Bad / scam sellers do not last long at BL.