11 hours ago, allanp said:

No, it really doesn't! To be fair I can't knock it for that because in this case  the speed is realistic. The knob twiddling on the other hand while it raises, not so much.

Ahhh I said raises instead of extends, I meant extends... Still though, that's not saying much

1 hour ago, ctx1769 said:

If you build this with a motor moc then you get your B model :tongue:

The point of a B model is that it does not need bricks other than the ones included in the set tho

Right, they could have at least done like a hook/tow truck or some kind of wheeled dozer or something, there's a lot of panels and gears to shape up whatever, the parts are there

12 minutes ago, ian74 said:

Anyone speak German who can tell me/us what he says?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X0mqi3nOtHk

I rewatched the Vid and wrote down anything I thought might be noteworthy. This will be terrible to read, but here you go:

100EUR price is fine, sadly no B Model, yellow, black&gray are good colors (not much green/lime bs hidden inside), cool yellow panels, steering at the roof isn't optimal, at the rear would have been more convinient(but could be easily modified to rear steering), XL linear actuator offers a good range of motion, Outriggers are very small and have to be deployed by hand?!, turning the Arm isn't a "turn a knob function" and just spins free, the ratchet mechanism for the rope and extending the boom is meh, sadly no V8 fake engine like some previous cranes, overall a ok model that should be available for 70EUR when you wait a little. Compared to what else is offered in the Technic lineup rn its a solid model, but still not as good as previous cranes, and older technic models in general. 

7 hours ago, suffocation said:

Seems there's enough room to at least get RC drive and steering and maybe motorise the rest.

Power Functions? Tch. Get with the times, dude. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Get with the times, dude. :laugh:

The correct expression seems to be "OK boomer". But really, PF is still plentiful and for sale (the 42095 hasn't been discontinued yet, I think), so why not use it?

5 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

The correct expression seems to be "OK boomer". But really, PF is still plentiful and for sale (the 42095 hasn't been discontinued yet, I think), so why not use it?

I was joking, 'cos CONTROL+ is the apparent successor to PF. For the record, I'm not hugely happy about PF being retired.

Interestingly, this setup would take up more space using Control+. Which, by the way, doesn't have power switches or lights (yet), nor can it act as a dumb battery box (yet), so to quote James Joyce's most famous line from Finnegans Quake, "screw Control+ (for now)."

Edited by suffocation

7 hours ago, suffocation said:

Interestingly, this setup would take up more space using Control+. Which, by the way, doesn't have power switches or lights (yet), nor can it act as a dumb battery box (yet), so to quote James Joyce's most famous line from Finnegans Quake, "screw Control+ (for now)."

There are lights since the Powered Up trains came out.. I think that was 2017. However they are limited in usability because you can only attach 2 per port and there are very limited ports

Thanks for the heads-up :classic:

Another reason for not using Control+ in my case is that, to quote Hemingway's epic line from For Whom the Smell Tolls, "my dumbphone sucks."

Cool!!, thanks for the link @AFOoLish..   Even though I don't know what language  it is..  it looks interesting !! :)  I want to do a mod !!!!  8x8x8??? and suspension??    stay tune!!!     

Edited by sirslayer
grammar

On 1/3/2020 at 3:26 AM, suffocation said:

Seems there's enough room to at least get RC drive and steering and maybe motorise the rest.

800x299.jpg

800x330.jpg

Seems that the Superstructure can easily fit 4x PF Medium Motors (Boom Extension, XL Actuator, Winch, Superstrucure Rotation) and a Buwizz Battery Hub (although the Black Counterweight part would need to be Extended by 3 Studs to fit the Hub) and the Manual controls have to be removed for it to work

Hello all,

not part of this discussion, but can anyone find on internet instructions for that Xioami Mitu Mobile Crane?

b27bcf73-6387-4c5f-8c32-9cae604dc662-2.j

I'm more interested in building this, but from real lego parts in yellow color

16 minutes ago, ace_klimax said:

... not part of this discussion, but can anyone find on internet instructions for that Xioami Mitu Mobile Crane?

I'm more interested in building this, but from real lego parts in yellow color ...

I was intrigued by this little crane as well and I have also searched for instructions but I couldn't find them either. However, I have rebuild this crane in LDD based on the available pictures and youtube movies. It's quite a surprising set for a number of reasons: It is a well thought through set with rugged functions and efficient part use, seemingly designed by an experienced builder. So I admit that at first I thought is must be a Chinese copy of a MOC.

Surprisingly, this assumption appears to be incorrect, because the set relies on at least two parts which do not have an official Lego counterparts. For example: the light bar/bumper on the front is mounted directly to the curved panel on the underside of the cabin. Neither version of the Lego curved panels have holes in this orientation. There is no quick and easy way to mount the bar in another way without significantly modifying the construction of the cabine, so this set must have been designed based on these new parts. Even more surprising is that this brand doesn't have a big portfolio of other sets so I wonder where the building experience comes from.

Long story short: I find this set a much better designed small crane set than the 42108, but you will not be able to simply build it with official Lego parts.