1 hour ago, efferman said:

Gorgeous, i like it.

Thank you! 

23 minutes ago, mpj said:

Very recognizable Volvo FH!

The progress on my model is very slow instead :hmpf:

Thank you! 

You know, the chassis part took quite an amount of time to get it right... I am sure your version will be better :classic:

Great! :thumbup:

I especially like the CV-joint frictionless connection that disengages the HOG driveshaft easily when tilting the cabin and additional 1:3 reduction in the "sleeper" roof. What's the HOG total ratio now? I suppose that it's 12:20 & 1:3 but may miss something.

14 minutes ago, Void_S said:

Great! :thumbup:

I especially like the CV-joint frictionless connection that disengages the HOG driveshaft easily when tilting the cabin and additional 1:3 reduction in the "sleeper" roof. What's the HOG total ratio now? I suppose that it's 12:20 & 1:3 but may miss something.

You got it :classic:

Just now, grego18f said:

You got it :classic:

Nice, so it has a very precise steering now :snicker:.

By the way, I would put the rear tandem axles closer by 1 stud. It was great for the US truck (where wide non-steering spreads are normal) but for EU they could be closer as such type should steer better. Just my own opinion.

26 minutes ago, Void_S said:

You are right. This is why there is a mudguard between the two axles. Don't worry, it won't last long in this configuration :wink:

On 12/3/2019 at 7:30 PM, grego18f said:

I am looking forward to seeing your Granite MHD! Will it be the axle forward Granite as the ones I see on Google Images?

Just a small off-top: 42078's frame surprisingly easily can be converted from set-back to set-forward type and the result looks nice. I'm not sure that it could be used here, as EU trucks are all "set-back" types (really, can't recall any "set-forward" of them) but set-forward F700 and Granite will definitely come once...

34 minutes ago, Void_S said:

(really, can't recall any "set-forward" of them

The old Renault AE 

More news: 

the .io file for the 6x4 tractor unit is done. To obtain it, click here.

Low-resolution renders:

640x565.jpg

640x520.jpg

This time, I tried to build it completely in Studio because of LDD being too restrictive. I found that Studio is the opposite. As a result, there are some collisions here and there... but nothing very visible. You can correct them if you wish! For the latter projects, I will use LDD for the submodels and Studio for the assembly :classic:.

Hope you will like it!

20 minutes ago, Mechbuilds said:

I hope you can make an RC version off of this. 

RC version is not planned because I don't own RC components anymore... But it shouldn't be a problem. Just swap the fake engine with the servomotor and add the drive motors in the side skirts as this has been done on previous Mods on the 42078. 

Edited by grego18f