KotZ

MAfia - Day 1 - Take a Look

day1asmall.png
Molly Jackson was walking with her husband Brad through the town square to her book club with their child when she had a bad feeling.

"Babe," she said.

day1bsmall.png

She was right. A masked figure, wearing a non-descript, no game-giving away (no clues in pictures) banana outfited figure attacked them.

"What are you doing?!" Molly shrieked.

"Oh no!" her husband screamed as he was hit multiple times. "It's stale! I'm being beaten by a stale croissant! This is some fabuland-style deaths!"

And then, the figure ran away. Molly ran to her husband, leaving their child unattended in the carriage. "Who was it? Did you see who it was?"

"It was..." Brad started," It was..."

And then Brad expired.

"No!!!" Molly screamed. "That's it, Barbara! I knew it was you this time. That was my fourth damn husband you've killed! I was so close to making it onto Desperate Wives of South Dayton with my book club, but you were too jealous! Your knitting club has to take precedence. I knew you've been after me since the poisoning of my second husband! You'll see!"

day1csmall.png

Molly went to work. She quickly removed the town fountain and established a podium, raising her above the group. She said, "Fellow book club members, we have been infiltrated! After the death of my second husband, I've been cautious of people like Barbara Melvin. i refuse to be like her. She sent someone to kill my darling fourth hubby. And the only way she was successful was by having rats in my perfect bookclub. She sent her own knitting club members into here to spy on us. It's time for us to find out who is a traitor and who is loyal to me and being hip with reading.

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Book Club (Town) or the Knitting Club (Scum). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town. Third-party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player.  Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player).  No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. Failure to vote will incur a 2-vote penalty the following game day.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached after 72 hours. After the day has been concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 20 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the "Off-hour"/night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next "Hour"/day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host, or in PM with any other players. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread. 

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of any of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty for the first offence, and death on your second offence.

12. There are no hints or clues in the day/night images.

Players

kendallkane.png Kendall Kane (Trekkie99)

chelseacaron.png Chelsea Caron (Kristel)

autumnmartin.png Autumn Martin (fhomess)

adamstewart.png Adam Stewart (jimmynick)

karenmcmillan.png Karen McMillan (Hinckley)

mirandabeal.png Miranda Beal (darkdragon)

beckycarroll.png Becky Carroll (Bob)

robertstewart.png Robert Stewart (jackjonespaw)

What kind of a sick bastard would beat somebody to death with a stale croissant? I think we need to search everyone for knitting supplies, starting with needles and yarn. By the way, why is Karen's name in italics? Whatever that means. Is that her real name? Is it an alias? 

So like...I have this thing right? Like OCD or whatever, but for the life of me I just can't stop paying random visits to people at night! Like wat-da-hek am I right??? It's like compulsive or whatever.

:-P

Oh gosh, death by stale croissant, how miserable! Brad and I were golfing buddies, I'll surely miss him...those darn knitters will pay for this! 

1 hour ago, Trekkie99 said:

So like...I have this thing right? Like OCD or whatever, but for the life of me I just can't stop paying random visits to people at night! Like wat-da-hek am I right??? It's like compulsive or whatever.

:-P

Golly, Kendall, that sounds a might dangerous and may I say borderline suspicious? Just hope you're careful...

7 minutes ago, JackJonespaw said:

Golly, Kendall, that sounds a might dangerous and may I say borderline suspicious? Just hope you're careful...

Oh ma gaaawsh! RIGHT???!!!! It's so weird! I just like can't help myself! And then I was sitting here thinking like "Oh. My. Gosh. What if they thought I killed somebody?!" I mean that would just like...suck...ya know? And not just for me but for like you guys as well ya-know? You'd all probably be thinking " Oh ma gosh, she totally killed him with a stale croissant! I mean who even does that?" And I wouldn't like blame you or whatever but still

3 hours ago, JackJonespaw said:

Gosh, admitting to being a pervert by way of introducing yourself to the book club! I suppose there is room in our tent for such people.... Fifty Shades and all.

We must root out the knitting club, who sent a banana-suited figure to crois-ify our sant Brad with a stale pastry. And teach them how to bake better. I've got a book for that, you know.

7 hours ago, Bob said:

By the way, why is Karen's name in italics? Whatever that means. Is that her real name? Is it an alias? 

Maybe it has something to do with the book you made us read, The Star Trek Mafia Game Thingy, where a character a lot like me hated a character named Kyle. That's why my name is Karen. And my stupid son is Kyle and my awful son is Chad. Didn't you even read the book you made us read? I didn't. I never read the books.

Why is FABULAND being disparaged??

This feels just like the new chapter of a book, confusing and rambling. So sad to see Brad gone, he was going to get some discounted shelving for my book collection. I guess I'll be paying full price now. What's this deal with Kendall though, why is she blurting things out like that already? We just walked in the door, maybe she could use a nice chamomile tea.

2 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Gosh, admitting to being a pervert by way of introducing yourself to the book club! I suppose there is room in our tent for such people.... Fifty Shades and all.

We must root out the knitting club, who sent a banana-suited figure to crois-ify our sant Brad with a stale pastry. And teach them how to bake better. I've got a book for that, you know.

There are probably a few perverts in a small town like this.

49 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

This feels just like the new chapter of a book, confusing and rambling. 

It does, doesn't it.  I love a good whodunit!

3 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

Why is she blurting things out like that already?

Cause like I have this thing that doesn't really help us, and could actually cause confusion! So like why keep it a secret ya know?

4 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Maybe it has something to do with the book you made us read, The Star Trek Mafia Game Thingy, where a character a lot like me hated a character named Kyle. That's why my name is Karen. And my stupid son is Kyle and my awful son is Chad. Didn't you even read the book you made us read? I didn't. I never read the books.

Why is FABULAND being disparaged??

I don't actually read the books, I just count the votes at the end of the chapters and hope that nothing gets messed up. 

2 hours ago, Kristel said:

:look:

3 hours ago, Kristel said:

Well I certainly hope not, Chelsea. Gosh, you've got me blushing at the very thought. I brought my family here for some small town piece and nice golf courses...mainly the golf courses, but this whole rut has got me questioning everyone. Not only who is in the knitting club, but who here is a pervert!

Maybe we should start by checking everyone's pockets or purses for knitting needles...my PGA tour men's golf performance flat front pants size 36 definitely wouldn't be able to hide anything like that. You'd be able to see the outline of it through my pants, and believe me, there's no knitting needle there!

So like, I wouldn't have any knowledge whatsoever of this being a touchy subject or whatever, but like, do we want a lynch today?

Wow, Imagine if I got lynched for asking that? LoL I mean that would be like so funny.

4 hours ago, Kristel said:

It does, doesn't it.  I love a good whodunit!

OMG!  That gives me the best idea...

we could...

WRITE OUR OWN BOOK!!!!

We can take this whodunit and make a book of it.  Wouldn't that be so cool!  I wonder who else has secrets to share without sharing their secrets.  I have one, but it's too good not to share... so I'm gonna share it anyway.  Seriously... I mean, it's kind of surprising and most people don't know this but well, here goes... This hair of mine... not my real hair color.  I know, shocking isn't it!

Also... that croissant must be really old.  It practically looks like it's made of plastic.

5 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

So like, I wouldn't have any knowledge whatsoever of this being a touchy subject or whatever, but like, do we want a lynch today?

Wow, Imagine if I got lynched for asking that? LoL I mean that would be like so funny.

Aw... you just got real.  Boo.

Why would you get lynched for asking that?  I don't think that'd be funny at all.

I'm generally in favor of a lynch.

19 hours ago, KotZ said:

Kendall

19 hours ago, KotZ said:

Carroll

19 hours ago, KotZ said:

Caron

19 hours ago, KotZ said:

Karen

I'm not sure I can keep up with all these names! And I'm not sure the baristas will be able to when we do our coffee run! All the cups will come out saying "Kenroll" or something and we'll have to resort to tasting the drinks to tell whose is whose.

2 hours ago, fhomess said:

This hair of mine... not my real hair color.  I know, shocking isn't it!

And my bouffant is secretly a toupee! Tee hee!

16 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Cause like I have this thing that doesn't really help us, and could actually cause confusion! So like why keep it a secret ya know?

What the Kyle are you talking about?

On 11/21/2019 at 7:18 PM, Trekkie99 said:

It’s barely during Day One and already I find your tone suspect. Despite your night action claim you also seem to be daring people to vote for you.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

It’s barely during Day One and already I find your tone suspect. Despite your night action claim you also seem to be daring people to vote for you.

Let this not be construed as a defense of Kendal Kendyll Candel Kendall, but I think she is referring to a story that you wrote featuring a short-lived Vulcan. Per her claim she seems to be a compulsive Peeping Tom  (or maybe she's a lying Jester) :def_shrug: but claiming this early indicates she may worry there is a tracker or watcher in our milieu. But why would you a priori guess we have one of those if we are only eight to begin with?

7 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Per her claim she seems to be a compulsive Peeping Tom  (or maybe she's a lying Jester) :def_shrug: but claiming this early indicates she may worry there is a tracker or watcher in our milieu. But why would you a priori guess we have one of those if we are only eight to begin with?

Yeah I'm a compulsive visitor. I've assumed that my role can't be useless to the point that there's no one who can even see me visiting people in the night, so maybe my role is for causing confusion. Either way I just thought claiming first thing was the best choice.

And like I didn't want to be pushy or anything, but seriously, we're like, running out of time you know?! So like, no hard feelings or whatever, but I'm going to vote for Karen, Since she is clearly not paying attention to what I was saying! SMH! :hmpf: 

Vote: Karen McMillan (Hinkley)

Ah goodness, I'll admit, with such low numbers as we have in the Book Club right now, voting someone out and on top of that potentially having someone be assaulted by the croissant-wielding bananaman...suddenly we've lost 25% of our number if we play our cards correctly.

13 hours ago, Bob said:

I will admit, I find Becky's point here strong, but...gosh, I don't know. 

3 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

And like I didn't want to be pushy or anything, but seriously, we're like, running out of time you know?! So like, no hard feelings or whatever, but I'm going to vote for Karen, Since she is clearly not paying attention to what I was saying! SMH! :hmpf: 

Definitely feeling like this is voting for voting's sake, which I'm never in love with. Something about Kendall's actions just rub me the wrong way. 

If Kendall is a member of the knitting club (God forbid!) then coming out and saying she is a compulsive visitor could get her protected during the night, leaving one of our number to get croissainted. And if she's a nice member of the book club, then she's almost certainly singled herself out for a croissant, unless she's protected. At the very least, she's put a target on her back.

3 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Either way I just thought claiming first thing was the best choice.

Can you go into more detail as to why, as opposed to giving it a night and seeing what you can find out?

Sorry, I mean incorrectly at the end of my first sentence. *huh*

24 minutes ago, JackJonespaw said:

Definitely feeling like this is voting for voting's sake, which I'm never in love with. Something about Kendall's actions just rub me the wrong way. 

Oh for Gosh sake it's day one of course I'm voting for voting's sake! If ya'll wanna get penalized that's fine by me but I ain't joining ya.

28 minutes ago, JackJonespaw said:

Can you go into more detail as to why?

Already did honeybunch. My role is useless, and if someone see's me they might waste their time on me. There's no risk to town if I claim (again, because my role is useless), and day one is the best time to claim since nothing much else of importance is being discussed on day one. It also is good for generating discussion.

39 minutes ago, JackJonespaw said:

Sorry, I mean incorrectly at the end of my first sentence. *huh*

Or not??? :devil_laugh:

6 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Yeah I'm a compulsive visitor. I've assumed that my role can't be useless to the point that there's no one who can even see me visiting people in the night, so maybe my role is for causing confusion. Either way I just thought claiming first thing was the best choice.

So you're complaining about someone complaining about your claim, then say we're running out of time when we still have plenty of time, then throw your vote on someone you haven't interacted with up to this point?  :wacko: This is more confusing than the initial uncalled for role claim.

2 hours ago, JackJonespaw said:

And if she's a nice member of the book club, then she's almost certainly singled herself out for a croissant, unless she's protected. At the very least, she's put a target on her back.

How exactly does a claim of a useless role make her a target for the knitting club?  In a small book club like this, they probably already know who is with them and who is not. A seemingly worthless book club role like what was claimed is actually a very useful role for them and they would not want to kill her.  Your logic here is flawed, possibly to try and confuse people but maybe you are just confused yourself? :pir-look:

I am not voting yet because I am not sure who's suspicious statements are most suspicious. There is still plenty of time left today to actually think about things.

56 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

How exactly does a claim of a useless role make her a target for the knitting club?  In a small book club like this, they probably already know who is with them and who is not. A seemingly worthless book club role like what was claimed is actually a very useful role for them and they would not want to kill her.  Your logic here is flawed, possibly to try and confuse people but maybe you are just confused yourself? :pir-look:

I am not voting yet because I am not sure who's suspicious statements are most suspicious. There is still plenty of time left today to actually think about things.

Gosh, maybe I am confused - is it a useless role? I've been out of town for a while now, and I could be misremembering some of the roles. I'll have to do some research and see if I'm confusing things.