Murdoch17

Classic Space ambassador spaceship LL99 (Naboo Royal star-ship MOD)

This model was originally a @hachiroku model of the the Nubian Royal Star-ship from Star wars Episode I (The Phantom Menace), as seen here. I followed his instructions and gave it my own twist with bulkier engines, elongated fuselage and a blue color streak or three, along with bumblebee stripes for the official neo-Classic Space look. Speaking of engines, these "glow" trans-orange whereas the original model didn't have any afterglow color. I also added radar dish pieces to them, as it wouldn't be classic space without these parts, would it?

49766074841_982f6c5436_z.jpg

The ship is owned by Classic Space Ambassador and vintage 1978 white-suited astronaut Jenny, who uses the ship to conduct meetings with just-discovered worlds to talk to them about membership in the Lego Space Congress. They don't have to join with the Classic Space forces, as they can represent themselves (in the League of Non-Aligned Worlds) or join another force such as the Roboforce Alliance, M-Tron Company, Futuron Generational Holdings, Neo Nexus Force, The UFO and Insectoid Leagues, among many others.

49765540348_a3eea7ea46_z.jpg

Usually, Jenny travels with a flotilla of other ships representing a smorgasbord of interests such as those listed above from across the Milky Way. (and beyond!) to each new world, where they each have five Galactic-standard minutes to state there case for their league, and why the world in question should join them. The world can then vote to join a established group, not join any and remove itself from the forum completely in self-imposed seclusion, or join the League of Non-Aligned Worlds. (This league of last resort is a patchwork of rebel colonies, drifting moons, mining asteroids, and separate worlds that is sadly the dumping ground for "everyone else" in the Space Congressional system. It is so fractured that they don't even have a appointed leader, but several semi-leaders of different categories of their members. As no-one is above anyone else, it's pure chaos in that section of the bureaucracy!)

49766403582_54a1bf64cb_z.jpg

The inside of the ship, with one part missing from under the glass dome at the rear (the stellar map of the Lego Galaxy) In front of the cockpit is a storage area for cargo or consumables and the loading ramp. The ship has two forward-facing laser blasters under the main wedge shaped-front end, and three landing legs. The cargo area lifts away, while the passenger area roof folds open 90 degrees or so. This ship seats three figures, too. As usual, the Classic Space logo goes on 4 x 2 nose slope piece.

49778672281_c2dd45c926_z.jpg

There are two of these little helper bots to populate the inside of the cargo bay of Ambassador Jenny's ship. They are identical, and fit nicely in the space if the antenna is folded in front forward when stored inside the ship. (Only one of the two droids is shown here next to Jenny.)

Hopefully this will be built at some point in 2020, as soon as I can find funds...  but until then, parts are slowly being accumulated from my storage containers.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Murdoch17

6 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

This model was originally a @hachiroku model of the the Nubian Royal Star-ship from Star wars Episode I (The Phantom Menace), as seen here. I followed his instructions and gave it my own twist with bulkier engines and a blue color streak or three, along with bumblebee stripes plus a logo piece on the nose (seen here ) for the official neo-Classic Space look. Speaking of engines, these "glow" trans-orange whereas the original model didn't have any afterglow color. I also added radar dish pieces to them, as it wouldn't be classic space without these parts, would it?

Nice! Awesome MOD right there Murdoch!!! :thumbup: :sweet: Only last week I'd just learned of @hachiroku's model after seeing a rebuild of it by @darththeling... :classic:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

On 11/20/2019 at 5:46 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Nice! Awesome MOD right there Murdoch!!! :thumbup: :sweet: Only last week I'd just learned of @hachiroku's model after seeing a rebuild of it by @darththeling... :classic:

SNIP

I saw @darththeling's model too! His model inspired me to get going on my version.

49102811477_6532d81b0c_z.jpg

I just finished redoing the first post, with a longer-bodied main ship and a CS version of the Naboo N-1 star-fighter from 2015. What do you think of it now, @Digger of Bricks?

9 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

I just finished redoing the first post, with a longer-bodied main ship and a CS version of the Naboo N-1 star-fighter from 2015. What do you think of it now, @Digger of Bricks?

Looking pretty good! :classic: I think my favorite touch has to be the Bright Blue "ribbing" added to the engines of both the starship and the fighters... :thumbup:

Ok, so I revised the engines' look and inside seating arrangements. What do you guys think?

49095834007_6bc2bbf797_z.jpg

49095834082_717f619d24_z.jpg

The old version (outside and in)...

49766074841_982f6c5436_z.jpg

49766403582_54a1bf64cb_z.jpg

...the new version (outside and in).

Thoughts?

Edited by Murdoch17

Looks good! I kind of prefer the old version of the engines, as it seems to match the sleek style of the hull more closely.  The new interior's side-by-side rear seating really makes the cabin look more spacious! :thumbup:

On 4/12/2020 at 5:29 PM, Pdaitabird said:

Looks good! I kind of prefer the old version of the engines, as it seems to match the sleek style of the hull more closely.  The new interior's side-by-side rear seating really makes the cabin look more spacious! :thumbup:

Thanks, I revised the engine's outer lines again to be more like before. I agree with you, it does look better that way.

49777723051_c12cdd384a_z.jpg

I also started pulling parts out of my bins to see how many I had for the former Naboo Royal starship-turned Classic Space Ambassador's ship. Only 423 left to go!