Itsasecret581

Brown Bookstore

Hey all,

Here is a Brown Bookstore MOC I've been working on for a few months. This is the first building I've designed in Studio. With the rumor on the Modular Buildings thread that a bookstore is coming next, I will be a little disappointed if that turns out to be true.

0rn5ob9.png

The first floor features a candy shop tucked into the entry as well as the registers to check out.

vnAvmo0.png

Here's a look at the candy dispensers (couldn't figure out how to fill them in Studio) and a little wall art.

vt16hxr.png

Checkout registers and a small bookcase.

FcrhNbS.png

The second floor is the actual bookshelves and a sofa with a few chairs for people to sample the books before they buy.

W7jVN6f.png

Very nice building.  A city can always have competing bookstores.

You know though while leaving the exterior and a few changes to the interior this could make a very nice hardware store or an old general store type business.

Edited by CSW652

That's lovely, and the candy shop area is a nice addition.  I would say that it could use a few more books downstairs (or maybe a couple magazine racks?), but otherwise I like the layout and interior features.  The exterior looks great well.  I like that it's not too busy with the tame color scheme, but still has plenty of visual interest.  The top center window does seems a bit too square or unfinished somehow... something like giving it a half-stud inset might look good.

18 hours ago, deraven said:

That's lovely, and the candy shop area is a nice addition.  I would say that it could use a few more books downstairs (or maybe a couple magazine racks?), but otherwise I like the layout and interior features.  The exterior looks great well.  I like that it's not too busy with the tame color scheme, but still has plenty of visual interest.  The top center window does seems a bit too square or unfinished somehow... something like giving it a half-stud inset might look good.

Thank you! Magazine racks would be a great addition that I'll work on.

Finally got all the parts from my own collection and Bricklink (minus one cheese slope that I guess I miscounted). With the announcement of the official Lego modular bookstore, I'm thinking about redoing the interior into something else. Looking for any suggestions!

uD3xNBj.jpg

Here's the candy shop (will need to get some actual candy in the candy dispensers.

RvpA371.jpg

KaxlF0r.jpg

hnMKJse.jpg

Here it is with the Parisian Restaurant and my custom brownstone apartment.

Ypx6pXK.jpg