Sign in to follow this  
koalayummies

[MOC] Ambulance and Fire Truck

The fire department has invested in a pair of new emergency response vehicles.

49096924441_2d713e3537_b.jpg

The new firefighting apparatus is a quintuple combination ladder and engine. Capable of aerial device, pump, tank, hose lines and ground ladders.

49096415248_00a9c0bea6_b.jpg

The ambulance is a Type 1 configuration on a truck chassis similar to the engine with advanced life support capabilities.

49097121072_e278950924_b.jpg

Once inside the ambulance the crew can begin valuable life saving medical aid.

49097121112_05348476fd_b.jpg

49097121137_f828f368e0_b.jpg

49096415408_e79cb4d469_b.jpg

Edited by koalayummies

2 hours ago, Alex B Sign said:

Very nice build ! Congrats !!

Thanks Alex B!

2 hours ago, peedeejay said:

These are great! I especially like that the ambulance has an interior.

Thanks Peedeejay. Yeah it was essential to include an interior and really wanted the stretcher piece to fit as well. Its always a tight fit in 6/7 wide.

44 minutes ago, Bornin1980something said:

You certainly have an original house style. Very American. What was your real world inspiration?

Thanks Bornin1980something. Yeah the inspiration is American emergency apparatus and ambulance. The engine is based off of American 'Quint' style fire apparatus (loosly based off KME/Peirce/Rosenbauer etc they're all very similar in appearance) and the ambulance is based off all of the North American style boxy ambulances (from a handful of manufacturers they all look basically the same). I find I get better results building in the style of a particular vehicle for City rather than to trying to make an exact replica. The livery is something I've used before but is similar to FDNY color scheme.

Very nice. As Tim Conway would say, those are "koala-ty" builds. Good job packing so many details into relatively small packages. Keep it up.

Gosh, these are really flash with the pearl gold details. They're great builds, excellently presented too.

Fantastic! Never seen an ambulance with that kind of baroque fanciness on the front but who cares, both are lovely

Looks great, like the whole design and colorscheme looks good too.
Complete with a lot of flashing lights ... and dog :classic:
Those weird things on the front is a nice detail.

Beautiful design! I wish I had one of these when I was a kid :)

Edited by adwind

On 11/20/2019 at 5:05 PM, Captain Dee said:

Very nice. As Tim Conway would say, those are "koala-ty" builds. Good job packing so many details into relatively small packages. Keep it up.

Lol thanks Captain Dee!

On 11/20/2019 at 8:10 PM, jimmynick said:

Gosh, these are really flash with the pearl gold details. They're great builds, excellently presented too.

On 11/20/2019 at 11:12 PM, Man with a hat said:

Oh. Nice. Actually quite impressive. The colour scheme and details are really perfect here.

20 hours ago, chrisb2012 said:

Absolutely brilliant, really look the part and the ambulance with the interior is great!

11 hours ago, Merlict said:

Fantastic! Never seen an ambulance with that kind of baroque fanciness on the front but who cares, both are lovely

Thank you all of you. Yeah the pearl gold trimmings are an homage to how spotless and pristine firefighters keep their equipment and apparatuses. They take such pride in keeping everything so clean and shiny.

8 hours ago, neonic said:

Looks great, like the whole design and colorscheme looks good too.
Complete with a lot of flashing lights ... and dog :classic:
Those weird things on the front is a nice detail.

Thanks Neonic.

2 hours ago, adwind said:

Beautiful design! I wish I had one of these when I was a kid :)

Thanks Adwind. That's a lot of the mindset during the building, what would I have liked as a kid. Especially with all of the pieces and colors we have access to now versus back then.

I really like the design of these - they somehow look like enhanced and highly detailed versions of City vehicles, as if there were a product line of vehicles made especially for, say, modular purposes, yet very playable. Also the built stripes are a great touch.

My only complaint would be that I think the 6w ladder is too narrow compared to the 6w/7w ambulance and looks a bit tall, also when the wheel size is taken into account. I guess 7 or even 8w (and maybe larger wheels) would look better on this one. 

(However, I'm glad not to find a link to Ideas here - not because they aren't better than at least 95 percent of similar stuff there, but just because such sets don't have a chance anyway and it is nice to see that there are still moccers on EB pursuing their own ideas instead of looking for potential buyers of their works. But that's just me.)

On 11/24/2019 at 9:11 PM, bricksboy said:

It is fabulous. Good job. 

14 hours ago, jabbar_hussain12 said:

A good representation of serving humanity.

Each department is doing their job and serving humanity by saving their life and helping them how much they can.

Everything in pictures is attractive and have a sign for us to help others.

Thanks the both of you!

3 hours ago, ER0L said:

I really like the design of these - they somehow look like enhanced and highly detailed versions of City vehicles, as if there were a product line of vehicles made especially for, say, modular purposes, yet very playable. Also the built stripes are a great touch.

My only complaint would be that I think the 6w ladder is too narrow compared to the 6w/7w ambulance and looks a bit tall, also when the wheel size is taken into account. I guess 7 or even 8w (and maybe larger wheels) would look better on this one. 

(However, I'm glad not to find a link to Ideas here - not because they aren't better than at least 95 percent of similar stuff there, but just because such sets don't have a chance anyway and it is nice to see that there are still moccers on EB pursuing their own ideas instead of looking for potential buyers of their works. But that's just me.)

Thanks ER0L! I agree that the best fire truck MOCs are 8-wide but I just have a preference for the current city standard of 6 wide. I may break apart the fire truck and try it out as 8 wide as I've always wanted to give it a try. They certainly do look the best in terms of scale since fire apparatus are downright huge compared to most other vehicles found in a city.

And yeah I haven't submitted a single thing to Ideas and you probably won't ever see that from me. Aside from the fact that 99% of what I MOC is part of an existing or previous-but-no-longer-approved theme, and I'm just not a huge self promoter or social media user but most importantly I'm in it for the fun of building and the sharing of said builds for inspiration. Thanks again!