Digger of Bricks

LEGO Sci-Fi 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Maple said:

First thing I noticed is we finally get the non broken helmet in blue. So happy.

Also, 71710 Ninja Tuning Car has a few parts and part recolors that may also be interest to Spacers, namely including that pentagonal windshield in Trans-Pink, the Atlantis helmet visors recolored in Trans-Neon Orange, while those new Trans-Neon Green blade pieces kinda have an Insectoid vibe about them... :shrug_oh_well:

lego-ninjago2020-71710-002-e1574171005523.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Also, 71710 Ninja Tuning Car has a few parts and part recolors that may also be interest to Spacers, namely including that pentagonal windshield in Trans-Pink, the Atlantis helmet visors recolored in Trans-Neon Orange, while those new Trans-Neon Green blade pieces kinda have an Insectoid vibe about them... :shrug_oh_well:

 

If anyone's interested in those blade pieces it's worth mentioning that they also appear in Trans-Neon Orange in 71712 Empire Temple of Madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Also, 71710 Ninja Tuning Car has a few parts and part recolors that may also be interest to Spacers, namely including that pentagonal windshield in Trans-Pink, the Atlantis helmet visors recolored in Trans-Neon Orange, while those new Trans-Neon Green blade pieces kinda have an Insectoid vibe about them... :shrug_oh_well:

 

I think you mean hexagon. :tongue:

I have spent the last 20 years trying to forget Insectoid so shhhhhh. :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hot damn. This is amazing. I need all of those.

Objectively Ninjago is probably one of the best themes of all time. But 2020 looks particularly great. And very 80's retro-futuristic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, danth said:

Objectively Ninjago is probably one of the best themes of all time. But 2020 looks particularly great. And very 80's retro-futuristic. 

It's very much a Cyberpunk wave for this theme in the truest sense of the word, with quite the heavy Tron 1982/Ready Player One vibe. :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It's very much a Cyberpunk wave for this theme in the truest sense of the word, with quite the heavy Tron 1982/Ready Player One vibe. :classic:

Just in time for Cyberpunk 2077:laugh:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe this Ninjago wave could be remotely compared to some 2018 Nexo Knight cyber vampire faction ideas, but for me this is far away from Year 1/2 Nexo Knights , maybe it's just not cohesive enough.

I do like the return of a lot of neon yellow and orange, but the most interesting sets to me seem to the be the arcade machines and I get some distant Insectoid Vibe on the Cyber Dragon, possible due to the yellow wing elements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next year's TIE and X-Wing fighters from The Rise of Skywalker also have some parts that might be of interest to Spacers, namely the TIE Dagger's Trans-Red canopy with new prints and a very nice new bow piece in Light Bluish Grey debuting with the X-Wing... :classic:

PromoBricks - LEGO Star Wars: Pictures and Info About the First Sets of 2020

lego-star-wars-2020-75272-003.jpglego-star-wars-2020-75273-003.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really want to make fun of those SW designs.

"Ooh the Tie fighter wings are now TRIANGLES! SO NEW AND DIFFERENT!"

The same old thing with minor tweaks and color changes. And yet...I kinda like and want these sets. Especially that X-Wing. Those colors are super 70's in a good way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, danth said:

"Ooh the Tie fighter wings are now TRIANGLES! SO NEW AND DIFFERENT!"

And so many more wing shapes possible to bolt on a TIE cockpit! :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2019 at 4:03 PM, Maple said:

First thing I noticed is we finally get the non broken helmet in blue. So happy.

Looks to be the old-style helmet, not the one with a thicker chin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Looks to be the old-style helmet, not the one with a thicker chin.

It's the "New Old" helmet; it's new with a thick chin strap but doesn't have the "lip" on the chin strap like the mid-80's one.

It's shown on the right below. The mid-80s thick chinstrap is on the left.

LEGO-70841-Bennys-Space-Squad-Yellow-Cla

Here's the oldest Space helmet with the thin chin strap:

250?cb=20110617152242

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Say, would anyone here find use for these new "living pods" from the upcoming DreamWorks Trolls theme for their "spaceshiping" needs by any chance? :shrug_oh_well:

 

I was looking at those! I love trans purple, but the shape is a bit curvy. I wonder how weird it would look as a windscreen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with most of you

 

This NexoNinjago wave is simply spectacular. Very well executed

In a time when gaming is hurting LEGO sales, they made a gaming-themed wave to get some of that money. This Ninjago theme totally needed an app similar to Hidden Side's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, danth said:
21 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Say, would anyone here find use for these new "living pods" from the upcoming DreamWorks Trolls theme for their "spaceshiping" needs by any chance? 

I was looking at those! I love trans purple, but the shape is a bit curvy. I wonder how weird it would look as a windscreen.

Yeah, its concave bow at the top may likely seem a bit whimsical for a typical spaceship MOC; but, given that the set in question offers those pod assemblies in Trans-Light Blue and Trans-Purple, their shaping and colors would be all too fitting for SysStarian spacecraft MOCs... :wink:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Robert8 said:

In a time when gaming is hurting LEGO sales

Ummm... how many billions did they make last year? The last few years they have made insane amounts of profit and 3-4-5 years ago became the biggest toy company in the world. So how are video games hurting sales? :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

In a time when gaming is hurting LEGO sales, they made a gaming-themed wave to get some of that money. This Ninjago theme totally needed an app similar to Hidden Side's

Isn't an app basicly "gaming" as well ? and LEGO releases it's own games for 20+ years now, including having many many flash games on their website over the history.

Minecraft and Overwatch also are themes where LEGO basicly profits off gaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2019 at 4:03 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

It's very much a Cyberpunk wave for this theme in the truest sense of the word, with quite the heavy Tron 1982/Ready Player One vibe. :classic:

Forgot to reply but yes. Arcade cabinets! Plus that flying car with the BttF Delorean-style wheels and the Countach-esque front end and windscreen. 

Are any of the new transparent "wing" elements trans yellow? I'm guessing they're all trans neon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, danth said:

Forgot to reply but yes. Arcade cabinets! Plus that flying car with the BttF Delorean-style wheels and the Countach-esque front end and windscreen. 

Are any of the new transparent "wing" elements trans yellow? I'm guessing they're all trans neon.

Looks like just Trans. Neon Green and Trans. Neon Orange, yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.