1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

8053 had a pretty good hook and that crane was designed to similar specs, so TLG has no excuse here.

I never liked any of those brickbuilt hooks, they look unwieldy kludges to me. This one has to be the worst of the lot though.

I hope that the 28z red gear snaps semi-permanently onto the differential housing on one side, but can still function as a clutch gear on the other side.

39 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I hope that the 28z red gear snaps semi-permanently onto the differential housing on one side, but can still function as a clutch gear on the other side.

What gear is that?

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

For some reason my reply is bugging out, I wasn't aware of a red gear in 42109 unless you're specifically talking about the differential, which I believe sariel has covered the newer gears in one of his YouTube vids

Edited by Banana92

15 hours ago, howitzer said:

The metallic Technic hook has apparently been discontinued, so nowdays we only have these non-decent contraptions in the place of a proper hooks.

The metal hook? That was ages ago.

It was last used in 8258 and that is 10 years ago.

+ to that hook, metallic.

- actually not even close to 100% realistic.

So... no redeeming quality, no saving grace, no nothing?

Oh look! There are some rare parts in this set:

- Yellow dogbone first introduced in the spider crane
- Yellow pin with pin hole first introduced in the Liebherr
- Yellow 3x11 shell panels with 10 holes
- Yellow 3x11 flat panel
- Yellow panels #5 and #6
- Blue 20z clutch gears
- Black 3L connector
- XL Linear Actuator

These parts are so valuable and so highly coveted that we fans will be more than willing to overlook other deficiencies, hold our hands, and sing kumbaya!

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

43 minutes ago, coinoperator said:

Video is age restricted and not visible

Most likely restricted or unlisted because even I can't see it anymore. Yet I did yesterday night. It simply confirms everything we talked about in this thread...no gearbox (unlike 8053), all manual outriggers with no single mechanism to deploy them (partially unlike 8053), and thin skeletal truck frame. Literally a good parts pack for yellow parts, wheels and an extra long linear actuator.

Whoever came up with the idea that the user has to probe a finger into a tiny opening just to flick out an outrigger should be condemned to get everything they covet in the same manner.

1 hour ago, coinoperator said:

Video is age restricted and not visible

this morning it was public and now it is private.

1 hour ago, sama said:

Most likely restricted or unlisted because even I can't see it anymore. Yet I did yesterday night. It simply confirms everything we talked about in this thread...no gearbox (unlike 8053), all manual outriggers with no single mechanism to deploy them (partially unlike 8053), and thin skeletal truck frame. Literally a good parts pack for yellow parts, wheels and an extra long linear actuator.

No gearbox?? Is there a drivetrain at all?

18 minutes ago, efferman said:

Maybe Set delivered under NDA and made public by accident.

Why was it posted here if it shouldn't be viewed in the first place?

I'm missing something:ugh:

20 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Reply is still bugging out for me

Won't argue with it being an excellent parts pack and we'll priced, it has many redeeming qualities, I would never say any one quality will over shine another though, since to me that's the equivalent of just having a box with 1300 random Technic parts, coveted or not, and saying it builds something.

It's still a mobile Crane and through that lens to me it falls short, it's not a complete failure, if I got the set I'm sure I'd be just fine with it, but I'd be more then happy with the parts it comes with!!

I can confirm (unless I am missing something) there is NO drivetrain, no fake engine, no differentials nothing of that sort, let me boot the computer and upload the stud.io file brb

9 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

- Black 3L connector

Help me out here - where did you see that on the parts-pack-dressed-up-as-a-creighn?

Is it ridged (42042/42043) or smooth (42056/42083)?

I think smooth, it is on the front trim that borders where a windshield would be, as well as the extensions for the axle powering the boom extension

Also  how do I upload a Stud.io file? The .1mb size limit is killing me, simple printscreen jpegs are larger

Edited by Banana92