1 hour ago, suffocation said:

Or build it in a different colour! Red and black are no-brainers; white and orange should also be feasible since the boom can be redesigned to work with standard 3x11 curved panels. Probably at least one of the ten billion azures out there, too. Not sure about dark blue yet - that'd be my choice, with white accents, crab steering and a three-stage boom.

What about a Champion Crane scheme, with blue cabin section, grey chassis and yellow operator's cab and boom? That'd be cool.

That sounds more like a Classic Space colour scheme. Not that there's anything wrong with that, on the contrary!

15 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

blue cabin section, grey chassis and yellow operator's cab and boom

2 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

That sounds more like a Classic Space colour scheme.

Anything somehow Classic Space has to be awesome :wub:

7 hours ago, suffocation said:

orange should also be feasible since the boom can be redesigned to work with standard 3x11 curved panels.

The corvette has the 3x11 10 hole panels in orange, so no redesign needed. But strangely enough, TLG still hasn't made #5 & #6 panels in orange... unless you meant these to be redesigned...

36 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

The corvette has the 3x11 10 hole panels in orange, so no redesign needed. But strangely enough, TLG still hasn't made #5 & #6 panels in orange... unless you meant these to be redesigned...

Right, forgot about the Corvette!

And I also forgot that the #5 and #6 panels are still missing in orange :sad:

(OT: Speaking of panels, hopefully we'll get yellow #21 and #22 in the 2H backhoe.)

For me it looks really unproportional. Wheels are a bit smaller than they should be, or both cabins are bigger. Boom, on a contrary, looks really better than all medium scale technic cranes' booms! Which is still not the reason for buying it. 

looking at the 15L lift-arm holding on the rear lights, we can say that the width of the model is 15L.

9 hours ago, suffocation said:

(OT: Speaking of panels, hopefully we'll get yellow #21 and #22 in the 2H backhoe.)

Hopefully we get the backhoe! It's only rumour right now isn't it?

21 minutes ago, allanp said:

Hopefully we get the backhoe! It's only rumour right now isn't it?

I think so yes. -edit removed incorrect/unverified info-

Edited by Rudivdk

Man I can't get over how ugly this crane is. It totally looks like what you'd expect from a knockoff brand set. I'm currently looking at a picture of a knockoff brand 6-wheel white mobile crane and it's so much nicer to look at than this

Lol my first thought when I saw the crane is that damn is LEGO copying other knockoff brand now. Very similar size and shape...

What is up with these pathetic outriggers, the outrigger beams should be as long as the crane is wide.

Blue seats? Why...

Another is issue I see it that the deck isn't smoothed, it has pronounced fenders and a gaping hole behind the engine.

And the winch drum is buried.

Don't even get me started on the boom tip, why does it stick out so far from the yellow panels.

4 hours ago, Metagross555 said:

Blue seats? Why...

Heresy! The punishment shall be to walk over his entire collection of sloped bricks, twice.

NO WAY... :facepalm: Not only ugly, but this is... how got this passed all the checking boxes? Very Super disappointing.

Edited by agrof

8 minutes ago, agrof said:

NO WAY... :facepalm: Not only ugly, but this is... how got this passed all the checking boxes? Very Super disappointing.

Really needs a b model. Hope someone comes up with alt builds on this

1 hour ago, MajklSpajkl said:

OMG, are they serious with those front outriggers?! 

As he grabbed the outriggers with his fingers I had the same thought: You must be kidding....

I mean TLG come on... it would be ok to actually use one of the front lights, the bumper, a lever in the cabin, or something completely else.... but please put some levers/gears/mechanics in there... I mean it's called "Technic" or did I missed something?

Edited by Jundis

Wow dis creighn iz so amayz :drunk:

It's got a brand new technique called "stick your finger in the hole and flick out the outrigger" - doesn't get any better (that's what she said).

6 minutes ago, suffocation said:

Wow dis creighn iz so amayz :drunk:

It's got a brand new technique called "stick your finger in the hole and flick out the outrigger" - doesn't get any better (that's what she said).

Don't forget the resulting erection... of the boom. :purrr: