Eslandola’s new settlement on Maldria continues to work toward self-sufficiency. With the brick-making factory established, the new bricks could be used to build the forge for a blacksmith.

01full.jpg

02full.jpg

The quartermaster from one of the expedition’s ships discusses what they need.

03customer.jpg

Workers take a wagon wheel around to the side of the shop.

04wheel.jpg

The blacksmith at his workbench.

05workbench.jpg

Working on a sword in the forge and at the anvil.

06coals.jpg

07anvil.jpg

-------

A blacksmith for the Eslandolan settlement of Interlagos on Maldria. All C&C welcome.

It's nice to see a blacksmith somewhere besides Castle / Historic themes :pir-wink: .

I really like that forge, especially in that lovely dark red, and again I like the use of grille pieces for texture in the roof. The open-front layout looks quite realistic for the time.

Perhaps the wheel would be more convincing in black, unless you don't have them in that color.

I really like the torso used on the blacksmith, save the lack of sleeves. It seems most Castle MOC 'smiths go sleeveless too, but usually they wore very heavy clothing all over to protect against flying sparks. Otherwise, good build. :thumbup:

I'm going to have to mention the simple, but very eye-pleasing irregularity of the base here.  I'd never dream of just stacking wedge plates right on top of each other like that but it looks great!  Nice interior too.  The whole building has a great colonial look. :thumbup: 

As Kai said, this is definitely eye pleasing! The colors used as well with the overall layout create a very peaceful and pleasant scene. Everything about this build is wonderful! :laugh:

Also, what's the white torso you used for the short sleeved worker? It is a very fitting torso for the pirate theme.

Looking good, the furnace is quite large, as we may expect to see in a blacksmith, and the irregular is worth to be mentioned too, 

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 6:50 AM, Captain Dee said:

It's nice to see a blacksmith somewhere besides Castle / Historic themes :pir-wink: .

I really like that forge, especially in that lovely dark red, and again I like the use of grille pieces for texture in the roof. The open-front layout looks quite realistic for the time.

Perhaps the wheel would be more convincing in black, unless you don't have them in that color.

I really like the torso used on the blacksmith, save the lack of sleeves. It seems most Castle MOC 'smiths go sleeveless too, but usually they wore very heavy clothing all over to protect against flying sparks. Otherwise, good build. :thumbup:

Thanks! It IS fun working with those dark red masonry bricks.

I don't have a wagon wheel in black. I have a couple in gray, but they're too big.

And I did consider changing the arms on the blacksmith, but in the end just went with the way the torso was built. But next time I'll change it. Thanks for mentioning that.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:35 AM, Kai NRG said:

I'm going to have to mention the simple, but very eye-pleasing irregularity of the base here.  I'd never dream of just stacking wedge plates right on top of each other like that but it looks great!  Nice interior too.  The whole building has a great colonial look. :thumbup: 

Thanks. I was happy with how the base turned out. And the interior was key to making this more than a slapped-together build, so thanks for mentioning it!

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:33 AM, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

As Kai said, this is definitely eye pleasing! The colors used as well with the overall layout create a very peaceful and pleasant scene. Everything about this build is wonderful! :laugh:

Also, what's the white torso you used for the short sleeved worker? It is a very fitting torso for the pirate theme.

Thanks! That white torso is a sticker. It is VERY appropriate for the age of sail. Not sure where I printed it from. It might actually be from somewhere on Eurobricks.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:31 AM, Bodi said:

Looking good, the furnace is quite large, as we may expect to see in a blacksmith, and the irregular is worth to be mentioned too, 

Thanks! I was a bit concerned that the forge might be too large, but I couldn't really make it much smaller and have it be convincing.

That is a nice blacksmith Capt! All the above guys covered entirely its sweet spots but I will also note the antennas used as blacksmith tools. Clever idea

I keep thinking that there's a standard torso somewhere with printing similar to that sticker, but maybe with a vest or coat over it. But I can't seem to find it...

24 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

note the antennas used as blacksmith tools. Clever idea

I totally missed that. Clever indeed.

43 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

That is a nice blacksmith Capt! All the above guys covered entirely its sweet spots but I will also note the antennas used as blacksmith tools. Clever idea

Thanks for noticing that! I was really happy when I figured out those would work as tools.