73388419_2297857883769926_5069859295475007488_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQntJW2DriKBfCRYsGdMb-XfKUMHfdxfwbElyhlY8sBFzDjkdlOW5dz5mhy-8HYNrvg&_nc_ht=scontent.fsgn5-5.fna&oh=0a7ddd5cd07550642532718ffea7d1a5&oe=5E4DABC4

Stickers say OK Lifting service. So Olav designed another mobile crane. Maybe Markus is fed up with that type of model already lol.

AND NO B MODEL AGAIN!!!

Go nuts

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

2 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

AND NO B MODEL AGAIN!!!

Go nuts

They need to hire more designers!

Regarding the model, it looks like an updated 8460 with and extra axle and LA instead of pneumatics. Even outriggers seem to have a simillar mechanism. Nice use of the bewel 20 tooth gear to extend the boom.

Just now, Zerobricks said:

it looks like an updated 8460 with and extra axle

Exactly what I thought as soon as I first saw it. Not that there's anything wrong with that, though, especially since it was re-released twice...

I love it!  Just what I wanted (coming from a new Technic fan who missed out on all 8460/42009 type cranes)

Very weird no B model though...

So 1292 pieces, meaning we are looking at a €100-110 set optimistically right? Looks a whole lot better then the spider crane, for not that much extra in terms of price/pieces.

Im not huge on crane, but ever since i narrowly missed out on 42042, i feel like i should pick one up to try it, this might be the one if the price is right.

Yellow 3x11 curved 10 hole panel is to expensive because only include in 42009. Now we have other model include that panel :drool:

I found another thing! panel #5 and #6 (3x11 taperd panel) also come with this set! YEA!!!

Edited by msk6003

42082 looks better, also there is no information about motors. If everything is manually controlled I will 90% skip this set.

6 minutes ago, Valkyx said:

If everything is manually controlled I will 90% skip this set.

It's not an if. It's certain that all function is manually controlled.

15 minutes ago, Valkyx said:

42082 looks better, also there is no information about motors. If everything is manually controlled I will 90% skip this set.

why everything has to be motorized?

7 minutes ago, efferman said:

why everything has to be motorized?

So people can complaint that is not. And if it is, people will complain about that too.

Just now, Zerobricks said:

So people can complaint that is not. And if it is, people will complain about that too.

this seems to be the point

1 minute ago, Gray Gear said:

The boom is 4 studs wide...who in their right mind would built even width in Technic? :laugh_hard:

Must be a 80's or 90's designer :grin:

But I actually like they made it as small as possible. Well...making it 3 studs wide would be even more impressive, but you get my catch.

10 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Must be a 80's or 90's designer :grin:

You couldn't be more true : it's been designed by Olav.

I'm still struggling to figure out how the front outriggers are lowered, Apparently the two knobs in the back only affect the rear outriggers.

1 hour ago, msk6003 said:

Yellow 3x11 curved 10 hole panel is to expensive because only include in 42009. Now we have other model include that panel :drool:

I found another thing! panel #5 and #6 (3x11 taperd panel) also come with this set! YEA!!!

This is exactly what I noticed too! Welcome back yellow #5 and #6 panels!

About the set: nice! It is only missing a small touch of white in front, to resemble a re-edition of the 8460.

My only concern is that raising the boom may take ages.

I like they added something to lift, but no metal hook?

9 minutes ago, aol000xw said:

My only concern is that raising the boom may take ages.

That could really be a huge issue, especially since there's no quick solution like e.g. inverting the 12/20 gear pair.