Sign in to follow this  
klockizbroda

[MOC] The Old School Caravan Trip

Hello,

With this first post I wanted to share with you my latest MOC which I call The Old School Caravan Trip. It is my humble tribute to the classic 'car and caravan' sets done in a bit old fashion way, with a tiny vintage car towing almost equally tiny caravan. The caravan is fitted with a foldable bike rack, a roof rack for the luggage and it has just enough space inside to fit a bed for one minifigure.

As an experiment, I decided to submit this MOC as a product idea on LEGO Ideas, so if you fancy supporting it, you may find it here.

Hope you'll enjoy it!

49081476568_4711fc364c_c.jpgThe Old School Caravan Trip by Michał Piotrewicz, on Flickr

49082204967_f7b8696882_c.jpgThe Old School Caravan Trip by Michał Piotrewicz, on Flickr

49082204957_8ea546e43d_c.jpgThe Old School Caravan Trip by Michał Piotrewicz, on Flickr

49082204972_5159af622c_c.jpgThe Old School Caravan Trip by Michał Piotrewicz, on Flickr

49082000211_3e9592f815_c.jpgThe Old School Caravan Trip by Michał Piotrewicz, on Flickr

49082205162_e714710380_c.jpgThe Old School Caravan Trip by Michał Piotrewicz, on Flickr

49082205167_8371392a34_c.jpgThe Old School Caravan Trip by Michał Piotrewicz, on Flickr

That's a real tiny caravan :classic: Sleeps very comfortable. 
Looks great with the roof and bike rack. Gives me a bit of a caricature / cartoon(isch) feel.
Also nice car, nice details too. Tiny car fits great with the the tiny caravan. Like it.

3 hours ago, neonic said:

That's a real tiny caravan :classic: Sleeps very comfortable. 
Looks great with the roof and bike rack. Gives me a bit of a caricature / cartoon(isch) feel.
Also nice car, nice details too. Tiny car fits great with the the tiny caravan. Like it.

Thank you, I'm really glad you like it! :sweet: It was exactly my intention to make it look a little cartoonish. Also, it kind of reminds me the way people (or at least those lucky enough) went on caravaning trips in my country back when I was a kid - with a tiny Fiat 126p packed up to the brims and towing almost as tiny Niewiadow N126 caravan trailer :grin:

3 hours ago, klockizbroda said:

with a tiny Fiat 126p packed up to the brims and towing almost as tiny Niewiadow N126 caravan trailer :grin:

That's funny you mention it. I looked for it on Google, and ... my neighbors 2 houses further have on. It looks real funny. It's from polyester right? It is very light. My neighbors bought it because they have a tiny car too, and they are pretty alternative :classic:

On 11/19/2019 at 5:53 PM, neonic said:

That's funny you mention it. I looked for it on Google, and ... my neighbors 2 houses further have on. It looks real funny. It's from polyester right? It is very light. My neighbors bought it because they have a tiny car too, and they are pretty alternative :classic:

Haha :laugh: Small world I guess.

Yes, from what I know it is polyester. It had to be light because it was specifically designed to be towed by the mentioned 24bhp aircooled roaring (or rather caughing :wink:) beast that the Fiat 126p was. I was actually pretty shocked when I recently discovered that they are still producing it (in a substantially updated form of course).

A big thank you to all of you for your kind words!

In case you are interested, I have prepared a video instructions for this build. You can find it on my Youtube channel: 

Parts inventory and PDF instructions are available from Rebrickable.com: https://rebrickable.com/users/klockizbroda/mocs/