1 hour ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

It's great. Slight criticism: the bridges should be wider than the sleepers. If you can spare the parts, I would bulk them up a bit.

I did a bit more research on small bridges ... you are correct. However ..... this MOC has become a black hole in my Lego room and I have changed the overall design several times trying to come up with new ways to build this thing using the parts I have available. I do have the brown pieces to make the change. So, it would be an issue of laziness or how much work it would take to make the change.

Thanks for the info on those UV printed tiles.

It seems someone else is also lazy making a railway bridge wider than the sleepers and doing maintenance.  :laugh:

tumblr_mlwljpghd11s7e0yco1_1280.jpg

2 hours ago, Terry Akuna said:

I did a bit more research on small bridges ... you are correct. However ..... this MOC has become a black hole in my Lego room and I have changed the overall design several times trying to come up with new ways to build this thing using the parts I have available. I do have the brown pieces to make the change. So, it would be an issue of laziness or how much work it would take to make the change.

While it might be uncommon, there are still a few bridges like that in service over small spans. I can think of at least one, though they added a two plank walkway + railing on one side.

Great scene BTW, especially the attention paid to the water.

Very nice work! I really love the detail some people put into their scenery. My budget and layout size limit what I can do. Your friend makes some nice prints! I won't be buying those 1x1's at $1usd each, but several others piqued my interest. 

For the record, the last two train bridges I walked, both in the last 12 months, the sleepers stuck out the sides like yours do. Honestly every train bridge I've walked has probably looked similar to yours. Keep up the good work. 

Abandoned train bridges

10 hours ago, sed6 said:

Very nice work! I really love the detail some people put into their scenery. My budget and layout size limit what I can do. Your friend makes some nice prints! I won't be buying those 1x1's at $1usd each, but several others piqued my interest. 

For the record, the last two train bridges I walked, both in the last 12 months, the sleepers stuck out the sides like yours do. Honestly every train bridge I've walked has probably looked similar to yours. Keep up the good work. 

Abandoned train bridges

Sed6 .... if you are looking for large qty of those 1x1 wood grain tiles email or message on FB.

On 11/22/2019 at 1:00 AM, sed6 said:

Your friend makes some nice prints! I won't be buying those 1x1's at $1usd

I think this as well ... @Terry Akuna does he offer a bulk rate?

You have actual wood tiled sleepers!  Wow.  Looks great.  Hey, what are the white 6 by 6 panels in the back of your moc for?  They might just be foundation.  Just curious.  

17 hours ago, LegoDW said:

You have actual wood tiled sleepers!  Wow.  Looks great.  Hey, what are the white 6 by 6 panels in the back of your moc for?  They might just be foundation.  Just curious.  

The white panels are the foundation wall at the back side of the module. I have a few in the center as supports as well.