Sign in to follow this  
The Brick Boss

Can someone please give me a good reason for why I should pick this up? I see that it is recieving a lot of hate unlike the other police stations. I would've put this on the 2020 City page, but I fee this is something to discuss on my own forum. l

Police-Station-60246.jpg

Edited by pooda

There are two reasonable cars / trucks and a police motorbike. And they are not skinny 4-wide ones either.

There is a modern style police station.

There is a nice new British Bulldog.

The set has both a light brick and a light and sound brick.

There are seven police/crook minifigures.

There is a number of play features, obviously driving the trucks, the break-out of jail play feature, the motorbike chase, flying the drone, the search light, plus other play features in the police station.

It looks quite simple to build for six year olds.

If a number of those features are of interest to you, then I'd buy it. If not, then I wouldn't buy it. But like most LEGO sets, if you need to ask someone else why you should buy it then chances are it is not for you.

@MAB To be fair though, this and the bank set would be the only reasonable buys for me from the police sets. Maybe even the helicopter chase. 

Yes, I understand the target demographic now is children who can get bored really easily and I've got kids too so I do kinda understand. For our City, we prefer simple and playable builds though. That's why we don't do modulars. 

I don't hate police sets like you all think I do. But....there are times when we'd like to see something different. Not just different types of rescue situations and exploration. But different types of work subthemes. 

13 minutes ago, pooda said:

For our City, we prefer simple and playable builds though.

So this set probably fits the bill perfectly if you are after a police station and like the design. It appears to be quite simple and has some decent play features.

I wouldn't buy it for myself, this is too simple for anything I'd want and it is not the sort of thing I'd buy as a basis for a MOC. I also wouldn't buy it for my son (11) as it is too simple for him and he is looking towards sets for higher age ranges. And my daughter (8) wouldn't be interested. But 5 or 6 years ago, I would have purchased it for my son, if the price was right. It looks like a decent set for the lower end of the intended age range.

Edited by MAB

12 minutes ago, MAB said:

So this set probably fits the bill perfectly if you are after a police station and like the design. It appears to be quite simple and has some decent play features.

Tbh, I'm stuck between that one and this one. Both of them involve Duke Detain. My children are adopted and both of my boys love Duke Detain. I have a daughter, but Freya is her favorite. I can see why tho. 

lego-city-2020-60270-002.jpg

Edited by pooda

3 hours ago, pooda said:

Tbh, I'm stuck between that one and this one. Both of them involve Duke Detain. My children are adopted and both of my boys love Duke Detain. I have a daughter, but Freya is her favorite. I can see why tho. 

lego-city-2020-60270-002.jpg

Maybe go for the bigger one and then order Freya online?

On 11/20/2019 at 1:26 PM, KotZ said:

Maybe go for the bigger one and then order Freya online?

Nah! My daughter already has the Fire Chief Response Truck. She's got a Freya. 

Edited by pooda

For me, I'm not 100% decided on what police station to get yet, but, I do want one for my City as I got none atm.

I only started collecting Police, Fire, and Medical sets this year, and I have the Hospital/Fire Stations already.

The small box does seem to offer good value (assuming retail price is €40 at most), but on the other hand it's only 4 studs deep.

While the larger station is bigger and deeper at what looks to be a 16x8 studs jail and office, the garage parts just seem very shallow as well.

Of course it also depends on how deep discounts go.

It's still too early , often I think I want sets when they are revealed, but end up not getting them at all after some months.

After Nexo Knights ended I'm more selective on what sets to get, and even skipped City/Creator sets in 2019 that I was actually very positive about before and after reviews, LEGO simply has so many sets nowadays.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

For me, I'm not 100% decided on what police station to get yet, but, I do want one for my City as I got none atm.

I only started collecting Police, Fire, and Medical sets this year, and I have the Hospital/Fire Stations already.

The small box does seem to offer good value (assuming retail price is €40 at most), but on the other hand it's only 4 studs deep.

While the larger station is bigger and deeper at what looks to be a 16x8 studs jail and office, the garage parts just seem very shallow as well.

Of course it also depends on how deep discounts go.

Same here! I just started collecting the rescue sets. Up until 2018, I was only collecting civilian stuff like the gas stations, town plan sets, bus stations and hospitals. My first rescue set was the coast guard headquarters. Then I got the fire station in 2019. So I do need a police station. That isn't really a garage. Looks more like a front gate. That's what I'd use it for.